PDA

View Full Version : Bc 3D provincials

Bowzone_Mikey
06-07-2010, 10:25 PM
July 10th weekend
Williams Lake BC
down Hwy 20 towards Bella Coola from hwy 97 junction You only stay on Hwy 20 for a couple of kilometres, then turn left onto Dog Creek Road. Follow that road up for a few kilometres, and turn right onto Bond Lake Road. Bond Lake Road will be directly across from the Elementary School. Follow the gravel road up the hill for a few minutes, and the Sportsman's Association Clubhouse will be on your left.
hope to see alot of people there ... we all know Williams lake puts on a hell of a shoot

(I would upload a poster but its in Word Doc ... and for some odd reason this site is still running software defaults for word docs whitch means it has to be less than 19 KB ... Maybe a admin could look into that and do what most sites do and up the limit to 140 KB ... the doc I wanna post is 39 .5 or so )

BowSitter
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Does this mean you are going to make it?

Bowzone_Mikey
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I really dont know ... I was given a Poster by the Co-ordinators and told to spread the word .... I just just my Jeep back from repair shop today so I aint that worried about that ... But gotta pay for it yet ...

I lost 2nd gear coming home from Quesnel last week .... found a good used tranny down south somewhere .... replaced cooler and lines etc ... to the tune of almost 2 grand out the door .... Holy hell thats more than double than what I paid for thing 2 years ago (a rtebuild would have been closer to three and I only wanna get another 2 years out of it so I went cheaper

hardnocks
06-23-2010, 08:26 AM
My grandson and i will be their . Going to be a quick low budget tenting trip. I hope they are cooking so i don`t have to bring food.

jessbennett
06-26-2010, 10:24 AM
well depending how things go the next few days i actually mite be able to go to the shoot. my sentencing is on the 17th so we will see how things go.:-D

BowSitter
06-26-2010, 12:49 PM
It's going to be a great week for me, going to the Rineheart 100 in Olympia then up to Williams Lake for the Provincials.:mrgreen:

BZ Mikey, You know if you are going to make it yet?

jessbennett
06-26-2010, 06:10 PM
oooops ...... did i say sentencing??? i meant wedding.....:mrgreen:

Bow Walker
06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
oooops ...... did i say sentencing??? i meant wedding.....:mrgreen:
Same thing in some folks minds...:wink:

jessbennett
06-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Same thing in some folks minds...:wink:

hahahahahaha...........

Bowzone_Mikey
06-27-2010, 08:10 AM
It's going to be a great week for me, going to the Rineheart 100 in Olympia then up to Williams Lake for the Provincials.:mrgreen:

BZ Mikey, You know if you are going to make it yet?

Yep ... will be rolling in later on Friday tho ... Mama is working that day so we are leaving after that ... prolly stopping in Q-town for food, relistically leave PG about 530 ... getting to WL about 9ish I'll be happier if we can get out earlier than that as I will have a 6 year old and a 2 year old on board

Jess ... You are going to the one bar Jail ... so Ya its sentancing ... I am serving my 11th year

Bow Walker
06-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Jess ... You are going to to the one bar Jail ... so Ya its sentancing ... I am serving my 11th year

15th for me - and I'm a two-time offender!

Bowzone_Mikey
06-27-2010, 09:01 AM
15th for me - and I'm a two-time offender!

See thats the problem nowaday with you young punks :wink: you never learn the first time and are habitual re-peat offenders ....

On a little more serious note .. But not really
I know a girl whos parents got divorced when she was young, her Mom got re-married a few years later and is almost 30 years deep into that "sentance" ... the girl for the longest time used to truely beleive that everyone got married twice ... the first one was for "practice" and the second was for "real"

Bow Walker
06-27-2010, 09:10 AM
I think that no-one should get married before they are at least 30 years of age. Getting married in your late teens/early twenties is just asking for problems. Very few couples at that age are mature enough to work out any issues - it's just too easy to get divorced.

Having said that, the first sentence for me lasted 19.75 years...

jessbennett
06-27-2010, 09:31 AM
I think that no-one should get married before they are at least 30 years of age. Getting married in your late teens/early twenties is just asking for problems. Very few couples at that age are mature enough to work out any issues - it's just too easy to get divorced.

my parents married young. late teens early 20's and they have been married 35 yrs and counting. and were together for some time before that. they are still happy and the best parents anyone can ask for! each couple is different. if its meant to be, the right couple can make it through anything that is thrown at them. too many people nowdays take for granted the vows that they say to eachother. thick and thin and sickness and in health is excactly what it is. seems as though some couples nowdays (any age), dont know what that means!

one a side note, ive seen quite a few couples in their late twenties and early 30's get married, that were to immature and frankly stupid to be considering it.

