PDA

View Full Version : Spatsizi Caribou Draw

ryanb
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Drew a tag for September 16-31st. Have already done my fair share of research. Does anyone know if there are any alternatives to North Pacific out of Tatooga or BC Yukon Air out of Dease since I will be going solo and don't need a beaver?

Alternatively, if anyone else has this draw and is looking to share a charter PM me.

I'll also take any hints and tips I can get for my first Caribou hunt. Thanks :mrgreen:

yukon john
06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
ootsa air out of burns lake I think, keith connors owns it and he also put in a dock in dease lk with rick mclean

Stone Sheep Steve
06-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Try Tsayta Air. They have a 185 but the only problem is they don't seem to know where it will be docked.
Worth a shot.

SSS

Recordram
06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
I would get a hold of Tysata Air as well. I have flown with them out of Tattoga, Black Lake and Fort St. James. Talk to Clarence. You can drive to Black Lake. It is a really short ride into the Spat. from there. I know this because I work up there. You can also pm me if you like.

25tikka
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Try contacting the air services as they may have others looking to split charters. We have several customers hoping to pair up.

GoatGuy
06-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Fly out of Tattoga, it's only 50 miles, $700-800.

Either that or hike in off the grade and get picked up at Coldfish and flown back out or just hike in off the rail grade.

Or split a flight with another group.

Lastly, quit being so cheap! :mrgreen:

cas-has-cars
09-05-2010, 02:51 PM
So what did you decide, are you flying both ways? And with who. I'm flying with dale form tatogga on Sept 28 to coldfish for my caribou so leave a nice meaty one for me. First time for me in the area and looks like were going to see some great landscapes and hopfully lots of animals. I'm planning to hike up to the plataeu and make camp till we find what we are looking for than spend the rest of our week at the cabins. How about you?
Brian kelowna

ryanb
09-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Flying in next week with another member of HBC. If you're going in October, I would look for a skinny old monarch...the less meat the better...

Mik
09-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Gents, good luck and chase a few down to the railgrade for us :-D

srupp
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Good luck, be safe, and straight shooting....looking forward to stories success and photos..

cheers

Steven

Bluedsteel
09-07-2010, 10:03 PM
ootsa air out of burns lake I think, keith connors owns it and he also put in a dock in dease lk with rick mclean

Be verry careful dealing with Connors!