PDA

View Full Version : Missing grizz

lone wolf
06-15-2010, 02:01 AM
I had a draw for 5-15a and did not cut a tag . I was surprised to get this draw and have only hunted bear once before . I started making a game plan on how i would hunt this . Not knowing much about them or seeing them in that area much, I posted in the grizz help . Well I tell you if I wouldn,t have joined this site I don,t know how things would have gone . SRUPP and quickly whipped me into shape about grizz and pointed me a direction . I had 5 consecutive days to hunt in may . Wish i had more time . We saw 4 grizz on that trip . They say don,t shoot the first one you see but I tell you . This big blonde was coming down the side of a mountain fast .And to me looked like a monster . Very blocky body and head . Knew I had to get under him as where he was coming down would have been in our scent . Once he hit the thick stuff was never to be seen again . The next grizz we saw I watched from a close range . Something told me to pass . It had a long slender face . Belly was high off the ground I thought it may be a sow or young boar . just wasn,t what i wanted laying on my floor . Although many say I passed up a gift horse . You don,t have to shoot what you see . The next grizz we saw was on a slide and tried to make a play on it . Ya , spot and stalk . talk the talk but now it was time to walk the walk . We climbed staying in cover only peeking out once in a while to make sure it was still there . It was there until we were in position .We waited and waited but i think he knew we were coming and played us . lol This grizz draw for me was a great learnig adventure . I hope to get a grizz draw again cause this was damn fun . Thanx to this site and all the great members

Mr. Dean
06-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Hunting is about forming experiences. From your story, I'd say you had a great experience and am GLAD that you enjoyed your hunt. Congrats; what you just shared, many will never get the chance.

06-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Sounds like a great hunt...I hope you get to experience it again.

srupp
06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
As Garfield the cat often says.."its not the having..its the getting ":mrgreen:

Sounds like a great adventure, safe and exciting..with bears seen..

Someguys on this site indeed have spent years seeking grizzly LEH authorization..consider your self fortunate in the fickle system we live with.

I am glad to have been of some assistance..and get just a big a thrill when reports like these come in as when BOONERS get dumped...been in on between 7-10 BOONERS from other guys harvesting G bears in the last couple few years with a little imput from Rupp..and I truly enjoy listening to the stories and seeing some photos.

WELL DONE..even a few guidedd grizzly hunters went home w/o a animal or some without even seeing one.

Glad to be of some assistance..hmmm 4 grizzlies in only 5 days...sounds action packed for sure...
Steven:)