Bow Walker
06-27-2010, 09:37 AM
I should have qualified my general statement about marriage age. Nowadays (the up and coming generation) it's all to easy to get married and then see if they will be happy together. No-one seems to want to put in the required effort(s) to maintain a good marriage.

Maybe I'm speaking with a sour grape still stuck in my teeth. Don't let my pessimistic attitude put you off. I'm probably the exception to the rule.

I gotta say though (and I often do) that I shoulda met my second when I was a lot younger. Second time around is the best, for me anyway.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-27-2010, 09:37 AM

there are exceptions to every rule .. I was married at 23 almost 24 in '00...was dating since 95 and living in sin since 96 ... One of my best friends growing up was married at just 19 (a couple months after her B-day).. she married a guy that was older (I think he was 25 or 26 at the time) .. that was in '95 and they are still happy as clams ... But ya I know a few people my age that got unhappily married around the same time as I or earlier and are now pleasently divorced with crosshairs on each others foreheads.

Ok this is a little off Topic ... We will continue later .... so back to original ... Is your brother gonna haul yer azz off the island and up to the Cariboo next week ?

Bowzone_Mikey
06-27-2010, 09:40 AM
my parents married young. late teens early 20's and they have been married 35 yrs and counting. and were together for some time before that. they are still happy and the best parents anyone can ask for! each couple is different. if its meant to be, the right couple can make it through anything that is thrown at them. too many people nowdays take for granted the vows that they say to eachother. thick and thin and sickness and in health is excactly what it is. seems as though some couples nowdays (any age), dont know what that means!

one a side note, ive seen quite a few couples in their late twenties and early 30's get married, that were to immature and frankly stupid to be considering it.
Indeed .. well put ...

The Hermit
06-27-2010, 09:41 AM
The WD and I just celebrated 27 years of mutual bondage... can't say I recommend it for most!

Won't be at a the shoot as we are off to Europe for that new MS CCSVI angioplasty treatment a week or so later. $$$$$$$

Bow Walker
06-27-2010, 09:42 AM
BZM, I'm starting a new job next week and it will require a big effort during the startup phase (from everyone involved). Setting up the warehouse, ordering equipment, staffing, training, and working out the bugs - all before we can get to the point of producing marketable product.

So, short answer is that I won't be having time for fun stuff for a few months yet.

One of these days though. We're (all of you interior boys) gonna sit down around a communal campfire and swap lies.

jessbennett
06-27-2010, 10:01 AM
BZM, I'm starting a new job next week and it will require a big effort during the startup phase (from everyone involved). Setting up the warehouse, ordering equipment, staffing, training, and working out the bugs - all before we can get to the point of producing marketable product.

So, short answer is that I won't be having time for fun stuff for a few months yet.

One of these days though. We're (all of you interior boys) gonna sit down around a communal campfire and swap lies.

well...... provincials are here again next year!!!!!!!! (gives us another year to our b.s. piles a little taller). lol:mrgreen:

BowSitter
06-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Yep ... will be rolling in later on Friday tho ... Mama is working that day so we are leaving after that ... prolly stopping in Q-town for food, relistically leave PG about 530 ... getting to WL about 9ish I'll be happier if we can get out earlier than that as I will have a 6 year old and a 2 year old on board

Jess ... You are going to the one bar Jail ... so Ya its sentancing ... I am serving my 11th year

BZM, That's great, I will be there with two buds about Fri. afternoon sometime. We will be in a 25ft. Hideout trailer towed by either a white ford or a black GM, not sure who's truck we are taking yet.
On the other topic I've been married for 25+years and hope it's for life...Ron

Bow Walker
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Damn! I wish that I was in the position to be there with you guys. All it would take would be $$$$, plus camping gear, plus the ability to take time "off", plus an abundance of "kitchen points" in the reserve fund.

Oh yeah, I'd probaby need an extra dozen arrows for spares!

jessbennett
06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Damn! I wish that I was in the position to be there with you guys. All it would take would be $$$$, plus camping gear, plus the ability to take time "off", plus an abundance of "kitchen points" in the reserve fund.

sounds doo-able.................:-D

Bow Walker
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll be right there - right after I win the lottery......to hell w/ the kitchen points!

