PDA

View Full Version : cranker whitey died naturally

lightmag
06-19-2010, 11:04 AM
We should all be so lucky to die at our prime after a long rut.[/font]
This buck was found dead by hunters by Petersburg , ND . Just goes to show:
they're out there! WOW.
The news is out. After keeping this brute a perfect secret all throughout the season "Big Louie" was found dead by pheasant hunters
on my friends neighboring property. The 250" buck was discovered by my friend Darin and his neighbor Mark. Here's the story.
Early season I received a phone call from Darin, my good buddy. His voice sounded as if he had just shot a buck so i asked him what he
got... He told me that nothing was dead but to get to his place as soon as I could so he could show me something. I drove over and looked at
his computer and saw the biggest buck i had ever seen on a trail camera.
We sat there and talked about how he was going to hunt him, how to stay calm, how to go about the whole process of getting this buck, and how
we couldn't even speak of this Monarch. From then on Darin told me he was in bowhunting mode and would settle for nothing less of the buck that
had been named "Big Louie" by Mark. All season I heard the stories from them both and saw that no matter what they tried, it was always outsmarting them. He wouldn't be that big if he couldn't outsmart them...Darin didn't use a firearm all season. He told me that he was not going to go out and hunt during the firearms season and had to just sit around and pray that "big Louie" would make it through. They would see him plenty during the bow season, but never in range. Later in the season, just about a week or so ago the buck was found dead by
pheasant hunters on John Grosboll's property in Petersburg . The property was right next to Darin's lease... Either way, it was a tragic way to see this monster go down.
They ruled the death as natural causes. here are some pictures.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/founddead.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/founddead2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/founddead3.jpg

Islandeer
06-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh My!!!!!

peashooter
06-19-2010, 11:24 AM
his nose fell off. btw, all those letters that happened before the pictures were confusing.

knighthunter
06-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Cranker for sure. It's a dandy whitey, for sure. I wonder how they came up with death by natural causes.

mark
06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
That is a dandy whitey for sure! Would like just one like that before I die!

valleycowboy
06-20-2010, 07:01 AM
that is one hell of a buck!!!!
if i ever seen one like that,i would probably have a heart attack before i could shoot,lol

sawmill
06-20-2010, 07:06 AM
[FONT=Verdana','sans-serif]

Nice buck:)

Chuck
06-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Definitely a project in the waiting for some taxi.

Cdn-Redneck
06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
With a rack like that he probably died from a broken neck:mrgreen:

BlacktailStalker
06-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I can only imagine how big that is, wow.
My buddy has a 229 and change whitetail life sized.. and its a toad.

huntwriter
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Cranker for sure. It's a dandy whitey, for sure. I wonder how they came up with death by natural causes.

If the buck hasn't been shot or run over by a car then it is natural cause, even if it has been killed by a predator.

It's a little known fact that most mature trophy bucks do not die from a bullet or arrow. Learning at an early age how to avoid hunters is how these animals get old.