PDA

View Full Version : Bears: just around the corner

superchase
04-07-2006, 10:29 PM
The bears should almost be coming out now for the bear season. Going to have to get me one this year...its been awhile. Anyways, think about it

04-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Still a little early in the north Okanagan, at least on most crown land access. Lower down on the valley floor bears have been spotted, but most of that area is posted.

quadrakid
04-08-2006, 07:31 AM
this is my first post,good to have a site for us bc hunters.i drove from campbell river up to zeballos and port hardy on thursday,still snow up high, not many bears out yet but saw one nice big boy on the side of island highway just before the tsitika.on a different tack ,i got out last weekend and fired off the first few rounds from my new 300WSM.nice gun,didn't find the kick much different than my trusty 30.06 which is now in the hands of some dirty thief in Hope, but thats another story.

Gateholio
04-08-2006, 11:05 AM
this is my first post,good to have a site for us bc hunters.i drove from campbell river up to zeballos and port hardy on thursday,still snow up high, not many bears out yet but saw one nice big boy on the side of island highway just before the tsitika.on a different tack ,i got out last weekend and fired off the first few rounds from my new 300WSM.nice gun,didn't find the kick much different than my trusty 30.06 which is now in the hands of some dirty thief in Hope, but thats another story.

Welcome to HBC.

Sorry to hear about your 30-06, but I am sure the 300WSm will soon become a favorite!:smile:

Steeleco
04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Welcome also, don't worry about the .06 I'm sure the registry will work just fine!!! You will however, not likely miss it once you get use to the short mag.

Elkhound
04-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Damn thieves:mad:

But welcome.

bsa30-06
04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
welcome to hbc, sorry to hear about the 06, dam i hate theives.