PDA

View Full Version : okanagan elk/deer hunters

dirtguy
06-11-2010, 05:05 PM
why are you people so silly as to tell others where you hunt .....Dough you are ruining it for all of us you putzzzzz....why not shut the ....up..

BOMBER77
06-11-2010, 05:26 PM
good joke...welcome to the site.

dirtguy
06-11-2010, 05:27 PM
no joke here

killman
06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Why aren't we a ray of sunshine. Welcome to the wonderful and friendly HBC.

hunter1993ap
06-11-2010, 05:37 PM
i agree keep quiet.........

Buckmeister
06-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I hunt in the woods, in clearcuts, and farmers fields where I have permission. Don't see how saying that ruins anything??? And I usually don't get more specific than that either. If I do, it's because someone asks me personally and then I deem wether they are worthy of knowing about my spots.

Welcome to HBC.

KB90
06-11-2010, 05:41 PM
cleary this is a banned doofus trying to be funny.

scallywag
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
There is no elk in the okanagan dumbass

darrin6109
06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
are you not doing the same thing as the others...... by making a post like that? by bringing it up?

peashooter
06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
does someone need a hug?

ruger#1
06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
why are you people so silly as to tell others where you hunt .....Dough you are ruining it for all of us you putzzzzz....why not shut the ....up..Must think he owns all of the okanogan. Really get a life! Mom and Dad must not be home.

BCTRUCKER
06-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Go back to bed, get up and have a cup of coffee. Start the day over Comments like that , not too smart. People ask for suggestions on where to hunt.. If your area is given away, to bad,to sad. That's what the forum is all about.

MIKE

06-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Any body have any Dirt on Dirtguy?

He won't be here long, with a B/A like that, nice work DIRT _ _ _ !

See YA!

CT

peashooter
06-11-2010, 06:43 PM
at least he never posted bogus leh updates.

wetcoastwillie
06-11-2010, 06:52 PM
does someone need a hug?

I was thinking someone needs a lobotomy.

Big Lew
06-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I have three brothers. When we were young,(and there was a lot more fish and game) we kept our findings top secret and to ourselves. Most of the areas we hunted and fished were known to many others, but we were selfish, and didn't want to share or to help others just starting out. Quite often, someone, usually an older, experienced recreationalist, would give us some hints on where and how to find game and fish. Since those days, we have sharpened our skills, learned how and where to look, and how to be successful....but most importantly, we have matured, and have learned the value and gratification of sharing and helping others, especially those just starting out like we were over forty-five years ago. Over the last few years, I have helped many by pointing them in the right direction and suggesting how best to approach their situation, including on this site. Yes, once in awhile, someone I have helped has buggered up an area, but most have been very appreciative, and that is a very good feeling. Also of note, by my revealing hunting and fishing spots that I have done well in, I still manage to do well for myself every year anyway. For those of you that have sharpened your skills, how many times have you gone into an area, or onto a body of fishing water after another person has tried and left, and you have been successful? I know I have many times. Give newbes a break, maybe they will help others as someone helped them.

thetackdriver
06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
why are you people so silly as to tell others where you hunt .....Dough you are ruining it for all of us you putzzzzz....why not shut the ....up..

Do i hear crying?????

Fisher-Dude
06-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Just make sure that ba$tard Looky isn't following you to your spots! He'll blab to everyone!

300H&H
06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Dirtyguy...You have just 2 posts.

Once you have alot more maybe then you can comment.

On this site we do try to help each other.

Why don't you help us all and keep your opinion to your self. Atleast for now.

358mag
06-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Dirtguy
Being a new dude of HBC one thing you have to know is that
Fisher Dude is just a want to-be BCWF spokeswomen and there is no Elk or deer left in the Okanagan valley as the Guide outfitter has shoot them all
Good luck put some boot tracks on the mountains and maybe you will find a few <maybe> and remeber theres always a GOS for Whitetail does if you want to clip a tag in region 8

Jelvis
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
358mag lol hey how yah dooin lol ...spokeswoman lol ..

358mag
06-11-2010, 08:16 PM
358mag lol hey how yah dooin lol ...spokeswoman lol ..
Living the dream pal how about U ???

Darksith
06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
some body call the paramedics, peeps are about to rip dirtguy a new asshole. On another note, is it possible for 1 2 have 2?

greybark
06-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I have three brothers. When we were young,(and there was a lot more fish and game) we kept our findings top secret and to ourselves. Most of the areas we hunted and fished were known to many others, but we were selfish, and didn't want to share or to help others just starting out. Quite often, someone, usually an older, experienced recreationalist, would give us some hints on where and how to find game and fish. Since those days, we have sharpened our skills, learned how and where to look, and how to be successful....but most importantly, we have matured, and have learned the value and gratification of sharing and helping others, especially those just starting out like we were over forty-five years ago. Over the last few years, I have helped many by pointing them in the right direction and suggesting how best to approach their situation, including on this site. Yes, once in awhile, someone I have helped has buggered up an area, but most have been very appreciative, and that is a very good feeling. Also of note, by my revealing hunting and fishing spots that I have done well in, I still manage to do well for myself every year anyway. For those of you that have sharpened your skills, how many times have you gone into an area, or onto a body of fishing water after another person has tried and left, and you have been successful? I know I have many times. Give newbes a break, maybe they will help others as someone helped them.

:-D Hey Big Lew , great post . Most would be surprized at the number of Hunters (all ages) that do the same ..

JK_RUBICON
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I'll be honest. I`ve been hunting for only 3 seasons. And Im not from Canada originally. Im a Newbie. BUT, Im extremely passionate about hunting, and truly appreciate what BC has given me, INCLUDING all kind folks on this website who have been helpful with their posts. I learned ALOT from this forum.
Id like to Thank all kind folks here for their help and advice on how/where/when/what to hunt.

dutchie
06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Ban the fool.

This is a place were hunters help out other hunters... attitudes like yours are a disgrace!

Dutchie

JDR
06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, the okanagan is a pretty big place...big enough for all of us.

icecap
06-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Thank you to Big Lew and others who have helped a fellow hunter and or fisherman. I am a newbie to hunting, however, I have helped a fellow fisherman in the past and will be more than happy to help another in the future. There are plenty of games and fish for everybody to enjoy. This website is about helping one another enjoy the sport WE all love. There's no need to be self-fish. There's no place for self-fish people to be on this forum.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-12-2010, 05:15 AM
If you're only focused on the Okanagan hunting reports you're missing a whole pile of other good hunting areas being reported around the province here on HBC...........either that or you're are from another region:wink:.

SSS

Caveman
06-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Guys, he's just reaching out for some help!! Why not give him an area or two that he should try. He is a misguided soul!

