PDA

View Full Version : Tuchodi Goats

stoneguide
06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Was wondering how the goat population is around the lakes? Also was interested in seeing successful goat pics from the area.
Will be doing a 14 back pack hunt there in Aug. and Sept so just wanting to get primed with some success pics from there.
SG

BCrams
06-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Along with the sheep / sheep hunting ..... goat population is excellent.

stoneguide
06-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Along with the sheep / sheep hunting ..... goat population is excellent.

Hey thanks. I guided north of there the last few years for stones and we did get a couple goats but wasnt a great goat area. I know the head of the Racing has a good population of goats so may pack in that way or towards the head of the Chiska depends on what we are seeing after leaving the boat.
SG

boxhitch
06-09-2010, 04:50 PM
What ? not working this year ? Nice to hunt for oneself in Sept.

stoneguide
06-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Nope its all about me this year. I am from alberta and am gunna spend a bunch of time looking for a big broomed bighorn. The goat hunt this year is a dream come true and I must thank my buddy for taking me. If I could only pack a sheep tag. Oh well hopefully we an get him one.
SG

boxhitch
06-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Being shy about going to the old area ?;)
The Tuchodi should treat you good, for both critters.

stoneguide
06-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Being shy about going to the old area ?;)
The Tuchodi should treat you good, for both critters.

Rather not step on anyones toes. Ive been treated good up there. May need a job up that way again one year. Besides looking forward to pointing my buddies boat up that river.
SG

whitetailsheds
06-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard D....here's that young billy I took up north....you guys should have a good trip back in there.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/whitetailsheds/038_381.jpg

BiG Boar
06-10-2010, 06:56 AM
You will be able to spot many goats right from the lake. Weather you can get to them is another ball of wax. But they are open.

stoneguide
06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
You will be able to spot many goats right from the lake. Weather you can get to them is another ball of wax. But they are open.

Thanks bigbore. We are going in for a couple weeks so if we can spot them we should be able to get on them eventually. Ill climb pretty much anything so them goats best watch themselves:-D.
Ive killed some goats in some mean spots when guiding for Gundahoo River and Stone Mtn. Safaris.
SG

stoneguide
06-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Welcome aboard D....here's that young billy I took up north....you guys should have a good trip back in there.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/whitetailsheds/038_381.jpg

Hey thanks whitetail. Glad to run into a familular user name from AO. I tried to get mine but some guy has it and hasnt posted since he signed on!

bridger
06-10-2010, 10:29 PM
great picture and nice goat. great country to hunt. congrats!

silvertipp
06-10-2010, 11:28 PM
lots of goats on the second lake ,on the first lake youll have to get back in one of the valleys good sheep back off the first lake

stoneguide
06-11-2010, 08:24 AM
thanks guys!

Whats it like getting to the second lake with the boat or should a guy just hike it.
We do plan on hiking back in 10-15 miles so we are gunna try and cover some ground and see some country so we should find a few sheep and goats around I hope.

Keep the info flying and hope to see some more pics.
SG