PDA

View Full Version : Using a #6 Verifier

Bow Walker
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Well I installed and used a verifier on the target bow for the Nanaimo 3D event this past weekend. I wear glasses and have been trying to find something that makes looking at a "close" pin and a "far" target easy and do-able at the same time.

In short, I have to say that for eye glass wearers, this verifier is the cat's ass. It's better than a clarifier for sure.

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sHa_thumb2.gif Thanks to my bro for lending me his (which he doesn't use) so that I could try it while I'm waiting for mine from the supplier's.

I've found that when I was using a regular multiple pin sight both the pins and the target were slightly out of focus - if not down right blurry. Then I switched to a 4X lens in a scope. That cleared up the target so that it was crystal clear, except the pin(s) were so fuzzy as to be nearly useless.:(

So I tried a clarifier (in the peep) with the 4X lens in the scope. Basically put myself back to where both the pin(s) and the target were fuzzy again.:???:. Then I had the bright idea to put the lens behind the pin so that it wasn't magnified. Helped for a while, but not on a regular basis.

When I tried either the clarifier or the lens on their own, I had something so fuzzy that my accuracy suffered horribly. Bad enough that I suck at yardage estimation without throwing blurriness into the mix.:(

So with just the verifier in the peep I get a nice clear, clean pin but a fuzzier target. I'm using a Trophy Ridge single pin adjustable sight (older one) and I changed out the fiber thread to a bright blue one - which i see very well in all lighting conditions. Now I want to try the verifier with at least a 4X lens to see if I can accomplish my goal of clear pin(s) and clean targets.

Moral of the story - don't get old or wear your eye out looking at pretty girls.:wink:

I'll work on getting a lens of some sort attached to my sight so that I can see if I might be able to do the near-impossible, which is to restore my eye sight back to when I was young(er).

Ruger4
06-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Definately a process of elimination but sounds to me your well on your way now !! :mrgreen:

oldtimer
06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Dan I tried various things as well and the only one that works for me using a sure lock sight with a 4x out about 1/2 way. I tried the verifier/clarifier and as you said back to fuzzy. when you find the right combo let me know. Mike