PDA

View Full Version : rules and regs?

dougster
06-26-2010, 08:21 PM
when out in lac de bois area there is the protected grasslands that i nkow cant be hunted, but after that there is an area called the lac de bois conservation area... noone i have talked to has been able to tell me for certain if hunting in there would be illegal. anyone know?

Kirby
06-26-2010, 08:41 PM
OK, you have Lac Du Bois Protected area, you CAN hunt in it. Which Conservation area are you talking about? There are 3 Ecological reserves which are no hunting within the protected area(Park), there is also a large chunk of land on the Northern boundry which was purchased by the NCC and they are private landowners who are against hunting.

Kirby

dougster
06-26-2010, 08:53 PM
ok yeah it must be the NCC site, it is the space just past lac de bois. so the area within the protected zone is free to hunt? thats pretty good, it suck though that the NCC area is closed, there are some awesome aspen bunches that im sure would be good

Brian011
06-26-2010, 10:14 PM
yah i was also wondering because there are signs that say no vehicles, no fires, no camping but not one no hunting sign, and i dont really know where you are allowed to hunt in that area. cause if you look i the regulations that in one of the little maps in region three that shows the lac du bois area it shows the private property marked out in grey. if you shot shot something in the crown land area are you allowed to pack it out through the NCC area?

Stone Sheep Steve
06-27-2010, 04:41 AM
OK, you have Lac Du Bois Protected area, you CAN hunt in it. Which Conservation area are you talking about? There are 3 Ecological reserves which are no hunting within the protected area(Park), there is also a large chunk of land on the Northern boundry which was purchased by the NCC and they are private landowners who are against hunting.

Kirby

When the NCC aquires land...part of the deal can be that the previous owners request they honor previous policies. Was this land aquired from another private owner or did the province sell it off?

There are many NCC owned lands in the koots where hunting is allowed.

Or is "no hunting" part of the newer movement of the NCC?? New people at the helm??

SSS

dougster
06-27-2010, 04:17 PM
i have never seen a no hunting sign where the NCC owned land is, or in the protected area. the only no hunting signs are up past mcqueen lake and thats only on the right hand side of the road. there are logging roads after that that have no shooting signs, forresters at work. are those rules??? or are they just put there for when they are working?

Jelvis
06-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Just don't shoot off the side of the road from just past LacDuBois Lake to just past McQueen Lake at 15 km, after passing the McQueen Lake .. then your good to go .. in that section you need to be 400 meters off the road. It's not brain surgery.
Jel .. Lac Dubois is in MU 3-29 and McQueen is in MU 3-28
That whole area was owned by a rancher til this year, his name was Frolic and he's gone now.
Thank heaven for that, .... good riddance. He got a cheque for 12.6 million for that grassland.