View Full Version : MU 3-13 and joke

natebavis
06-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Did everyone here BP plugged the pipeline,
They put a wedding ring on it,
Once you put a wedding ring on something,
It STOPS putting out

ya ya

Oh and where EXACTLY is there going to be a bull moose between nov 1-30 around merritt...313..looking for the best honey holes possible..preferebly close to or on the road please...Also have a doe draw...but I have heard on here before..The does are where you find them...Come on its a good joke...

Nate

06-18-2010, 10:37 PM
none left, natives have been pounding it, good luck though.

ct

MuleyMadness
06-18-2010, 11:31 PM
There are tons of moose there...but like curly said the natives hit it HARD...something like 4 or 5 different bands right in the area of Logan Lake, Merritt, upper/lower nicola, etc and they start hunting early and don't stop til well after the snow flies, and they shoot everything on 4 legs.

For the late hunt I would focus on areas where there is abundant feed and plenty of cover...and hope that there is lots of snow to limit the animals choices for feed close to cover. If it's bare it's a tough hunt.

natebavis
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the tips. I got any bull draw Ft. St. James area so I will be spending 2 weeks up[ there and then joining my 2 friends with the 3-13 draw for moose and does. I noticed all the reserves around there!!! You guys are right. I am going to go do an overnighter in the area and scout this summer. Saw a lake(lily lake i think) should have some fish in it. That will give me a chance to see what it is like before there's a foot of snow there.

Muleycatcher
06-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Had a 3-13 antlerless draw last year. Spent every weekend in November in there and only saw two does. Barely saw any game. Not saying they aren't there, I just had piss poor luck finding them at the right time.

As posted above, this area gets hunted hard for anything that moves on 4 legs.

r106
06-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I know a spot in that area but I busted my ass off to find it. But if your in a pinch when the time comes send me pm. I put in for those draws too The road in the area I go to gets alittle hairy around November
________
TRICHOMES PICTURES (http://trichomes.org)

3kills
06-20-2010, 10:28 PM
lower nicola is not a reserve! 3-13 is a dam big area as well. and lets leave the native comments out of it. the natives dont only hunt 3-13! i have some pretty good honey holes to if u want pm and i will see what i can do for ya. and lilly lake has fish in it but that is a party spot guys run the edge of the lake with there mudders and chew it up. i have heard the fish out of lilly are pretty muddy tastin. there is other better lakes in 3-13 then lilly.

MuleyMadness
06-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Never said lower nicola was a reserve, just that there are lot's in the vicinity.

It's not all natives for sure, but they are taking a lot of game, particularly moose. There are deer there too, but it's better moose country really.

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM
MU 3-13 Some whitetails and mule deer in those hills down low in winter/spring and there are moose also. Coldwater River.
Some big blue grouse on those high ridges.
Lots of country to cover with different looks and population of game and birds and bears in 3-13 is clean and fresh.

3kills
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Never said lower nicola was a reserve, just that there are lot's in the vicinity.

It's not all natives for sure, but they are taking a lot of game, particularly moose. There are deer there too, but it's better moose country really.
to be honest some of the best parts of 3-13 i have seen alot more deer then moose. i do have a few honey holes even though a few of them are now gone :evil: but i know of parts of 3-13 that has produced lots of big bucks. my avatar buck was shot in 3-13