PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust.

BiG Boar
06-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Coyote down! Here in the wilderness for the weekend doing some fishing, but I brought the pop up blind and a good friend lent me an electronic call. 45 minutes into it we are saying last call and sure enough, who comes loping in, but a nice fury friend. The new 22-250 custom cracked and put him in circles, and that was that. Pics will follow after the weekend, hopefully there are more to be had. Cheers and good luck with your Christmas in June tickets! :-D

Steeleco
06-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Did you find him in the spot we spoke about or did I give you a bum steer?? :mrgreen:

srupp
06-11-2010, 02:15 PM
hmmm not being funny or smart..duh..are electronic game calls able to be used in BC???

srupp

Barracuda
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
They made them legal for some species a couple of years back ,

good going on the downed yote Dave

Surrey Boy
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
I really don't think coyotes deserve a fair chase any more than rats and raccoons. They're a pest, not a game animal.

Mr. Dean
06-11-2010, 03:10 PM
GOOOOOOD GOIN!!!

Srupp; e-calls are 'good to go' for yotes and cats.

peashooter
06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
e calls are ok on yotes.

BiG Boar
06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Steelco
got him just south of "your valley"

hopefully they're legal to use e calls.

Sitting in a blind with the gun on lap as we speak.

Buckmeister
06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
In the region I live in, yotes are closed right now, and we got a pile of them in the area. Don't understand why they get a 4 month break while the region next door (20 min drive away) only has a 2 month break.

The place I live at does have farm status however, so I was wondering if that gives me the legal right to shoot any I see on the property. Does anyone have a correct answer to that?

Surrey Boy
06-11-2010, 05:52 PM
In the region I live in, yotes are closed right now, and we got a pile of them in the area. Don't understand why they get a 4 month break while the region next door (20 min drive away) only has a 2 month break.

The place I live at does have farm status however, so I was wondering if that gives me the legal right to shoot any I see on the property. Does anyone have a correct answer to that?

Can you show that they are threatening or harassing your livestock or crop? Otherwise you're hooped.

Pete
06-11-2010, 06:12 PM
You kill a lot more than one coyote this time of year. If it is a lactating female the pups are done. If it is a male the female may not be able to feed all the pups that she has and some will have to die in order that some may live.

Jagermeister
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
You kill a lot more than one coyote this time of year. If it is a lactating female the pups are done. If it is a male the female may not be able to feed all the pups that she has and some will have to die in order that some may live.
I think you better tell them what lactating is, 'cause sure as hell. someone's going to ask.

hunter1947
06-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Lately there are lots of animals hitting the ground for you and your buds http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

Congrats on your latest animal to date http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Pete
06-12-2010, 03:55 AM
I think you better tell them what lactating is, 'cause sure as hell. someone's going to ask.

Lactating meaning that the female is still producing milk and feeding her pups. When the female dies the pups are usually done for and starve to death or get eaten by another predator, not a pretty sight.

kastles
06-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I ran into a pile of 'yote poop last night up Whipsaw that had two fawn hoofs in it. Kill the babies nicely(lead poisoning, shovelhead disease, or teach 'em to swim in a burlap sack :) ) if you can. Starving is not the way to go.

kastles

dougal
06-13-2010, 09:16 AM
the wife has a couple of old cook books and yote sounds good roasted with taters, onions and mashed dried apricots but you would have to make sure to get one very very far from the city otherwise its just eating a bear from the delta garbage depo

Farmer
06-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Good job Bigbore14. I dropped one this morning on the farm. The second one this week. The first one was at about 200 yards and the 75 gr Vmax out of a new to me Savage 243 dropped him on the spot. No exit hole but I really didn't want to look to close as it was a very mangy coyote. Very little hair. The one this morning did the 2 spins and then flop. At 120 yards, there was an exit hole on this one.
We went for a drive around the block last night at dusk and saw 3 different coyotes. Further opportunities await. :)