PDA

View Full Version : First unsuccessful hunt.

killman
06-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Well my first bowhunt was unsuccessful, I was out in the yard practicing and there was a few crows squawking in the trees. So I set up the fox pro in my yard by my target and let them have it. Next thing I know the yard is full of squawking crows but none would land so I had the sand hill as a back stop.:-D

moosinaround
06-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks Killman, the Noisey SOB's are somewhere else tonight!! AHHHHHH Peace and quiet!! Moosin

killman
06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm sure my neighbors where impressed. Oh well make up for their stupid yappy dogs.

Ambush
06-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Well my first bowhunt was unsuccessful, I was out in the yard practicing and there was a few crows squawking in the trees. So I set up the fox pro in my yard by my target and let them have it. Next thing I know the yard is full of squawking crows but none would land so I had the sand hill as a back stop.:-D

Get some french fries from Macdonalds, save the bag and place it in a good shooting spot. Spread a few fries around the bag and leave a bunch inside. Place a good sized rock in the bag to keep the crows from shaking it out. Let them have a few fries to build their confidence. Only shoot when the crow's head is inside the bag, as they are notorious "string-jumpers".
You will only get one chance at a flock.

Remember the turkey hunter's motto.
shoot'em high, watch'em die,
shoot'em low, watch'em go".

Like grizzlies, break down their shoulders.

We will expect a "grip'n grin" pic on here soon.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Get some french fries from Macdonalds, save the bag and place it in a good shooting spot. Spread a few fries around the bag and leave a bunch inside. Place a good sized rock in the bag to keep the crows from shaking it out. Let them have a few fries to build their confidence. Only shoot when the crow's head is inside the bag, as they are notorious "string-jumpers".
You will only get one chance at a flock.

Remember the turkey hunter's motto.
shoot'em high, watch'em die,
shoot'em low, watch'em go".

Like grizzlies, break down their shoulders.

We will expect a "grip'n grin" pic on here soon.

is baiting ethical/legal ? what about fair chase LMAO

Ya fries are the best bait for crows .. My neighbors are pleased with my progress ... they want me to get better and shoot all the Mosquitos up the hart now :confused:

Bow Walker
06-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Why do you think that I took the name Bow "Walker" on here? I used to just take the darned thing out for a walk. :evil:

Used to, that is.:wink:

Sideofabarn
06-28-2010, 10:14 AM
[quote=Bow Walker;700683]Why do you think that I took the name Bow "Walker" on here? I used to just take the darned thing out for a walk. :evil:

Oh man, do I know that feeling...

Bow Walker
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Huge monkey off my back the first season after moving out here to the boonies. :-D