PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Goat 3-32 E

sakohunter
06-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I was fortunate to get a LEH mountain goat draw for 3-32 (E) which is between bridge river and gun creek roughly. This my first attempt at mountain goat and was wondering about the access to the area is like. I will be starting to scout things out over the summer, but was hoping that other successful hunters in that may have some input. Also any other hunters with that LEH draw if you are interested in doing some recon prior to the season opening let me know. Thanks

Dubra
06-16-2010, 05:38 PM
PM sent your way

NorthShoreX
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
You can get there by going to Pemberton and then taking the Hurley River FSR to Gold Bridge. There are FSR's all over the area and the Carpenter Lake Road connects Gun Creak to Bridge River. Other good roads include Tyaughton Lake Road and Marshall Lake Road (lots of rec sites on this road). August 2008 I was on Noaxe Creek FSR and saw a Moose close to Big Sheep Mt.

If you come in from Lillooet, head North on Bridge River Road, and instead of turning left to Carpenter Lake, you can continue straight to access the Yalakom River.

There are also tons of Horse and Hiking trails all over the place.

Hope this helps you.

Jelvis
06-16-2010, 10:23 PM
MU 3-32
Bridge River
Main access to this rugged, beautiful land is via the Bridge River road which leaves the Fraser River 12 km north of Lilliooet. About 25 km form this junction the highway swings down to cross the Yalakom River. Straight ahead, a gravelled road runs along this river, passable for most truck jockies for 30 km or so then four by is used. Good deer hunting along the ridges above this road, some moose and bighorn sheep in the head waters of the Yalakom, from 4x4 section. This road continues through the Big Bar Creek ferry across the Fraser, or runs south to connect with McKay Creek road and then to Lillooet road on the Fraser.
Carpenter Lake
Good deer range is found above the main road above the lake. Mule deer, moose and sheep are available to the hiker or horse person along the Tyaughton Lake-Relay Mtn road.
Jelly .. Bridge River rugged and beautiful land ... MU 3-32 ... Be there