behemoth
06-28-2010, 07:02 PM
This will make it a bit tougher

bsa30-06
06-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Lost 2 weeks hunting time.

mark
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
I was just checking all the new regs, looks like we got all the stuff we talked about.....west koot elk hunt, whitey doe seasons, and a later spike/fork hunt, personally I like all the changes, now I can hunt moose for 5 days after mulies close!
I see no harmonization of the mule deer seasons in the lower regions, nor any season closer changes!

BCrams
06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I was just checking all the new regs, looks like we got all the stuff we talked about.....west koot elk hunt, whitey doe seasons, and a later spike/fork hunt, personally I like all the changes, now I can hunt moose for 5 days after mulies close!
I see no harmonization of the mule deer seasons in the lower regions, nor any season closer changes!

Did Reg 4 get another 5 days extension to their mule deer buck season? I can't remember if it went to the 10th in the past or the 15th.

Jelvis
06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I think I got a sneaky hunch as to why they did this in these areas.
To shut down on early hunters going for spike-fork bull moose in the breeding rut from Sept 20 to October 15 to save three point bulls from being shot by mistake and therefore it's closed for the rut.
It makes sense to me and I think a good move by the MOE.
I realize it's just my guess but hey it's done now.
This will put more pressure on MU 3-40 and other MU's still open during September to end of October 31.
Jel .. just a wild guess tho ..

Stone Sheep Steve
06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Did Reg 4 get another 5 days extension to their mule deer buck season? I can't remember if it went to the 10th in the past or the 15th.

They chickened out and only harmonized the early 4 pt and any buck "mid" seasons. They didn't seem to tinker with the closing dates.

SSS

dana
06-28-2010, 08:55 PM
It seems the harmonization of seasons was just to have the same point restrictions in the same months. The closures are still a little scatterbrained. Again the only one that seems to have the balls to do it right is Region 3. Gotta love the 2 whitey limit. My kids are going to be whackin and stackin those dinky dog deer and my freezer is going to be full. :)

Jelvis
06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Tell me your ideas about the new dates for the spike/forks why they did it this way, and how it will change the hunting in these MU's for the bull winkles?
Jel .. any ideas?

Ltbullken
06-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Huh yah! I'm gunna have a whole bunch of hunters skithering around my MU during my LEH moose draw season!! :-x That sucks! All of you non-LEH hunters, stay outta my MU!! :wink:

Jelvis
06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I bet I know which MU Sargent Bilko lol .. 1234 march let's go 1234 left right left right 1234

Ltbullken
06-29-2010, 06:24 PM
It seems the harmonization of seasons was just to have the same point restrictions in the same months. The closures are still a little scatterbrained. Again the only one that seems to have the balls to do it right is Region 3. Gotta love the 2 whitey limit. My kids are going to be whackin and stackin those dinky dog deer and my freezer is going to be full. :)

Hmmmm... dinky dog deer..... hmmmmm.

Ltbullken
06-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I bet I know which MU Sargent Bilko lol .. 1234 march let's go 1234 left right left right 1234

Your count is off. It's 1, pause, 2,3, 1! Now get it right....

swampdonkey
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Huh yah! I'm gunna have a whole bunch of hunters skithering around my MU during my LEH moose draw season!! :-x That sucks! All of you non-LEH hunters, stay outta my MU!! :wink:
which MU :-D

swampdonkey
06-29-2010, 06:50 PM
I think I got a sneaky hunch as to why they did this in these areas.
To shut down on early hunters going for spike-fork bull moose in the breeding rut from Sept 20 to October 15 to save three point bulls from being shot by mistake and therefore it's closed for the rut.
It makes sense to me and I think a good move by the MOE.
I realize it's just my guess but hey it's done now.
This will put more pressure on MU 3-40 and other MU's still open during September to end of October 31.
Jel .. just a wild guess tho ..
IT WON'T STOP 3 POINTS FROM BEING SHOT IT WILL STILLL HAPPEN :icon_frow

dana
06-29-2010, 07:28 PM
The way I see it, they've added 15 days to the season. I can now hunt immys in Region 3 from Sept 20 to Nov 15. Nice for those of us that live close to units in both season dates. :) I do know that I've seen a fair amount of immys the week after the 0ct 31 closure. The rut has those little guys hanging back away from the bulk of the action because they don't want to get $hitkicked by a bigger bull. IMO the later season is a good way to see a bigger harvest.

