PDA

View Full Version : anyone still hunting Black bear in 8-15

bobboa
06-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Well i just got my CORE certificate back yesterday in the mail and instantly went down to get my hunter number. Now I am looking forward to getting out hunting. I am thinking of going for a black bear but want to know if anyone knows whether the hunting in 8-15 is still good this time of year or should I move to 4-9 to look for my bear. Can't wait for bear sausage and roast! This will be my first ever black bear hunt and first hunt since I was 16yrs old! Any advice would be great!

The Hermit
06-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey great enthusiasm!!! Good luck.

boxhitch
06-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Both regions will have a bear for you
Shoot them on the high side of the road

Stone Sheep Steve
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
This is the last weekend to hunt bears in Reg 8....then you could slip over to Reg 4 and hunt until the end of June. Might as well hunt closer to home while you can.

Welcome to the site!

SSS

BCrams
06-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Shoot them on the high side of the road

For a black bear, it appears thats one piece of advice SSS and some of you others down there ignore! :mrgreen:

bobboa
06-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks to all for your advice! My plan is to go out tomorrow and see what transpires!

Thanks again and look forward to talking to more of you!

RiverOtter
06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Drive around mid day and look for the freshest bear crap. Then come back around 5:30 or 6 PM and walk through that same area.

If you're not fussy on size, bears is plentiful. If at all possible spend a bit of time watching a bear/sneaking closer, to make sure it's not a sow with cubs. Good luck...

deeks1989
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
hey I have hunted 8-15 almost every weekend this year for bears(spring season)
I got 2 nice bears there this year.....I am from Trail but my gf lives there so.....But hey if you need to know where to go just pm me I'd be more then happy to help! Just cant tell anyone else!:wink::wink:

wunderboy
06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Drive around mid day and look for the freshest bear crap. Then come back around 5:30 or 6 PM and walk through that same area.

If you're not fussy on size, bears is plentiful. If at all possible spend a bit of time watching a bear/sneaking closer, to make sure it's not a sow with cubs. Good luck...

great advice let the crap show you were they are.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-09-2010, 05:20 AM
great advice let the crap show you were they are.

Hearing of more and more guys using the old square shovel technique....removing any bear "sign" so other won't think there's one in the area.
Scoundrels!

SSS

wunderboy
06-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Hearing of more and more guys using the old square shovel technique....removing any bear "sign" so other won't think there's one in the area.
Scoundrels!

SSS

brilliant plan. I am going to buy a shovel for fall. I'll even transplant the bear crap to a provincial park just for the hell of it, Scotch creek could use a few less campers.

Camp Cook
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Never thought of that might work...