PDA

View Full Version : Question about deer hunting TOOLS

hawkfu
06-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Got No Draw This Year. So Plan To Have Couple Trips For Deer Hunt.
Question Is Tree Stand Or Ground Tent Which One Is Better?

peashooter
06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
depends if you have a known hot spot, is there good trees with some cover, do you need to have the ability to relocate for wind or lack of deer. will you have a partner sitting with you. i would personally go with a climber stand, but they are definitely not for everyone. post in gear and you may get more responses.

Bow Walker
06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
There are a couple of other members who do that too - capitalize every word in a sentence. :?

Why? :confused:

Hunting is usually about the terrain in the area/game that you're going to hunt. In other words - tactics suit the situation/animal. So if you're hunting Whitetail deer then I'd recommend either. If you're hunting Blacktail then it's a spot n stalk type of hunt.

Stand and/or blinds are all about location. So that means that pre-scouting is the key. :wink:

hunter1947
06-20-2010, 11:23 AM
If your in an open area a ground blind for sure if your in a wooded area it would be a tree stand for me..

Gateholio
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
There are a couple of other members who do that too - capitalize every word in a sentence. :?

Why? :confused:

:

USUALLY IT MEANS THEY HAVE THIER CAPS LOCK ON AND THE WEBSITE REMOVES ALL CAPS LOCK AND JUST LEAVES THE FIRST LETTER IN CAPS.

Bow Walker
06-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I guess I'm a bit anal then - I always re-read my post(s) before I hit the "submit" button, and I always use the spell checker too.

But, Hey!. Everyone Needs An A-hole Don't They?

Jelvis
06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
hawkfu mon no need worry we do it right yah.
I think I'd go ground blind, no tree, no stairs no platform no falling no problem lol
Ground blind set it up in a nice spot where you can observe the main vein deer trail terrain into the ranch field back forty with shorty. lol. Easy to setup in a proper manner and easy to take down.
Watch the wind direction always have the wind coming to you..and stay very still behind the blind at least don't make the blind move at all. Hide behind it with visuals to see the deer coming into the area in your front visuals .. focus front ... observe movement of any Hinds..
Jelly .. Ground blinds, theres no other kinds.

hawkfu
06-20-2010, 08:25 PM
I got couple honey holes about blackie. But i think this year is a big chance for white tail 2. At lease doe opening the coming season.
I dun care about spelling or capitalize work bla bla,at lease ppl can understand. We are here for discussing and sharing hunting infos and trophys. Cuz we all loving hunting.Rit?
SB said blind is easy to set up.I just need PROS advice. And i agree with BOW WALKER's point"pre-scout is the KEY!!!"

Bow Walker
06-21-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm not trying to bust yer balls or anything likr that. I apologize if I'm being taken that way.

If you're setting up a blind, be especially mindful of what's behind you - both when (and where) you place the blind and while sitting in it when you're actually hunting.

Trying to say that you shouldn't put the blind in a place that makes it "stick out" and when you're hunting, watch out for the critters sneaking up from behind. Good luck. Whitetail is some very tasty vittles.

bad arrow
06-21-2010, 12:42 PM
An elevated stand is best if the bush is thick like a swamp bordering timber, then you can look down into the thick brush.

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
If your going after whitetail or mule for meat just hide behind a bush or tree near a trail or feeding spot, no need for all that store bought stuff.
Jelly .. Hide in bushes and by brushy stumps and old wind downed trees.
Don't need to buy a thing.

hawkfu
06-21-2010, 10:44 PM
well, thx for all the kindly advices. bought couple DVD about big game bow hunt. seems pretty easy for them. need to work .hard this coming season..

Bow Walker
06-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Good luck, and don't forget to post up your efforts/success stories - and pictures.