PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Logan Lake

Jimsue
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Any one going to the field trial in Logan Lake this comming weekend?

If so hope to see you there!

Jimsue

Vanman1985
06-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Some more info would be great, PM sent

LeverActionJunkie
06-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Where abouts is it Jim? I live in Logan Lagoon and wouldn't mind having a look if I get a chance.

Jimsue
06-21-2010, 04:23 PM
It on the 26th and 27th out by Tunkwa lake starts around 8:00 in the morning, if you like watching dogs work its worth a look. Just look for the signs, open and qual on saturday, open and jr. on sunday.

Vanman1985
06-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Will there be signs from the Kamloops side of Tunkwa or just the Logan lake side??? Will there be retrieving????? Is it spectator friendly??? Will it cost anything to watch??

Thanks

Justin

labguy
06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Will there be signs from the Kamloops side of Tunkwa or just the Logan lake side??? Will there be retrieving????? Is it spectator friendly??? Will it cost anything to watch??

Thanks

Justin

Take the turnoff to Tunkwa Lake as soon as you hit Savona. (about 24 KM's) Signs will be posted as soon as you reach the height of land by Tunkwa lake provincial park. (small home made signs so be watchful) If you get lost ask anybody with a vehicle with dog crates where everything is. There will be lots of those.

This is a competative Retriever trial. You will see some excellent dog work. If you've never been to one of these trials before you'll be impressed by what these dogs can do.

The Open stake is where you will see the better, more well trained and experienced retrievers.

It is usually spectator friendly (they do ask that you remain fairly quiet so as not to interfere with a running dog) and there is no cost.

Lots'oLabs
06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Any one going to the field trial in Logan Lake this comming weekend?

If so hope to see you there!

Jimsue

We're not going :icon_frow

We've already had a couple of trips away to trials.
1 trial means too much $ with truck and trailer on the ferry.

BUT... in September we'll go to the National in Merritt early and do some pre-national training. Hope to see you there Jim.

Go get'im this weekend! You too Labguy!
Also good luck to the trailer park gang from the island!

Deb

mijinkal
06-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I would love to come by and watch but it's a bit of a drive from the LM for a spectator.
Are there any trials in or near the mainland coming soon?
I'm picking up my DK pup on Friday and would love to get out and meet some faces this summer before the real training begins with him.

Kasomor
06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I would love to come by and watch but it's a bit of a drive from the LM for a spectator.
Are there any trials in or near the mainland coming soon?
I'm picking up my DK pup on Friday and would love to get out and meet some faces this summer before the real training begins with him.

http://www.bcretrievernews.ca/schedule.htm

Check out the link above for field events.

There is not another Field Trial in the LM this year.

There IS Working Certificate tests in July and August. The July one is in Aldergrove and the August one is east of Mission.

There is also a Hunt Test in September in Aldegrove too.

I hear that the Lab HT in October (held by Bridal Falls) is going to be cancelled.

On a scale of difficulty...the WC stuff is the easiest, followed by HT, then by Field Trials.

All are striclty for retrievers...and poodles and Irish Water Spaniels. There is another breed that is allowed to run but I can't remember what it is off hand.

Good luck to all at Logan Lake!

Kasomor

Lots'oLabs
06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
http://www.bcretrievernews.ca/schedule.htm

Check out the link above for field events.

There is not another Field Trial in the LM this year.

There IS Working Certificate tests in July and August. The July one is in Aldergrove and the August one is east of Mission.

There is also a Hunt Test in September in Aldegrove too.

I hear that the Lab HT in October (held by Bridal Falls) is going to be cancelled.

On a scale of difficulty...the WC stuff is the easiest, followed by HT, then by Field Trials.

All are striclty for retrievers...and poodles and Irish Water Spaniels. There is another breed that is allowed to run but I can't remember what it is off hand.

Good luck to all at Logan Lake!

Kasomor

I think the other breed is called "Tollers":lol::lol::lol:

Last I heard there were 45 dogs entered in Open.
It'll be a doozie of a test!

Kasomor
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM

The other breed is Airedale Terriers. They are allowed to play in the Hunt test and Working Certificate games.

I think it would be neat to see one working. We are a friendly bunch at HT and WC. We compete against a standard, not against the other dogs and handlers so we are not silently wishing the other dogs fail so ours ends up in the ribbons.

Kasomor

labguy
06-22-2010, 08:54 PM
We are a friendly bunch at HT and WC. We compete against a standard, not against the other dogs and handlers so we are not silently wishing the other dogs fail so ours ends up in the ribbons.

Kasomor

I should let this one go unchallenged......... but I won't. :-D

I don't know anyone in the field trial game that wishes another dog will fail just so their dog can get a placing.

These are people who train very hard and appreciate good dog work whether it's their own dog or someone elses. They know what it takes to get a dog to compete at those levels.

Field trials are competative. Competative people want to win by winning ............not by someone else losing.

Kasomor
06-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I should let this one go unchallenged......... but I won't. :-D

I don't know anyone in the field trial game that wishes another dog will fail just so their dog can get a placing.

These are people who train very hard and appreciate good dog work whether it's their own dog or someone elses. They know what it takes to get a dog to compete at those levels.

Field trials are competative. Competative people want to win by winning ............not by someone else losing.

Got ya!!! :twisted:

ROFLMAO!!!

Kasomor