PDA

View Full Version : Out of Province HUnter

Savage Man
06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how hard it is and how long it takes to get a permit to guide an out of province hunter. My buddy wants to come from Alberta to hunt Elk this fall ?

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Saw weeeeeeeeet. Bringin his own gun?

blackbart
06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Provided you are a BC resident it should not take that long. If memory stands correct you apply to the MOE and provide all of your information such as address and hunter number, your partners information and the MU/dates that you would like to hunt. Should not be a problem for GOS Elk, but LEH areas such as Roosies may not be the same. The only problem would be if there are any previous wildlife infractions (I am sure that this is not the case).

Savage Man
06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Provided you are a BC resident it should not take that long. If memory stands correct you apply to the MOE and provide all of your information such as address and hunter number, your partners information and the MU/dates that you would like to hunt. Should not be a problem for GOS Elk, but LEH areas such as Roosies may not be the same. The only problem would be if there are any previous wildlife infractions (I am sure that this is not the case).

Thanks !!! I am a resident and he doesn't have any infraction that I am aware of.

J_T
06-21-2010, 08:05 PM
You have your work cut out for you if you want to get it done for fall. We've had a couple of guys that used to be residents have moves to other provinces and come back to hunt with us. It takes time to get it all in place.

d6dan
06-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how hard it is and how long it takes to get a permit to guide an out of province hunter. My buddy wants to come from Alberta to hunt Elk this fall ?

Here ya go.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/docs/accompany_to_hunt.pdf

Kody94
06-21-2010, 08:17 PM
You have your work cut out for you if you want to get it done for fall. We've had a couple of guys that used to be residents have moves to other provinces and come back to hunt with us. It takes time to get it all in place.

You are supposed to submit 4 weeks in advance. I would recommend more like 8 weeks minimum just to be sure.

I did it in 2008 and it was pretty simple.

Savage Man
06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info boys!!!!

.330 Dakota
06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
You can only do this for GOS, not available on any LEH critters

BGA
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I applied and got a permit for my buddy last year. I applied on Aug 14 for an Elk hunt starting Oct 1. Had the permit in two or three weeks after applying.

Very easy process.