PDA

View Full Version : maps?

tomla1
06-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Anybody know if its possible to get more detailed maps for leh zones other than the synopsis, I got my first draw and i am not very familar with the area. Thanks

Wild_Dog
06-16-2010, 08:40 PM
what zone or area?

Riverratz
06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
I copied this from another thread last year, can't remember who first posted it. My apologies to the original author. It definitely works if you follow the instructions;

Here's how to get the LEH Zones Map digitally.

1) Hold control and click on this link;
iMapBC public - Make a Map

2) Once it has loaded, the first thing to do is turn off the Landsat image (to speed up the search) Click 'Layers' (on the top bar) then on the right bar click 'imagery' and uncheck the landsat option.

3) On the right at the top, click '[add / remove]' In the box that appears click Fish Wildlife and Plant Species scroll about halfway down and click Limited Entry Hunting Zones - All Species - Current Year

4) Close this box. On the right you will see your layers. Scroll down and you will see the LEH layers as per species. By default they are all checked. Uncheck the species you don’t want to see. Note that you won't see anything until you zoom into an area. Once you zoom in the layers become active.

If you click beside the layer name on the little 'i' Limited Entry Hunting Zones - All -Current Year - Outlined, then additional info becomes available. Click on that 'i' then go to the top op the screen and click on the top 'i'. Then click on the area you are interested in. You can use the coordinates markup to record zone boundaries, etc. Lots of possibilities if you play

Wild_Dog
06-16-2010, 09:16 PM
yep...but here is the actual link

http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc

.330 Dakota
06-16-2010, 09:17 PM
The backroad map books have the WMU boundaries in them..quite handy and accurate

tomla1
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys im in zone b 5-02

Pioneerman
06-16-2010, 09:32 PM
5-02 A? B?

Wild_Dog
06-16-2010, 09:33 PM
here's a link to the thread mentioned previously

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=34406

tomla1
06-16-2010, 09:41 PM
5-02 A? B?
im in zone b

Pioneerman
06-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I have hunted over there three or four different years. I am sure I have some maps around somewhere I will see what I can dig up. I see you are in Nanaimo as well, so we can get together. Will PM you if I find them

tomla1
06-16-2010, 09:56 PM
That would be awsome thanks.

Riverratz
06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
here's a link to the thread mentioned previously

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=34406

WildDog. thanks for posting that info last year.
I used it to locate exact long/lats for some sub-zone boundaries, then used that info on GoogleEarth to locate those locations precisely. Worked like a charm. I was able to then locate roads, trails, etc. into those sub-zones. Have now used that same data by manually uploading and marking it onto the topo on my GPS........no more guessing and staring at less than accurate so-called maps.
Thanks again, great info.