#1fishslayer
06-12-2010, 07:29 AM
This thread must be directed at Jelvis lol !!!!

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Hunters let's explore the hunting space all around B.C. and not focus on one or two dynamite spots.
Jel .. More hunting spots .. Okanagan rocks but hunters your going to want huntings options.

ruger#1
06-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Ya, Thanks Jelvis, Now were all going to go to the okanogan because you couldn't keep your trap shut. You and FD are evil. We might have to have an exorcism on this site to make things better.

dirtguy
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
hey thanx for the warm welcome:mrgreen: this post was started by a buddy of mine who heard that someone was broadcasting one of his favorite(lightly hunted) elk spots,i am all over giving a guy a helping hand or a push in the right direction but come on is nothing sacred anymore?I am willing to bet most of the guys who responded to this topic wouldn't dream of giving up there honey holes.The ones that do are simply morons.

For the record i am not a troll or someone who has been banned before,i think i have a valid point...

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Don't forget when you throw mud at others, your losing ground .. lol ...
... there are so many honey holes out there Huckle Berry Hound would go nuts ..
Honey holes for whitetails, blacktails, mule deer, moose, black bear, grizzly, caribou, elk, rocky mountain and rosies, sheep, thinhorn and big horns, cougar, goat, bison, wolf, coyote, sitka, duck, goose, pheasant, dove, rabbit, gopher, antelope, shiras, and many more..so it would be a challenge ..
jel .. don't tell don't ask .. lol .. be pretty boring eh? lol

goatdancer
06-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Seeing as how crown land is open to all, what makes anyone think that their 'special spot' won't be found and used by others? Just because someone else finds 'the honey hole' doesn't mean it will be ruined. It still takes skill and luck to bag an animal.

dirtguy
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
there is a big differance between finding a honey hole and broadcasting a honey hol on the web for everyone to see don't you think :?

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Which honey hole you talking about dirt guy? We have no idea. Is it in Region 8
j/P Morgan Guttenberg Black and Goldstien

Ozone
06-12-2010, 04:56 PM
One guys honey hole is another guys regular spot.

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Don't forget a honey hole and a real crappy place could be close togedder sometimes so pay close attention and watch for any animal movement ..
One hunters honey hole could have been hunted before he or she found it and claimed the spot as their conquest assuming they were first to penetrate that particular canyon or piece of forest.
Jel .. One mans junk is another's tressure .. Go figure .. One down two to go

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
okanagan elk and deer hunters? wth is goin on wit dis tread?
Region 8: Okanagan
access everywhere for hunters by roads in reg 8
even sub alpine terrain.
Along the western edge of reg 8 around Princeton, B.C. has open timbered ridges on hills with mule deer, elk and moose, plus occasional whitetail.
Pleasant hiking and hunting conditions from Osoyoos to Armstrong with open highland parklands will blow your hunting brain into full throttle.
The Boundary district has deer like no tomorrow increasing in deer numbers steadily and offers deer hunters a first choice, first class deer hunting arena.
Both deer in this area as well with mule deer rut in November two to three weeks ahead of the whitetail rut.
The Ashnola Range in MU 8-3 has sheep and deer. Open timberlands and grassy hillsides where they roam with trophy heads.
Mu 8-11 reached from Hwy 97 through Westbank or from Kelowna-Peachland back road into real good hunting country.
One more big hunting area story is the Pass creek area in reg 8, MU 8-15.
.....north of Grand Forks some sheep but get this tid-bit hunters of deer.
this is an excellent deer hunting area, ask the hunters who go there year after year.
jel .. Region 8 Okanagan get out and get here this year why hesitate try it out for a look see

ufishifish2
06-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey Dirtbag,
I think your original post that your friend started under your name, and without you knowing, was fairly distasteful, and not really something positive for this great site. Maybe you should put password protection on your PC. Next thing you know, he/she will be using your bank account.......

In the last year and a half, I have had many guys share their hard earned knowledge with me and recieve nothing in return. On the flip-side, I have shared info on great areas I regularly hunt, and can only hope that the people I try and help enjoy these areas as much as I.

Maybe one day "your friend" will learn that life goes better when you are a team player, not a selfish asshole!

BCTRUCKER
06-12-2010, 06:57 PM
We all should show up at Dirtguy's house. And follow him to his honey hole. I'll supply the 5th wheel and truck, and some beer. But then again I have a few spots that I haven't hunted for a few years. 8-12, 8-14, 8-15. OPPS I gave some fine areas up. I've met a quite a few hunters in various regions, that were more than happy to tell you , where the good areas are. Even some guides that I met. I'am glad I don't hunt with an asshole like Dirtguy
and his partner.

dougal
06-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I am more than willing to give anyone directions to where I hunt and as to honey holes or magic places where the critters are its nothing more than thats where you are at the moment. and aren't elk a herd animal with a set feeding area. unless you live near where they are than just ask the guys at the pro shop they are more than happy to to let you in on the latest gossip from others.oh oh the elk are in 8-1 at noon tomorrow

ruger#1
06-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes they are in 8-1 , I have seen them but where are they in that area.

Big Lew
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
The only time I will keep quiet about a specific area is if someone has asked me to, otherwise, if someone asks, and they seem genuine, I have no problem helping them. As an example, last year I visited an area that I hadn't been to since extensive logging changed the environment. Before the logging, it was high mountian hunting at it's best, and you had to be in good shape and prepared to hike a long ways and uphill. Now logging roads take you into the entire area so that most hunters can hike/hunt the area. My wife and I were there only two days bow hunting, saw four large bucks (successfully arrowed one), many blue grouse (took only a few), and three black bear, one, a huge one, walked right up the road almost to our truck while we were having lunch. Some would think, wow, I've found a honey hole! But look around, observe the shotgun shells, see the cross poles hanging in the trees, and notice the vehicle tire tracks....son-of-a-gun, many others know of this place as well! Experienced hunters often can go into an area and see game where less knowledgeable ones don't. I have no problem in telling everyone on this site that that area was near Fauquier, and was at 6000 feet or higher. What you are able to do with this information is up to you and your skills, enjoy.

GoatGuy
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Ah yes all the secret spots in Region 8 for elk and md.

Another 6 pt shooter with secret spots for big bulls in Region 8?

:-D Big smiles.

ruger#1
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
You forgot whitetails, turkeys pheasants yotes grouse quail. moose

bsa30-06
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey Dirtbag,
I think your original post that your friend started under your name, and without you knowing, was fairly distasteful, and not really something positive for this great site. Maybe you should put password protection on your PC. Next thing you know, he/she will be using your bank account.......

In the last year and a half, I have had many guys share their hard earned knowledge with me and recieve nothing in return. On the flip-side, I have shared info on great areas I regularly hunt, and can only hope that the people I try and help enjoy these areas as much as I.

