PDA

View Full Version : snow geese on the foreshore

stugatz
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I wonder how many of other hunters beside me hunt for snowies on brunswick point and westham. I remember as a kid my dad and I hunted for ducks and geese at brunswick. In those days there was a cannery before the gate. Was and still is, awesome on windy days.:-D

pnbrock
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
I ll be there this fall now that i have a hunting dog gonna have to learn bird hunting.

stugatz
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I ll be there this fall now that i have a hunting dog gonna have to learn bird hunting.
Ill be there too maybe we can get together for a hunt. Last year was a good year i got 17 snowies the most ever for me.

sparkes3
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
i was there too

stugatz
06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I think its only going to get better, it seems that the geese no# are increasing year after year. The only drawback to that place is the dyke walkers, some of them make you feel like you just stole from the salvation army. But i can honestly say most of them dont bother.

sparkes3
06-15-2010, 07:57 PM
thats why i got a boat

4ptbuck
06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
limit is 10 a day
i managed a few limits.... :)

pnbrock
06-15-2010, 10:04 PM
stugatz im up for it but i think ill opt for a boat,never had much luck from foreshore.

stugatz
06-15-2010, 11:31 PM
stugatz im up for it but i think ill opt for a boat,never had much luck from foreshore.
I hear ya bro, dont blame you. The geese i got last year i really had TO BUST MY B#*LS to get and that was over a span of at least 7 or 8 morning trips. Not to mention you have to fight for a spot with a bunch of guys that either dont follow proper sportsmanship or dont understand when you ask them politely to move at least 50yrds away from you spot, but nod and smile and just stay there. Nonetheless i get my good days over there.

trapperRick
06-16-2010, 08:53 PM
One of the guys I work with, his family has 15 acres in Langley and I now have permission to hunt birds on it, just me oh yaaaa

slyfox
06-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Fun place lots of birds.

stugatz
06-17-2010, 07:12 AM
One of the guys I work with, his family has 15 acres in Langley and I now have permission to hunt birds on it, just me oh yaaaa
OH SURE! anyone can hunt on farmland. I belong to a hunting club and when I hunt in a farm, limits are easy! But its when you hunt on public land that separates the hardcore from the rest. LOL!

levind
06-17-2010, 03:29 PM
make sure you check the by-laws for langley i believe its a no go for shooting even on a farm with permission. each city have different rules.

stugatz
06-17-2010, 03:39 PM
make sure you check the by-laws for langley i believe its a no go for shooting even on a farm with permission. each city have different rules.
I believe in Langley like in Surrey its a no discharge of firearm, thats at the municipal level. But i believe on a federal level the farmer has the right to protect his crops by any legal means, and if that means shooting over his fields than the federal law overrides the provincial...stu.:-|

MichelD
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
I like Brunswick, but dropping one in that tall marsh grass makes it a nightmare to recover without a dog.

And the number of ignoramuses shooting at swans in that particular place is upsetting too. It's not hard to tell the difference.

I'd love to hunt more off Westham but don't have a boat.

stugatz
06-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I like Brunswick, but dropping one in that tall marsh grass makes it a nightmare to recover without a dog.

And the number of ignoramuses shooting at swans in that particular place is upsetting too. It's not hard to tell the difference.

I'd love to hunt more off Westham but don't have a boat.
Yes you are right, but in the last few years i havent seen anyone take shots at them, but I tell you if i see anyone take one down ill be the first to phone a c.o. we dont need idiots like that owning a hunting licence.....stu