PDA

View Full Version : To Shoot or not to Shoot

steelheadSABO
06-19-2010, 05:08 PM
so there is a black bear tearing off car doors and causing damage conservation has been informed but done nothing this is in a no rifle zone I am a licensed hunter with a bear tag in open season and wonder if I'm in the right to shoot this bear :confused::confused::confused:

srupp
06-19-2010, 05:10 PM
nope, not unless your a rancher on your own property OR there is a life at risk...property does not count for squat..

srr

peashooter
06-19-2010, 05:11 PM
with a bow yeah giver.

Jelvis
06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
No you have no right at all to shoot with rifle in a no rifle zone.
But maybe shooooot gun with shot. Check regulations in that spot first before doing any firing.

Big Lew
06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Now that question pops my devious mind into overdrive....now imagine, if you were allowed to shoot that bear, then who's to say, especially if you weren't able to shoot it during, and in a legal hunting situation, that you loaded your car with all the tasty snacks no bear could refuse.....imagine! :wink::wink::wink:

Jelvis
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I've heard of Bait Cars but this takes the cake, what was in those cars to make the bear tear the doors off?
Bacon and honey and raw cheese burger? Pickled herring and smoked oysters.

camelsfoot
06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
I think the correct thing to do. is to have all who it's affecting overwhelm conservation with complaints,until they respond. If you get no response from them , then the right thing to do is the correct thing. Use your imagination (no gun needed).

Jelvis
06-19-2010, 07:57 PM
When you report something like this scenario it sounds like a made up story and a false report so who knows lol. No one would believe a bear tearing doors off a vehicle, they bust a side window and crawl in.
It is some ones imagination getting away on them lol ...
Jel .. The three bears where's Goldy Locks ?

peashooter
06-19-2010, 08:02 PM
bear spray is 92% effective :wink:

steelheadSABO
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok I checked it out one car had the door had been opened and it scratched up the door on the van and broke the handle section off.It managed to scrounge up a closed bag of chips bear bangers had no affect and im not going to shoot it cause it has cubs

ytlogger
06-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Forget phoning CO for one thing. Once should be enough, then phone your elected representative and the Minister's office. Rattle a higher chain.

hunter1947
06-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Bow only then you can take the bear if for some reason you had to shoot this bear in a no shooting area for self defense you would have lots to explaining to the courts..

MuleyMadness
06-20-2010, 09:06 AM
nope, not unless your a rancher on your own property OR there is a life at risk...property does not count for squat..

srr

Even as a rancher you don't have a right to shoot nuisance animals, unless you can prove they are endangering your livestock.

When in.doubt assume you're not allowed.

Phreddy
06-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Make an anonymous phone call from a telephone booth to the C.O. telling them someone shot a bear with a rifle at ....(intersection near address.....) then see how fast it takes them to get there.

ytlogger
06-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Make an anonymous phone call from a telephone booth to the C.O. telling them someone shot a bear with a rifle at ....(intersection near address.....) then see how fast it takes them to get there.

and choose an location with a Tim's nearby