Maybe one day "your friend" will learn that life goes better when you are a team player, not a selfish asshole!

Thats what i wanted to say but couldnt find a polite way to say it.

GoatGuy
06-12-2010, 08:00 PM
You forgot whitetails, turkeys pheasants yotes grouse quail. moose

Yes, but there are infact 'secret' spots for turkeys in Region 8. It's called hunting anywhere outside of Christina Lake - don't tell anybody. There's also a 'secret' time, anytime after the first week of hunting.

Hahahaha.

I'll never give up my secret blue grouse hunting spots other than to my closest 15 hunting buddies. :mrgreen: One year there were guys driving on all the roads near my sacred blue spots, I couldn't believe it, then it was pointed out to me that it was infact any buck season for Mule Deer and that these people probably weren't all hunting MY GROUSE.

Phew, that was a close one.

GoatGuy
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
And dirtguy, while we're on the subject of elk I ran into a guy tonight who's new to town. Told him the secret spots to hunt elk in Region 8 and where they head after the hunting starts. Expect to see him this fall.

ruger#1
06-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Well I just told 6 people and they are very happy. They asked if it was okay to bring a few freinds and I said sure. Looks like good times in region 8

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Region 8 is there a nicer hunting region for deers, moose and some bear with sooo much more ... sheep birds and a cool place to reside for sure ...
...MU 8-1
U.S. border to OK Falls
... access roads from Hwys 3 and 97: from Oliver, ... via Fairview road (west) and Camp McKinney Road (east). Some access into southern part of 8-1 from Hwy 3 above Osoyoos: first at 13km from Osoyoos, others 3 and 5 km beyond that. Camp McKinnely-Sidley Meadows-Mt Baldy(ski access) roads connect with Weyerhauser forest access roads which run east from Okanagan Falls and Vaseaux Lake.
Fair to good deer, grouse, bear hunting. California bighorn hunting in hills east of Vaseaux Lake .. Check reg's and LEH.
jelly .. OK Falls to U.S.A. International border crossing .. 8-1 have lots of hunting fun .. big gunz

BCrams
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
dirtguy - I am out of region hunter and I spent a little time down in Region 8 about a month or so ago and let me tell you......I left that country absolutly drooling with the prospects of elk and muley hunting!!!! I found several secret honey holes too!! Maybe yours.

mark
06-12-2010, 09:16 PM
dirtguy - I am out of region hunter and I spent a little time down in Region 8 about a month or so ago and let me tell you......I left that country absolutly drooling with the prospects of elk and muley hunting!!!! I found several secret honey holes too!! Maybe yours.

Its all been shot out Rams, not much left, the hay day is over....dont waste yer gas!

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 09:28 PM
MU 8-2 who doesn't get really excited when they here someone say Keremeos?
Reached by Oliver-Cawston back road, Twin Lake road from Hwy 3A and a road 2km west of ....Yellow Lake ....( Green Lake road ) which leaves Hwy 3A almost opposite the Apex-Alpine ski road. The latter runs north of 3, through the corner of 8-2, joining the Penticton-Apex road in MU 8-7. Good mule deer on high ground away from main roads and good blue grouse when weather conditions favor a good hatch. re. Dryer Springs and warmer temperatures.
Jel .. your up to scratch on the hatch .. MU 8-2 .. Keremeos .. a winner in all ways .. beauty spot

BCrams
06-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Its all been shot out Rams, not much left, the hay day is over....dont waste yer gas!

I'll come through and see if there's anything left ....:-D

Jelvis
06-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Want a challenge for a big bull elk?
MU 8-9
Penticton East
Good mule deer and whitetail deer hunting on the slopes and plateaus of this highland MU. From Okanagan Falls, roads run east to connect with the 201 Main. The road splits into directions into the Boundary country. Also reached form the Penticton-Naramata road. Hike-in hunters can go after elk behind Naramata on the rough terrain of Okanagan Mountain...
The Chute Lake road up from Naramata provides access to this elk range.
Jel .. Hunters love going there over and over for challenges of bucks and bulls.

SHAKER
06-12-2010, 11:13 PM
MU 8-2 who doesn't get really excited when they here someone say Keremeos?
Reached by Oliver-Cawston back road, Twin Lake road from Hwy 3A and a road 2km west of ....Yellow Lake ....( Green Lake road ) which leaves Hwy 3A almost opposite the Apex-Alpine ski road. The latter runs north of 3, through the corner of 8-2, joining the Penticton-Apex road in MU 8-7. Good mule deer on high ground away from main roads and good blue grouse when weather conditions favor a good hatch. re. Dryer Springs and warmer temperatures.
Jel .. your up to scratch on the hatch .. MU 8-2 .. Keremeos .. a winner in all ways .. beauty spot

LOL your reports just keep getting better! You forgot to metion Turkeys though.

dirtguy
06-13-2010, 10:25 AM
if one of you web hunters with a million posts would of started this same thread it would of been deemed as gospel,but seeing as how i only have a couple of post"s i'm automatically not smrt enough to have a valid point

ruger#1
06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes you made a point. Now you have had over 2000 views on this post. Region 8 is going to be very busy this fall. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.

GoatGuy
06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes you made a point. Now you have had over 2000 views on this post. Region 8 is going to be very busy this fall. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.

Makes it tough to hike too.

mark
06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
if one of you web hunters with a million posts would of started this same thread it would of been deemed as gospel,but seeing as how i only have a couple of post"s i'm automatically not smrt enough to have a valid point

What the heck is your point???? :confused:
Hunters from every corner of BC post pics and stories of their successful hunts!

What the heck is different about the okanagan???? :confused:

Its not like there is some big secret around here that is about to be discovered! :confused:

ruger#1
06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Hunters from every corner of BC post pics and stories of their successful hunts!

Its not like there is some big secret around here that is about to be discovered! :confused:Ogopogo for one, Whats wrong with you. LMAO

GoatGuy
06-13-2010, 11:04 AM

Its not like there is some big secret around here that is about to be discovered! :confused:

No doubt, in terms of white-tailed and mule deer it's the hardest hunted region in the Province.

ruger#1
06-13-2010, 11:08 AM
No doubt, in terms of white-tailed and mule deer it's the hardest hunted region in the Province.And it's been like that in the seventies also. This guy must be a lousy hunter.Or just starting out. Either way his first post isn't going to get him many fans.

bsa30-06
06-13-2010, 11:13 AM
wow with all this talk about hunting the okanagan i think i might give it a try.......anybody wanna share there elk honey hole with me.lol

GoatGuy
06-13-2010, 11:15 AM
And it's been like that in the seventies also. This guy must be a lousy hunter.Or just starting out. Either way his first post isn't going to get him many fans.