Bowzone_Mikey
06-29-2010, 08:18 PM

$$$$ hop on board with Sitter ... cheaper route
Campin gear .. a tent and a sleepin bag ... I can bring an extra if ya wanna borrow fer the weekend
Time off ... "Yo Chief ... I'm outta here fer the weekend ... Provincials"
Kitchen Points ... Tell her you'll bring her back something nice ... and when you don't ... say "Nothing I seen could compare to the beauty of you my loving wife"

Arrows...are a non issue ... How long of what spine ... I prolly got some kicking around here somewhere

So ... I fail to see the problem

Bow Walker
06-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Yeah....

...some are in a position to go, and some are not. I'll be there in spirit anyway.

Don't let my little bro' get too soused, he kinda forgets to check his equipment on the second day. Ask him about the second day of the Nan. 2-dayer...

oldtimer
07-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Well I will be moving trailer down on Thursday. I have to work on Friday nite so will be late getting back to the site but Barb will be there. I am not shooting due to knee surgery but will be helping Williams Lake club with registration etc. See you all there .

Bowzone_Mikey
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Well I will be moving trailer down on Thursday. I have to work on Friday nite so will be late getting back to the site but Barb will be there. I am not shooting due to knee surgery but will be helping Williams Lake club with registration etc. See you all there .

See ya there Big Mike ... Save me a spot ;)
I aquired a smaller tent trailer since Q-town shoot ...

are yer clan staying onsite or at ACs ... I have something I wanna talk to them (all the group from the Q-town shoot) about for next season and get their input

threedhunter
07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Mike, i'll be there by friday afternoon, Ron and Mary will be there thursday. I need a space for my tent is all, threedhunter,

Bow Walker
07-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Good luck to all you guys and gals today and tomorrow. I look forward to hearing and reading ll about your escapades here on Monday night.

jessbennett
07-12-2010, 11:18 AM
so anyone hear how it was?? turnout? course? who won mbo or mbr??

Bowzone_Mikey
07-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Turnout sucked Balls ... 101 ... More people from Alberta(total of 9) than Quesnel and Williams lake and 100 mile Combined

Courses were awesome ...My mind however was raped by shadows and tunnels all weekend long ...saturday I had one Train wreck shot and few others that didnt feel good when the arrow left .... Sunday Most all of my shots felt great leaving (save one where I collapsed the shot and Zipped the 39 yard standing tree pushing bear)... The good feeling went away quickly tho when I saw that I drastically over estimated or under estimated the distances

Put faces to some names ... Saturday nite I wasnt all that social Tho ... I put the kids to bed ... made the mistake of laying down with them ... I think I was out before they were

jessbennett
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Turnout sucked Balls ... 101 ... More people from Alberta(total of 9) than Quesnel and Williams lake and 100 mile Combined

Courses were awesome ...My mind however was raped by shadows and tunnels all weekend long ...saturday I had one Train wreck shot and few others that didnt feel good when the arrow left .... Sunday Most all of my shots felt great leaving (save one where I collapsed the shot and Zipped the 39 yard standing tree pushing bear)... The good feeling went away quickly tho when I saw that I drastically over estimated or under estimated the distances

Put faces to some names ... Saturday nite I wasnt all that social Tho ... I put the kids to bed ... made the mistake of laying down with them ... I think I was out before they were

ya.. i wish i had have been able to shoot. with all the wedding preparations it just wasnt in the cards.next year...... im hoping i can really get back into 3-d and actually hit up alot of shoots.

im really surprised about the turnout. holy. i figured it would ave been a huge turnout being centrally located.

hardnocks
07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
The trails were great ! Sunday b course was about as tough as a man would like to shoot .
Me personaly i shot very well ....

Now i have a face to go with mickey.....not as chubby as his avitar.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
ya that Avitar was about 30 pounds ago

Bow Walker
07-12-2010, 08:16 PM
What was up with the low turnout? Weather was great, by all reports. Maybe it was vacation time? Where's my lil bro's post? What's happening? Why is there air? What is the meaning of it all?

Bowzone_Mikey
07-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I dunno but around PG .. Haying is gonna start full swing in the next week or so ... so I suspect the 100 mile farmers ... are doing that now ....

I suspect the club lost coin on this shoot witch is terrible ... yer bro is prolly stuck on the boat still LOL

willyqbc
07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
I was not able to attend due to work, but all other folks I talked to that were not going to go I got the same answer " I don't want to pay my BCAA membership just to shoot provincials"

I don't see that sentiment changing anytime soon so I'm not sure what we can do about it.

Chris

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 05:30 AM
I was a little choked about them it costing 70 bucks for a little kid to shoot. I am sure with a $60 entrance that the willys puddle club didn`t loose money. That reason alone next year the attendance will be less.

But now that my bitch is over.
More people need to get involved with the bcaa...i am.
Maybe get our clubs to join on a club level
and also if we started haveing bcaa sanction shoots that might be a place to start .
An injection of cash from more shoots and we could drop the price of membership.

