PDA

View Full Version : Leh Coastal Grizzly Hunters..

srupp
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
For those that got the coastal grizzly draws and need any "suggestions" or I can be any help in any way, please contact me.

I will have a very busy time in the future so the only thing I ask is please dont wait till the last moment....:wink:

and congradulations to everyone..
Steven Rupp

gathto
06-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the offer. I lucked out with a gbear in 5-08C just outside Bella Coola, not my first choice but happy just the same. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Lt
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I assume with an offer like that, you spend a lot of time on the coast. Are you a guide? I got a draw for 5-08 zone A. Is it possible to rent a boat out of bella coola? If you have spent some time in that area i have to ask if it's worth while making the trip? i have limited time and so many places i'd like to hunt. I've never drawn there and i'd hate to waste a week of hunting if it's a difficult area to hunt. Any input or information would be greatly appreciated.

Lt

srupp
06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Gathto....hmmmm 2 Booners shot in that area in past 3 years...should average almost 8 feet...as with all coastal fall bear hunts..it is a balancing act..find the salmon..find the bears..but do it while they are activley feeding..and as late as possible...so hides get "better" warm fall = poor hides..

TIP....coastal bears MAY(will ) dissapear for a time and may return to the rivers creeks..sometimes not they ABSOLUTLEY NEED the root of the hedisarium plant )NORTH FACING SLOPES) this is eaten to kill any parasites /bugs/WORMS/ they picked up with their salmon eating...not to do this is FATAL..

So dont forget to check those slopes.

LT. You sir have not done your homework?I do spend a lot of time on the coast, I was a guide, and have spent many many many days in Kwatna Bay...over 25 or so years...

Yes there are boats to be rented.

LT Google SRUPP KWATNA...

You sir have gotten THE PREMIER GRIZZLY TAG IN ALL OF BC. PERIOD,It is to grizzly hunters what Kamloops lake or Phillips Creek tags are to Sheep hunters.....

There will be over 30 seperat grizzlies in that "small valley" during the salmon run...some of THE BIGGEST BEARS in all of BC, and surely one of the most populated numbers .WASTE A WEEK???OM goodness !!!????

It is not difficult to hunt IF you know what to do and where to look and how and when an...well...

Send me a PM with your ph # and I will give you a call..my dime...

I just can not fathom another location asexellent as this...WHEN THE SALMON ARE IN THE RIVER FOR FALL HUNTING....maybe Mc NEIL falls Alaska??

congradulations on an exceptional draw..and just for comparison..I have helped 6 folks get BOONER bears from that one location in only the last 5 years......just something to consider.

I got a grizzly draw up north...we'll trade??lol

steven

adamgarbett
12-13-2010, 08:29 PM
srupp....

how about 5-08A for spring grizz, or is there a better choice??
Thanx

adam