Guess is it's somebody who lucked into something with a bit of antler on it or better yet 'a 6 pt bull elk' in the last couple years and very quickly became an expert. Happens all the time.

BCTRUCKER
06-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Dirtguy Give your head a shake,smack it on your computer desk. The
more you speak, ( TYPE ) the more you sound like you taken some bad
drugs or you are a complete a hole. The comments you've made, have
offended a lot guys on this site. I don't think you have made many new
friends on this site.

mike

ford1
06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
there is a big differance between finding a honey hole and broadcasting a honey hol on the web for everyone to see don't you think :?
I agree with you.

dougal
06-13-2010, 11:34 AM
not to mention that the whole purpose for this site is the sharing of information so that we as hunters can help to have successful hunting adventures with minimal damage to our homes,local woods and future hunting opportunities. If someone tells me where the big ones are I would check it out and look at the area that he/she hunts as well as conditions of the forests surrounding. where we hunt in "8-1" the locals have nearly decimated the camping places and leave huge messes and crap everywhere. when I first started hunting there it was quiet and clean the last time I went there with my wife for her last years doe draw two of the benches were burned to nothing the whole place was dirty "not wood dirt" and the out house wasn't fit to piss on. so there is more to giving a person the location of hunting places its making sure that those places are cared for buy that person as well as yourself. Thats why the R.A.P.P program is so important theres nothing worse than seeing some wast of skin ruining our hunting chances just because they think that its there right to do as they please. ATVs have opened up a lot of areas that were only available by foot or horse and some of these people leave way more destruction than is necessary.
Just look at the poor treatment of the gravel pit in mission up Sylvester road.this is a source for good information to help and encourage hunters and out door enthusiasts not to hound,hinder or discourage others. ignorances and petty thinking leave us lonely and useless. hope to see everyone I can in the lower 8 mus with a white tail in your cross hairs

Hows that for a soap box

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 11:41 AM
MU 8-12
West Kettle, this country of open parkland intersected by deep ravines and rocky ridges can be reached from all sides partner.
Highway 33 stole my heart between Rock Creek and Kelowna right down the middle of the MU 8-12 and that means access from the hwy onto fsr's.
Push in hard at Penticton and OK Falls western portion and a road runs through it.
The Conkle Lake road cuts through it running on from Hwy 33 near Beaverdell over the highlands to come out on Hwy 3 near Bridesville.......
This is classed as excellent deer hunting for mostly mule, some whitetail bruiser bucks as well.
Because mule deer will be protected during the rut season, a shorter gos season date will be in use.
Re: Shorter gos season or a ten day closure in late autumn for the peak rut activity window to protect a sustainable winter range zone from abuse and help to protect it for a set attainable sustainable managed plan for habitat protection and sustainability is key.
J/P and the West Kettle mu 8-12 Conkle Lake fiddlers .. Rock Creeker's ..
.........OK Fallers ... Beaverdell to Bridesville ... Penticton Pete's ... Kelowna...K.O's
Over dah Highlands .. POW!

BCTRUCKER
06-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Jelvis I know that Dirtguy or Dirtbag is against this. Can you tell me about some areas around Nevertouch Lake.

mike

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 12:07 PM
MU 8-13
Monashee Summit take note: Highway 5 is joined by the Christian Valley road from Westbridge on Hwy 33, in MU 8-14, about one third of the way in from the west.
Note: There is good whitetail (and) mule deer hunting to be found by hiking back from Hwy 6 near the summit. Also several access roads off Hwy 6 leading up to alpine country and get this, Good mule deer hunting.
.. If you can't get excited about MU 8-13 @ Monashee Summit check your heart .. lol ..
Jelly Monashee Summit MU 8-13 a baker's dozen ... Hike back from Hwy 6 near the summitt
Bing Bang POW!

22savage
06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Just because an area has been post on here dosen't mean a person will succeed in harvesting an animal in it. In my experiences it takes time to learn an area and how to hunt it .Most of the time I can use the newbies in my areas to push game towards holding areas they have no clue about. Good hunters adapt to the changes in the areas they hunt and are always learning new things even in areas they have hunted for years.

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 12:22 PM
MU 8-26
North Okanagan
Some pheasant shooting in main valley. Fair to good mule deer in the hills, reached via Mabel Lake road and Trinity Valley road which turns off ten km east of Enderby. Access problems on several roads leading to major hunting areas in this management unit.
Jelly North Okanagan MU 8-26

muledeercrazy
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
my experience is that most guys honey holes are allready well known and well hunted. It is often almost comical because so many differrent guys will have the same secret spot. Most of the time the only thing that really makes a difference is putting the time into an area and knowing the particulars.

mark
06-13-2010, 12:57 PM
my experience is that most guys honey holes are allready well known and well hunted. It is often almost comical because so many differrent guys will have the same secret spot. Most of the time the only thing that really makes a difference is putting the time into an area and knowing the particulars.

You sir got that right!
The "glory chasers", that run around the province because someone shot a nice critter and put it on the net, will have little affect on an area!
So basically, Rams should just stay in PG, save the gas, and hunt his backyard! :wink:

ruger#1
06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
You sir got that right!
The "glory chasers", that run around the province because someone shot a nice critter and put it on the net, will have little affect on an area!
So basically, Rams should just stay in PG, save the gas, and hunt his backyard! :wink:Mark, you are a wizeman. That must be why your parents named you Mark.

ruger#1
06-13-2010, 01:09 PM
But just what if this guy is trying to keep us all hunting in region 8. Then he will be the only one hunting in all the other regions, I don't know about you guys, But this guy might be intelligent.Well there is a slight chance.

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 01:58 PM
MU 8-15
Granby River - Christina Lake
...................................... A road north from Grand forks follows the Granby River
Access roads run back from this road into fair mule deer and whitetail hunting for most of the length of the main road, which goes all the way over to Edgewood on Arrow Lake. Fair mule deer hunting up Pass Creek 21 km north of Grand Forks. There is a small herd of California bighorn sheep in the Pass Creek area, check regulations.
Christina Lake has good deer hunting in the hills around Christina Lake.
Access to good mule deer hunting from Hwy 3, also for muleys along the old Santa Rosa Summitt road out of Christina Lake village.
A good elk herd is found between Christina Lake and Paulson Bridge. check leh and gos regs.
Jelly MU 8-15 Granby River- Christina Lake ... good deer hunting in the hills around Christina Lake .. click click BOOM!
East side of lake has some good bucks too, best access where Hwy 3 drops down beside Paulson Creek no road access but animals everywhere.

