PDA

View Full Version : Last day of Bear season......

kishman
06-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Well it went fast. Tomorrow's the last day of spring Bear here in Reg.2, and most of Reg.3 as well. Anyone going out for one last kick at the can? I was thinking of going up the Coq. to have a look around Larson Hill, or maybe as far as the Gwen Lake area. If your heading out, good luck!

Surrey Boy
06-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Got my bear May 16th. Decided to hang around town after that and shore up points for more time off in the fall. Hope a few guys can get one in on the last day.

TyTy
06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I had about a 350lb, 6.5' bear @ 40yrds, on the road, no rubs, nice boar. watched him for 45 min. Couldn't take the shot, realized when it came to it, i wasn't prepared for a bear this spring. guess i'm just bragging a bit here, but i'll be ready this fall.

hunting bears has been the funniest hunt ever! come to the island, there is no dissapointment!

yukon john
06-14-2010, 06:50 PM
guided for a pile of them this year and passed up some for myself, heading up to boston bar tomorrow, scout for deer season and maybe find a bear good luck to all!

igojuone
06-14-2010, 07:11 PM
If tomorrow is last day in region 8 I saw a good size black bear up White Elephant FSR at km 57 yesterday in the middle of the road.

Mr. Dean
06-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Go git him!
And good luck.

DWEL
06-15-2010, 08:51 AM
I wish. Sitting at work instead.
Good luck to all lucky enuf to be going out.

bearhunter338-06
06-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I still have to the end of the month here in my back yard....lol

Surrey Boy
06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I still have to the end of the month here in my back yard....lol

To whom much is given, much will be expected.

Barracuda
06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
we spent the day up by logan lake with the hounds . the weather was a bit sour and wet at times , saw no tracks saw no scat and the dogs didnt stike on anything.

Awfull long way to go for the dogs to shit in the woods LOL!!.

Sunk the tracker in a gooey sinkhole a little runnoff had created.
It was a waterbed to walk on and then you would just break through up past your knees and it had the consistancy of warm peanut butter.

after a considerable amount of time getting out we left markers so no one else would try to drive through it.

hunted our way back to the main road.

Later we were gonna take one of the roads off the coq but thought against it.

poor dogs didnt get a race and im still trying to Warm up :lol:

yukon john
06-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Shot a smaller bear today, passed up a pile all season and guided for 5. I'm training a wounded game tracking dog, she had 4 tracks this year and did awesome so I wanted 1 more track this spring and that was my deciding factor in taking the smaller bear. Funny enough I was quite a ways back so I took my dog and pack back to the truck and when I went back to the bear there was a 6.5 ft+ cinnamon about 50 yards off the trail..... oh well

Camp Cook
06-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Went out for the last couple days after a very big cinnamon I had seen a week ago with no luck saw a few smaller bears but no shooters so I didn't shoot... :D

Gateholio
06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I had about a 350lb, 6.5' bear @ 40yrds, on the road, no rubs, nice boar. watched him for 45 min. Couldn't take the shot, realized when it came to it, i wasn't prepared for a bear this spring. guess i'm just bragging a bit here, but i'll be ready this fall.

hunting bears has been the funniest hunt ever! come to the island, there is no dissapointment!

Not prepared? No knife, or you had no freezer space?:-D