PDA

View Full Version : Good news elk in squamish

slyfox
04-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I went bear hunting in squamish this afternoon and what do i see 4 elk 3 cows and one bull im not a elk hunter so i dont now if they would be rocky or roosevelt elk but pretty cool to see elk this close to van.

BANG!
04-09-2006, 08:22 AM
were the bruin awake up there Fox?

I was studying the maps for 2-8 just the other day and wondering if there was still too much snow up there?

slyfox
04-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Yep i saw two bears a small one and one that i lost about a 6 footer.

boonerbuck
04-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Good to see elk showing up all over the place these days. In years to come, it should take some of the pressure off the LEH and we all can have a realistic shot at a draws.

Lots and lots of elk sightings here around 100 Mile House these days. People are showing me pics, not a mistake.

The herd in the Quesnel area is growing and growing. There is talk that there will be draws in the not so distant future. The coastal elk, Roosevelt's, are spreading and that's what you definitely saw down Squamish way, should keep offering more and more draws. I hope so. I would love to see those Island draws have their odds come down.

ratherbefishin
04-09-2006, 01:12 PM
now if only we can keep the poaching down....

ryanb
04-09-2006, 01:29 PM
No one believed me when i said I saw elk tracks up the squamish Valley. HA! to all of you

bcboy
04-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Elk were first transplanted to McNab creek in 1958, there were also some transplanted a couple years back same area. These elk have moved up to the squamish Valley:smile: also, spotted a few moose last yr:smile:

Anyway the Natives now own the rights to all the logging in this area .

also, there is no open season on either elk or moose.

Mc?Nab creek is LEH..2 tags- big odds:-(

BCLongshot
04-12-2006, 08:00 PM
They transplanted a herd up Pitt Lake a yr and a bit ago and Sechelt area.

Fred
04-12-2006, 11:14 PM
They transplanted a herd up Pitt Lake a yr and a bit ago and Sechelt area.

Also upper Stave. Fred