Muledeerjohn
06-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Personally the woods are for everyone to hunt. I give up spots in Region 3, and some i do not. i have not personally had the pleasure to hunt region 8 but this year i have a couple new hunting buddies and hopefully we see you in region 8 as them are the plans. good luck to you this year! oh by the way got any good spots....

pnbrock
06-13-2010, 02:48 PM
cmon guys dont piss him off im hoping to have him put me up while i hunt his honey holes.

motrhead
06-13-2010, 02:57 PM
LOL. This is a funny thread. I'm down in the Keremeos area, and there is so much pressure from Lower Mainland road hunters around here, that many of the locals head over to the Boundary country, or west toward Princeton to escape the road hunters. There's nothing like a road hunter with a 7mm Mag blasting away at a spike buck standing in the open thirty feet in front of you (and missing), completely oblivious to your presence until he's done shooting and you can yell at him. We have too much easy access here, and the mulies are more scarce than ever. You can't even hit a decent one on the highway anymore. ;-) The convoy of campers pulling quads that arrives in town at the beginning of the season is quite a sight. It's hard to believe they all find a spot out there somewhere.
Sadly, many areas that were always great hike-in spots are now quad accessible, so the locals have to hike further. There were a few "honey-holes" that I had hoped to share with my son when he is older, but that's the way it goes. Probably always has. Maybe by the time he is old enough, some of those roads will be deactivated and we'll be able to hike in to a few of the old places together.
Seems to me there's always another good area just a short hike away, so I'm sure I'll have lots more secret spots to take him when the time comes...

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 03:00 PM
MU 8-14
Boundary Creek
The Boundary Creek road turns north from Hwy 3 just east of the CPR overpass east of Greenwood. The Jewel Lake road turns right from this good logging main a short distance in. Just before Jewel Lake, another right turn runs parallel to Hwy 3 but well above the valley. This is a good whitetail road that drops back to hwy 3 at Eholt Station. Fair whitetail hunting below Eholt along the CPT tracks, or along the old Brown Creek road. Good mule and whitetail hunting along the height-of-land between Boundary Creek and main Kettle River. There are several access roads.
The Roderick-Dhu-Jewel Lake area holds real good mule deer hunting.
Christian Valley
Highway 33 runs north from Rock Creek on Hwy 33 to Westbridge, where the West Kettle is then followed upstream through Beaverdel and Carmi. Continuing north along the main Kettle River, the Christian Valley road runs 115 km to connect with Hwy 6 in the Monashee Pass. good whitetail hunting along much of this road, reached by a little hike back from the highway.
Access can be a problem getting permission from ranchers in much of these primo lands. Mule deer are found in the high country on either side of this valley. If you want to hunt the hills on the eastside of the Kettle use logging roads to penetrate by crossing Five Creek or Lost Horse Creek bridges. These roads run across and connect with roads off Boundary Creek main. There is also good access from Christian Valley up into the Lassie Lake - Trapping Creek country good for mule deer and fair whitetail hunting. The maze of roads up there drop down to Hwy 33 between Kelowna and Carmi, providing access to virtually all the area.
Note: Elk hunting, there are also Elk ... check Leh and check GOS also.
Deer and Elk
Jelly MU 8-14 ... Boundary Creek - Christian Valley ... God's Country ...

killman
06-13-2010, 04:00 PM
LOL. This is a funny thread. I'm down in the Keremeos area, and there is so much pressure from Lower Mainland road hunters around here, that many of the locals head over to the Boundary country, or west toward Princeton to escape the road hunters. There's nothing like a road hunter with a 7mm Mag blasting away at a spike buck standing in the open thirty feet in front of you (and missing), completely oblivious to your presence until he's done shooting and you can yell at him. We have too much easy access here, and the mulies are more scarce than ever. You can't even hit a decent one on the highway anymore. ;-) The convoy of campers pulling quads that arrives in town at the beginning of the season is quite a sight. It's hard to believe they all find a spot out there somewhere.
Sadly, many areas that were always great hike-in spots are now quad accessible, so the locals have to hike further. There were a few "honey-holes" that I had hoped to share with my son when he is older, but that's the way it goes. Probably always has. Maybe by the time he is old enough, some of those roads will be deactivated and we'll be able to hike in to a few of the old places together.
Seems to me there's always another good area just a short hike away, so I'm sure I'll have lots more secret spots to take him when the time comes...

Yup, just like you guys coming up here to hunt our moose!:wink:

Fisher-Dude
06-13-2010, 04:06 PM

Yup, just like you when you invade the Vedder or Bamfield and catch all the LML guys' fish.

Pathetic excuse that out-of-towners are shooting all "your" deer and accessing all "your" spots. Poor you. Maybe you should quit hunting and take up knitting with your buddy Ernie.

motrhead
06-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Yup, just like you when you invade the Vedder or Bamfield and catch all the LML guys' fish.

Pathetic excuse that out-of-towners are shooting all "your" deer and accessing all "your" spots. Poor you. Maybe you should quit hunting and take up knitting with your buddy Ernie.

Oh was that you shooting at me? Unless it was lighten up dude. I didn't say they were shooting my deer, I was just commenting on the reality that easy access and quads have changed the way people hunt. I'm personally not a fan of quads, but hey it's a free world. They're not "my" spots.
Personally I avoid the Lower Mainland like the plague.
BTW,If you knew really Ernie, you wouldn't make a mistaken statement like that.

motrhead
06-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Yup, just like you guys coming up here to hunt our moose!:wink:

You I like! What a difference a wink makes.
I spent a long time in the East Kootenays, and watched everyone come up there to get "our elk" too. It's all crown land. As long as we can all hunt responsibly and get along we'll be fine. Just don't shoot at me.:wink:

motrhead
06-13-2010, 04:49 PM

To clarify, I have taken animals in three different regions of BC (which isn't much compared to most I'm sure, but it's not like I always stay home either.) I have met uneducated hunters in every region, and I don't claim to be a mighty hunter myself. I'm a traditionalist, and I like to hike into new spots as much as I can, rather than riding around on a quad. But then in another fifteen or twenty years I will probably be quad hunting too :) As I hit middle age I have taken up bowhunting with a longbow, so I have an excuse to do even more hiking.:wink:
My post was because I was just chuckling at the idea of inviting more pressure to this area. I know enough spots off of the beaten track that I don't have any excuse to not find a buck IF I put in the time, but the road hunters could be sorely disappointed when they get here.Oh well.
Some people take the internet too seriously I think.

GoatGuy
06-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Crater Mtn, Cathedral Park, Snowy 'protected area' all come to mind, all no motorized vehicles all within spitting distance of Keremeos. Hunting the loop a person could easily spend two weeks, it's 5-7 days on horses when you're hoofing it.

Others come to mind but they're more than a 20 min drive from town.

Hope that helps.

