PDA

View Full Version : Moose hunting with a kayak?

BIGHUNTERFISH
06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I just saw the thread about the guys fishing marlin from the kayak.What do you guys think about hunting moose with a kayak.I t would be a very stealth and quiet way to cover lake edges shallows weed areas etc.You could go solo then get your friends with the power boat for recovery,also it would be great to catch some trout in the down times.The investment would be small,so any of you guys use a kayak or canoe for hunting?

Rock Doctor
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
We have 3 kayaks, and yes they do work well. I would recommend NOT shooting from them though, the water is usually pretty cold in the Fall, lol.

They are light and easy to load in a real boat, makes it easy to get them to the area you want to hunt.
Make sure your gun is tied off, either to you or the boat. Don't ask me how I know that:confused:.

RD

BCrams
06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I'd go with a canoe over a kayak.

bigwhiteys
06-15-2010, 09:29 PM
http://www.mokai.com/

Ltbullken
06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Friggin' brilliant idea! Just drape the carcass over the bow of the kayak and bobs your uncle, away you go... down that is! Sounds like something a couple of drunk newfies might do but it would make for legendary tales around the fire to keep the chuckles going all night! Good luck with that btw! :roll:

Caveman
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
We have 3 kayaks, and yes they do work well. I would recommend NOT shooting from them though, the water is usually pretty cold in the Fall, lol.

They are light and easy to load in a real boat, makes it easy to get them to the area you want to hunt.
Make sure your gun is tied off, either to you or the boat. Don't ask me how I know that:confused:.

RD

You Got Video??? :mrgreen:

Pioneerman
06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
I have a pontoon boat I bought last year from a member here and I plan to take it with me to skirt around some of those smaller lakes and swamps, it will be nice and quiet. I will have another inflatable that i would use to transport the game back with, even if only a 1/4 or 1/2 at a time

.330 Dakota
06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Friggin' brilliant idea! Just drape the carcass over the bow of the kayak and bobs your uncle, away you go... down that is! Sounds like something a couple of drunk newfies might do but it would make for legendary tales around the fire to keep the chuckles going all night! Good luck with that btw! :roll:

Come on now, the newphies dont have to be drunk

Rock Doctor
06-15-2010, 10:06 PM
You Got Video??? :mrgreen:

No, and I don't have a Browning 300WM Composite Stalker with a 3.5-10 Leupold anymore either.:wink:

RD