PDA

View Full Version : moose 5-02c

pse&remington
06-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I finally got an LEH, yah my last choice! The draw is for 5-02c in sept 10-30
Just wondering if anyone has ever hunted this region and if so can you give me any info that would help make my hunt more successful.

I usually hunt pink mountain, further up north in october. Starting to think I got the unlucky draw. I know that the back of the cut blocks in 5-02c are going to be the best chance and calling will probably be the only chance at getting in on one, but if anyone has any areas they may know of or any, thats any other info they could offer it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:idea:

srupp
06-19-2010, 12:24 PM
:wink:Jackson hole (lake) area,,,:wink:

steven

Jelvis
06-19-2010, 12:49 PM
MU 5-2
Fraser River East
These spots for access in MU 5-2
... 100 Mile East
Fair mules and moose hunting reached through Exeter and hunt the Dog Creek/Williams Lake road
... Lac la Hache East
Fair moose via Spout Lake road ... from Rail Lake and from 111 Mile and the Chub Lake road.
... Lac la Hache West
Fair moose and deer hunting from either end of Lac la hache via access roads and hike ins
...Williams Lake East
between Williams lake and Quesnel Lake roads. Likely, Kersley and Dragon roads and south from the Barkerville Hwy 26.
Jelly MU 5-2 Fraser River East ... PICK your zone

pse&remington
06-20-2010, 09:26 AM
thanks to all who have replied, I am starting to believe it may not be all that bad, I'll pray for cool and crapy weather until then. Thanks
If anyone else has any ideas please shoot em my way!

Jelvis
06-20-2010, 11:32 AM
MU 5-2 is one huge MU which extends listen up, extends from just north of 70 Mile House on Hwy 97, west to the Fraser near Dog Creek, then north along the east bank of the Mighty Fraser to that crazy place Quesnel, lol.
The eastern boundary follows the Swift River from northeast of Quesnel, cuts down beside Likely, then along the south side of Quesnel Lake, across Horesfly Lake, and then along Hendrix Creek to MU 5-1.
Jelly .. MU 5-2 Fraser River East ... The country between Williams Lake and Quesnel Lake is a maze of watercourses, small and large lakes. Crisscrossed by good roads. The system of roads north above Canim Lake traverse some ideal hunting country mainly moose, some deer.
Exeter east of 100 Mile has some fair access. Into Dog Creek area and don't forget the Dog Creek-Williams Lake road, butterfly lol.
And up the Spout Lake road for a toad whoa somebody stop me, Spout Lake road.
McCleese Lake the Likely road C'mon man I'm a believer, and 48 km above north of Williams Lake is another weiner, senor'
20 km south of Quesnell the Kersley road and from Quesnell itself out southeast way up the Dragon lake road for a monster swamp donkey and trophy buck or boar.
And Hwy 26, South of Barkerville highway ... BOOM! Got a moose ... The meat melts in your mouth.

srupp
06-20-2010, 01:23 PM
5-02-C...a good amount of moose and have a deer tag with you in that area...

if needing some help..send me a Pm with your ph #..

srupp

Jelvis
06-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Region 5
Cariboo
East of Williams Lake, and reached from McLeese Lake, 150 Mile House, Lac la Hache and 100 Mile House a great network of roads interlace the parklands and ridges lying between Quesnel Lake in the north and Canim Lake on the south.
Jelly . Region 5 Cariboo .

cariboobill
06-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I live in 5-2-B and hunt all over this area including 5-02-C. So while some help maybe read out of a book and posted here, some help is based on real experience.

Good hunting area for many species. But it is not a road show, thank god we get/got enough of road warriors all ready.

pm me once you figure out where in 5-02-C you are think of going and I may be able to help with some local knowledge.

CB

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Waterfowling in the Cariboo has been good. Geese have actually increased over the years. Grouse and rabbit hunting can be good. Grouse have made a comeback and provides hours of fun shooting grouse.
Waterfowling over decoys is the best excitement going for duck hunting. All a hunter needs is a place to hide and a good retriever.
Nothing like hunting upland game birds on a fine fall day in, "the BOO." (short for the Cariboo)
jelly .. Boo birds .. Cara Boosters .. Moose and deer are relatively abundant .. Region 5: Cariboo
.. head on in for a Cariboothrill .. It fits the bill .. a vast and varied hunting ground .. main bag?
moose and deer .. no tears in my beers ..