Gunner
06-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I find that even near the heavily pressured roads in my area a 15 or 20 minute walk will put me into deer.Sign usually shows up around 300 yards from the racetrack! Gunner

motrhead
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Crater Mtn, Cathedral Park, Snowy 'protected area' all come to mind, all no motorized vehicles all within spitting distance of Keremeos. Hunting the loop a person could easily spend two weeks, it's 5-7 days on horses when you're hoofing it.

Others come to mind but they're more than a 20 min drive from town.

Hope that helps.

LOL. I've hunted some of those those areas often in the last thirty years, and still do in part of one (where I have taken a couple decent bucks), but I have a number of equally good spots myself. Thanks for the suggestion though.
When the greenies started chasing us around and making noise on opening day quite a few years ago, I decided then and there that I should find other less popular and less accessible spots. The conservation officer also made it clear that they did not like hunters in "their park" when I was heading into the Cathedrals twenty years ago (not in the core of the park either) so I just don't hunt there.
There are a couple traditional places my family has always hunted that I like to go back to once in a while, and that's where the traffic comes in. Nowadays, wherever the traffic is, I'm not...and the hike into the out-of-the-way places is an enjoyable part of the hunting.

dirtguy
06-13-2010, 05:23 PM
getting tougher to find a spot where the qauds haven"t already blasted roads into

troutseeker
06-13-2010, 05:36 PM
hey thanx for the warm welcome:mrgreen: this post was started by a buddy of mine who heard that someone was broadcasting one of his favorite(lightly hunted) elk spots,i am all over giving a guy a helping hand or a push in the right direction but come on is nothing sacred anymore?I am willing to bet most of the guys who responded to this topic wouldn't dream of giving up there honey holes.The ones that do are simply morons.

For the record i am not a troll or someone who has been banned before,i think i have a valid point...

No worries, enjoy the site. I hope your "buddy", ahem, was not worried many people would flock to that mountain that backs onto FSR201 from Okanagan park? Lot's of Elk there!

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
MU 8-21
Whiteman Creek -- Pinaus lake
Access from Westside Road along Okanagan Lake, also from near Falkland.
Network of logging roads into fair to GOOD mule and whitetail deer country.
Jelly .. Whiteman Creek -- Pinaus Lake good deer hunting

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
MU 8-3
Ashnola - Cathedral Lakes
Five km west of Keremeos, the Ashnola River road turns off Hwy 3 to cross the Similkameen on an old covered bridge, then up through open country to lightly timbered ridges. Good hunting for trophy mule deer, goat, and California bighorns .. check regs and LEH for restrictions and information.
Jelly .. MU 8-3 Ashnola - Cathedral Lakes

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Mu 8-7
Similkimeen
The Similkimeen River borders the south edge of 8-7 from a few km east of Princeton, right to Keremeos. Mountain goat are often seen from Hwy 3 between Hedley and Keremeos check LEH. Fair mule deer, occasional moose or whitetail deer, from Hedley - Apex road which goes past Nickel Plate Lake. This road can be in poor condition with washouts and mudholes. It drops down to cross the Apex ski slopes. Good to fair early season mule deer in the high country. Good blue grouse when dry springs permit good broods. The northwest ends of 8-7 can also be reached from the Princeton-Summerland backroad.
Jelly .. MU 8-7 ... Similkameen ...

BCrams
06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
You sir got that right!
So basically, Rams should just stay in PG, save the gas, and hunt his backyard! :wink:

:mrgreen: Those "glory chaser" type guys crack me up and usually are unsuccessful!

Never really had much interest hunting the Ok for deer until a month ago when I saw first hand the incredible mule deer habitat and country!! I was like "wow, I could really like hunting this type of terrain and habitat." The burns, the steep fir ridges, ample glassing areas for spot n stalk etc. Really nice stuff! I was honestly surprised.

I always did think it would be cool to hunt and take a decent buck from within every region in BC!

jessbennett
06-13-2010, 08:34 PM

wow. someone ate a bowl of sugar frosted beeyotch for breakfast!!!!:shock:

Fisher-Dude
06-13-2010, 08:38 PM
:mrgreen: Those "glory chaser" type guys crack me up and usually are unsuccessful!

Never really had much interest hunting the Ok for deer until a month ago when I saw first hand the incredible mule deer habitat and country!! I was like "wow, I could really like hunting this type of terrain and habitat." The burns, the steep fir ridges, ample glassing areas for spot n stalk etc. Really nice stuff! I was honestly surprised.

I always did think it would be cool to hunt and take a decent buck from within every region in BC!

You saw very little of it because you were stuck with that road hunter, SSS. :wink:

dana
06-13-2010, 08:47 PM
11 pages and no one mentioned the greatest honey hole of all, Clearwater. I guess everyone knows the glory days are over and are now on to the greener grass of the OK. :)

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Who doesn't love fishing with a spin caster blaster and a plug or flatty ..
MU 8-8
Summerland-Trout Lake
How bout the Darke side? lol ... Darke Lake ...= Shake and Bake ...
just after you leave MU 8-7 in the rear view mirror, the Princeton-Summerland backroad climbs like a warrior through open range land higher than a kite above Trout Lake. What a sight to see. This my furry friends is the Bald Range which is not a thing of the past this is now, the best late season mule deer hunting in the world folks. Go halfway down to the Bald Range an old logging access road runs uphill to the top ridge and well uh, fair number of muleys. Everybody and their dog up thar Billy...what does that tell you?
You want to see muley ridges that will blow the fur off your outdoor wool socks?
The Brenda Mine road whoa brah too much I'm shaking all over like a man on a fozzy tree. Brenda mine road from Peachland is what can I say Peachy.lol
The Brenda mine road runs into mule deer ridges that will make you go cross eyed. Good mule deer ridges puts meat in the fridges. MU 8-8.
Ten km from Hwy 97 the Brenda mine road continues climbing up the hill to the right and yah, and the gravelled road that turns left is the Pennask Lake road, it turns left. About 19 km along, a logging main appears drops down to the left to Glen Lake, thence up onto the flank of Kathleen Mountain.
Fair mule deer hunting occasional moose. You won't get lost several roads drop down to the Princeton-Summerland backroad from this logging road network.
Jelly .. Summerland...Trout Lake...Darke Lake ... MU 8-8 ... High above Trout ...
Brenda Mine road sunshine .. Go Bald Range late season fever ..
Jel .. I'm working my way back to you on the ... Darke side lol..Big Bahucs..

ufishifish2
06-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey, where did Dirtguy go? Haven't heard from him in a couple days now!!
Aw, just kidding, good to see that you are still sticking around after the initial beating dirtguy!