Ltbullken
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
which MU :-D

Hey yer tryin' that sneaky talk like what wives do! No way its work on me! :twisted:

swampdonkey
06-29-2010, 08:55 PM
anyware in 3-18 to 3-20 see you there good luckl

Jelvis
06-29-2010, 08:59 PM
If a person can hunt up Jamieson Creek until November 15th and have a nice snow to hunt in for moose that would be fantastic fun, looking at tracks and guessing if it's a spike/fork bull. Then hunting around the fresh track.
The bonus is the muley bucks in rut. Bonus!
Jel .. could be a good thang

MichelD
06-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Coincides with two weeks of my Mule deer doe draw. I like it.

Steve W
06-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Bull to cow ratio was way down and 14 illegal kills in one year around the Monter Hills likely had something to do with it.

Jelvis
06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Those illegal kills are devastating, shooting the bull then counting the points is real bad, now with no early season in some MU's for spike/fork there won't be the excuses of mistakes that some make because there's no season then.
jel .. that's only one reason but it could save some larger bull moose from being shot .. especially in MU 3-20 Monte-lake through to Roche

1 shot 1 kill
06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
The way I see it, they've added 15 days to the season. I can now hunt immys in Region 3 from Sept 20 to Nov 15. Nice for those of us that live close to units in both season dates. :) I do know that I've seen a fair amount of immys the week after the 0ct 31 closure. The rut has those little guys hanging back away from the bulk of the action because they don't want to get $hitkicked by a bigger bull. IMO the later season is a good way to see a bigger harvest.

10-4 i agree an extended season!! i have seen alot of them buggers in early nov..this year i will do more than just watch them walk away!...3 this past season alone 2 on the same day!! woohoo:-D

Jelvis
07-03-2010, 03:36 PM
After the moose rut cools off I guess junior moves back in with mom from October 15th to November 15th making it an awesome time to hunt in harmony for spike/fork bull moose and with the big muley buck rut show .. Wham Bam a double whammy around Kammy ..
Jeljammy .. Two for the price of one .. cool

cwocarsten
07-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I booked a week at my cabin on hatheume lake. Had the cabin since 2005 but no time to hunt. Now that I retire from the Army Reserves, after 33 years I am pumped because the missus said when I quit I get another week for hunting camp. Hmmmm maybe she's not ready to see me at home so much. Apparently the deer migrate out towards the end of Oct. I guess I'll find out.

Steeleco
07-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Coincides with two weeks of my Mule deer doe draw. I like it.

Just noticed that myself. SWEEEEETT!

Jelvis
07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
If you can hunt spike/fork from October 15th to November 15th, your into snow and the stink of the mule deer rut head on, and you see does, you see bucks and some bucks will have a 18 inch wide to 27 inches wide, and high tines, long, and thick, heck, you could luck into a wall hanger, while lookin for Bullwinkle, the bucks like it where moose do also .. Take your camera along and take some photos of the bad boy.
Jel .. we got moose, deer and grouse in Region 3 waiting to meet you.

Jelvis
07-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Well you can go earlier for spike/fork too in other Mu's in Reg 3, just look it up and see which ones like 3-40 might be good, but check it out mu 3-39 and 3-38 what are yah scared get out on a fsr and get a young bullwinkle, aka swampdonkey. Mu's 3-34 to 3-44 + 46 are open early on Sept 20
Check on line or in the paper edition of the 2010 Hunting and Trapping Synopsis for detailed instructions.
Jello, you didn't know? Well now you know hunter.

Jelvis
07-30-2010, 01:23 PM
October 15th til November 15th, the temperature, would be much cooler up around 4000 feet level above sea-level, so that is a good one ... dealing with all that protein rich tasty fine meats .. a cool night hangin .. workin on it.
Jel .. T-Bone Steaks from a spike/fork bull moose are to die for! lol ..