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 10:38 PM
He probably went up MU 8-4
Princeton Southeast
Reached from Copper Mountain road from Princeton, or several logging mains running south from Hwy 3 between Princeton and Hedley. Fair muley hunting.
moderate hunting pressure ...POW!
Jelly..Princeton South and east .. lol ... Awesome country Cowgirls ...

ufishifish2
06-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Jel, you have absolutely gotta be running out of things to say about Region 8. Just gotta!

bearhunter338-06
06-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Jel, you have absolutely gotta be running out of things to say about Region 8. Just gotta!

I doubt it

mark
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM

Its all just a repeat anyway, he's done the region 8 report before, several times I think!
Seems to go through the backroads mapbook and mention every road in the region!

Jelvis
06-13-2010, 11:02 PM
MU 8-5
Princeton West
Highway 5 cuts through the northeast corner of 8-5 the Otter Creek road from Princeton more or less bisects it for it's entire length. lol. A maze of roads run back from either main road and some are blocked off for hiker hunters to walk on and relief from the road hunters vroom varoom lol.
A good mule deer hunting area with good population.
Some whitetails to hunt..
and ......... a small herd of elk also ELK, check LEH, and or GOS, for clarification.
Fair hunting heavily hunted.
Jel ... Whipsaw Creek, Asp Creek, Otter Creek, Tulameen River...8-5

hawkdog
06-14-2010, 08:46 AM
i find that even though a person thinks its their private honey hole, there are always others who know about it.

Jelvis
06-14-2010, 12:17 PM
MU 8-10
Kelowna-Winfield East
................................. > Highway 33 bisects MU 8-10, the McCulloch and Pipeline roads provide access to much of this MU 8-10.
... Logging mains running off Hwy 33 run through GOOD mule and whitetail deer hunting.
... From Winfield on Hwy 97, the Beaver-Dee Lakes road hits pay dirt running like a deer through the northern part of 8-10, with fair to good hunting, coming out onto Hwy 6 at Lavington.
Jelly just in .......... Beaver-Dee Lakes road ... from Winfield
MU 8-10 Kelowna-Winfield East for a wild beast .. good mule and whites

Jelvis
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
MU 8-11
Westbank-Westside Road
.................................................. ....l ..... > Just south of Westbank a good road climbs from Hwy 97 to the ( Last Mountain ski hill ).
It connects with the Peachland-Kelowna backroad 24 km along near Lambly Lake. About 3km before the junction, a rather ruff road runs back to Jackpine Lake. There is good deer hunting throughout this area for mule and some whites ( check leh for restrictions ). Best bow hunting in the world bar none, if your a bow hunter, right here Jack, Pine no more.
Continue uphill towards Pennask Lake and you will find good deer hunting.
Or hey hunt along the Esperon Main, which branches out into a network of logging roads.
California bighorn sheep in the Shorts Creek area ... Always check reg's 1st.
Jelly Just south of Westbank .. Jackpine Lake .. Pennask Lake .. Esperon Main ..
Me Tarzan You Jane .. Shorts Creek .. MU 8-11 Westbank-Westside Road .. Where's your head @

06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Okanogan....... The new EK!

Jelvis
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
MU 8-22
Vernon
........... Like birds? Some pheasant and quail, good morning dove shooting along valley.
Hey get this good mule and whitetail deer hunting in King Edward Lake area, logging road access, also Aberdeen Lake area reached from Lavington via good logging road that connects with Dee Lake-Beaver Lake road.
Heavily hunted but it's a place to hunt good deer, whites and mules.
MU 8-22 Vernon fit for a King Edward Lake, and the Beaver-Dee
Jelly Lots of deer to see .. ready Fire aim .. lol

Jelvis
06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
MU 8-23
Lumby-Harris Creek
MU 8-23 is bounded on the north by the Monashee Range, tough country to hunt.
Access into good deer country via Harris Creek road. From near Cherryville the Sugar Lake road runs past the lake, and on into Greenbush Lake, which has various spurs into mountainous terrain. Poor to fair mule deer, goat in the Monashees, check leh.
Black bears are everywhere in MU 8-23 Lumby-Harris Creek
Jelly - Sugar Lake road into Greenbush Lake into the mountains bring a friend.

Jelvis
06-14-2010, 06:54 PM
MU 8-24 and 8-25
Mabel Lake
Good whitetail hunting, some mule deer from main access roads along either side of Mabel lake.
Black bear are numerous.
Jelly-Mabel lake.

358mag
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Jelvis what about the east side of K-town Postall lake Rd hear theres lots of big Whitetails + a few nice Elk up there any info ????

Jelvis
06-14-2010, 07:22 PM
MU 8-6
Princeton North East
Listen up ..............Hwy 5 is the western boundary of 8-6 to a point just south of Allison Lake. Several logging roads run up into 8-6 from Hwy 5. The Summers Creek road gives access to the central part, same area also reached from Missezula Lake road which turns east from the Hwy, 40 km from Princeton. The Princeton-Summerland backroad runs just inside 8-6 to Osprey Lake. Fair mule deer country along the open ridges, best Late in the season. Occasional moose and whitetail. Heavily hunted.
Jelly-MU 8-6 ... Princeton-Northeast ...

Big Lew
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, now you've gone and done it, Jel, you've told everyone about my "honey holes". If the truth be told, I consider most of B.C. my "honey hole" and if I bump into you, or anyone else from this forum while I'm out there hunting, especially if they step forward and say Hi, my handle is------, I'll consider it a pleasure and a bonus to the outing.

GoatGuy
06-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey Jelvis what about the east side of K-town Postall lake Rd hear theres lots of big Whitetails + a few nice Elk up there any info ????

Sounds like rumours to me.

dana
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Used to pick up some giant whitey sheds up Postall back in the 80's. Those deer are probably long gone now though. ;)

GoatGuy
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Used to pick up some giant whitey sheds up Postall back in the 80's. Those deer are probably long gone now though. ;)

Yes, just nail heads now. :wink:

dana
06-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I remember my ol' man took me up Postall after school one day to hunt evening spring bear. Got the Landcruiser very very stuck. Was a long walk out. Got to the first house with lights still on at midnight. Called my mom and she came with the truck and we then spent the next couple of hours winching the Cruiser out. The ol' man still made me go to school that morning too.

papaken
06-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Hiked to the top of the mountain to my"secret" spot only to run into a fellow that had hiked in from the opposite side of the mountain to his "secret" spot. We had a great conversation and a bite to eat and went back our separate ways. Apparently it was only a secret in our own minds. If it is prime area you can bet someone has or will check it out. Taken deer out of there before and after then. And dirtguy, if your secret spot is within 25 miles of Princeton there is a good chance I've been there sometime in the last 40 years. Good luck in your future hunting but if you see someone else in an area you should maybe move on, because you might be in their "secret" spot.

358mag
06-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Sounds like rumours to me.
Maybe campfire stories again ???

358mag
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Yuppers all them big whitetails packed the luggage and headed north up into Region 3 U should be seeing a few up there keep your eyes open might be a cranker buck or 2

GoatGuy
06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Maybe campfire stories again ???

No, there's no wood there either.

358mag
06-16-2010, 07:43 PM
No, there's no wood there either.
Dam loggers log it then pave it , maybe going to have to find a new spot u in for a drive about ??

GoatGuy
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Dam loggers log it then pave it , maybe going to have to find a new spot u in for a drive about ??

I'll keep on hunting it, maybe just switch species. :wink:

358mag
06-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I'll keep on hunting it, maybe just switch species. :wink:
What to do a fly by scouting trip in the 727 ???

Islandeer
06-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Only one honey hole of mine is off limits ... only room for me in there. :wink::mrgreen:

GoatGuy
06-19-2010, 09:06 AM
What to do a fly by scouting trip in the 727 ???

Did one last weekend. :wink:

ruger#1
06-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Is there a Tim Horton's around this honey hole. I'm sure some lower mainlanders would like to hunt there, I could post a map up of the area.

Jelvis
06-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Stop at Princeton for a coffee at the Grey Hound Bus Cafe and it's down home flavor or any little Cafe in Princeton will spill the beans on a great hunting spot in all directions from Princeton B.C. in Reg 8.
Stop for a chit chat at Princeton for a coffee and a muffin.
Princeton surrounded by MU 8 - 4, 5, 6, and 7. Hunt til yah drop .. lol ..
J/Parsley .. I like that MU 8-5 .. Whipsaw . Tulameen River . Asp Creek . Otter Creek .
8-6 Summers Creek . Siwash . lotsa mozza . lol . . .. ...........................................

GoatGuy
06-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Is there a Tim Horton's around this honey hole. I'm sure some lower mainlanders would like to hunt there, I could post a map up of the area.

Nearest Tim Horton's
Airport Way, Kelowna, BC V1V 1S1‎ - (250) 451-0851

goatdancer
06-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Quit advertising it. The lineups are long enough without a bunch of LMers inundating our pristine country......

Jelvis
06-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Kelowna, the area, the City and the people. What can a person say about it? Beauty area no doubt a terrific stopping place to rest at. Gorgeous scenery and a modern outlook with western history.
Reach out from East Kelowna and McCullough Road and pipeline road running southwest.
And of course Beaver-Dee Lakes road runs on through good deer and hunting country and comes out at Lavington. Wow! You gotta come over and see it in 2010, and stay in Kelowna for a week or so.
jelly .. Kelowna up Mission Creek for a looky .. Come for the summer season and stay for awhile.
Kelowna is a great City to visit and relax in for a change, shopping around too, all spring, summer and fall .. winters very pretty too, with the lights all shining down on the fresh soft snow .. it's a World Cla$$ kinda Cool.

tangozulu
06-20-2010, 08:02 PM

And there's SNAKES!!

muledeercrazy
06-20-2010, 08:22 PM

i just dont see the point in getting upset at road hunters when your saying you set up off the side of the road yourself. Whats the difference?
:mrgreen:....the truth is that a guy on a quad might be able to make it past an obstruction, washout, or gate that a vehicle cant. but ultimately they are running on roads 99% of the time. when you get away from the roads you get away from other hunters, most of the time. try it, it works for me.. and if that was you it was a .300win mag not a 7mm!

mark
06-20-2010, 08:31 PM
And there's SNAKES!!

Yip, nasty rattlers! :( Hence the reason I like to hunt the late season in lower elevations!

Stone Sheep Steve
06-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Yip, nasty rattlers! :( Hence the reason I like to hunt the late season in lower elevations!

Funny....some of the toughest guys I know hate snakes. I guess Indiana Jones was not an anomaly:?.

SSS

ruger#1
06-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Yip, nasty rattlers! :( Hence the reason I like to hunt the late season in lower elevations!Oh stop being a BaBy, Did you want me to come up and move them out of your way. LOL:mrgreen:

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Read my lips ... From Peachland, on Highway 97, the Brenda Mine road runs into GOOD mule deer country.
Have you met Kathleen Mountain into nah hice hunting country pilgrim.
Then the road drops down to Princeton-Summerland backroad if you got a mean machine to navigate into some impassibles lol...
Hike above logged over land into mature timber and open slopes as you head into the forest from OK Falls up Shuttlesworth Creek on either side.
Occasional moose and elk herds behind Naramata on rocky Okanagan Mountain, reached from the Chute Lake road a few kilometers north of Naramata. Hunters galore up there looking and rubber necking.
Jel .. east of Princeton

silvertipp
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
i had a sheep draw there a few years ago
coudnt believe all the game we saw and lots of every thing
sheep ,shuttleworth,ellis penticton all carry lots of sheep as well as the whole way from penticton to ok falls
moose up the 201
elk okanogan mnt,greyback mtn & the other side of ellis
goats shuttleworth
deer every where
great trip it was

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Lassie Lake-Trapping Creek country good for both whitetail and mule deer.
Reached from Christian Valley in MU 8-14
Christian Valley road is 115 km long and has good whitetail connects at Monashee Pass on Hwy 6.
Jelly .. Christian Valley .. Mu 8-14 .. Elk too

Muledeerjohn
06-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Biggest honey hole secret that works for all of BC. Ive spoken with many a hunter from numerous areas and quite a few have said to me where's all the deer.... Well I said what do you mean. Most of them had the same reply. "I drive all over the place all day, I never see a thing!".
"really" i would reply. "that's funny. did you get out of your truck at all and try glassing the blocks?". The most common response "No, just to go pee. Why would i get out of my truck?" my response "well...... if you were to walk just a mere 30ft or so into the bush you'll find that's where the dear are walking these days and always have." So there you have it folks. The biggest secret to honey hole hunting. Get out of your truck and go for a walk!! Makes a world of difference! ;)

Jelvis
06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Good point about getting out of that traveling living room the modern day pick me up truck. Step out in the crisp air and head in a ways especially in my favorite honey hole ...
........ MU 8-13 Monashee Summit
...............................................is this hunting paradise?
You bet.
............Hiking in to try good whitetail and mule deer hunting found by hiking back, from Hwy 6 near the summit. Or several access roads off Hwy 6 leading up to ALPINE country and great mule deer hunting.
Even the occasional moose hanging around taking in the greenery.
... If you enjoy hiking in, you will see a wonderful hunting area unfold before your eyes ..
jp .. MU 8-13 Monashee Summit .. Highway 5 is joined by the Christian Valley road from Westbridge on Hwy 33, in MU 8-14, about one third of the way in from the west. You'll be impressed.