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 05:38 AM
What was up with the low turnout? Weather was great, by all reports. Maybe it was vacation time? Where's my lil bro's post? What's happening? Why is there air? What is the meaning of it all?

He probably walking the other guys kicked him out . did you ever hear the song...Mick me mate the master farter, with his true pitch perfect, fuel injected ,double jointed a$$

oldtimer
07-13-2010, 05:54 AM
I don't know why either except for what Chris said. I think a lot of Vanderhoof guys were haying, 100 mile house have the Big Traditional shoot coming up. Barb and I couldn't shoot due to medical reasons but I have no Idea why more Quesnel shooters ( who are BCAA members ) didn't shoot.
It takes a lot of money to put a shoot like this on, they had to guarantee a certain number of meals.
BCAA will be putting out $ 8000.00 to the team shooters plus the full expenses of Ted Kennedy I believe and that money has to come from somewhere.If the Provincials are the only shoot you participate in then it is exspensive but if you go to more then it is quite reasonable.
Whole weekend camping for free! where else will you get that?

Good job by Lee Jackman and his crew. Mike

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:00 AM
I was a little choked about them it costing 70 bucks for a little kid to shoot. I am sure with a $60 entrance that the willys puddle club didn`t loose money. That reason alone next year the attendance will be less.

But now that my bitch is over.
More people need to get involved with the bcaa...i am.
Maybe get our clubs to join on a club level
and also if we started haveing bcaa sanction shoots that might be a place to start .
An injection of cash from more shoots and we could drop the price of membership.

since when did all people have to pay for a bcaa membership if they did not want to be competitive?? that is the first ive heard of that. the last provincials i went to a few years ago, people could just pay for the shoot cost if they were non competitive. correct me id i may be wrong tho pls as i am not 100 percent sure.(i just always buy mine then its done).

60 dollar entrance fee? what were you expecting for a provincial event?:-|ive shot quite a few provincials in the past, and all have been more expensive to shoot. how was the meal that was put on?

the costs of a bcaa membership is 50 bucks.(i believe) with that you get insurance incase of injuries, accidents, etc, at an archery shoot or in the field. the membership allows for funding for athletes to go to nationals and other high profile events.

most clubs now do carry bcaa memberships i believe?

but as chris said, who wants to pay the extra membership just to shoot.? there was quite a few from williams lake alone that didnt want to have to pay for bcaa just to shoot provincials. sad to hear, but id be willing to bet that if this stupid idea of having to pay the bcaa wasnt there, the shoot could have had an extra 50-100 shooters.:-|

i really wish I could have shot. it sux. i was really looking forward to it. next year ....(plus i dont think slipping out the back door from wedding stuff would have went over to well)....lmao.
and finally my fiance is really starting to feel the effects of packing the baby. so with taking up the slack with everything, it just wasnt in the cards this year.. guess im going to hace to invest in a baby backpack for next year.

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
I am not complaining about my cost . But at $60 for an adult $40 for a kid some of those people that were their last weekend will not be their next year.

But enough said about that. ...I think all the majer shoots should be bcaa sanctioned .
If all the 2 day shoots in the prov. were sanctioned and injected money into the bcaa it would make it a lot better

I am just one member but i am going to put it to our club to join on a club level.
Driving home on sunday gave my time to think of the good time i had . And it sure would be sad to see the provincales fade away. And the only way that i can see that happening is to get more people working at it. Starting with myself.

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:15 AM
I am not complaining about my cost . But at $60 for an adult $40 for a kid some of those people that were their last weekend will not be their next year.

But enough said about that. ...I think all the majer shoots should be bcaa sanctioned .
If all the 2 day shoots in the prov. were sanctioned and injected money into the bcaa it would make it a lot better

I am just one member but i am going to put it to our club to join on a club level.
Driving home on sunday gave my time to think of the good time i had . And it sure would be sad to see the provincales fade away. And the only way that i can see that happening is to get more people working at it. Starting with myself.

i understand what your saying for sure. and i have been saying for a LONG TIME, that the costs to go to these shoots in itself is alot of the reason that shoot turnouts are way down. I really dont think that having a bcaa sanction on all 2 days is the answer tho. wont that make the cost of shooting all the 2 days more expensive? and with a regular 2 day, most clubs work their ass off making sure their shoot is awsome, only to turn their money over to the bcaa, when the bcaa is nowhere in site to help with the shoot?

the biggest thing that we as archers (involved with clubs) can do, is to make sure that when our clubs put on these shoots that the costs are not constantly going up. cost is one of the MAIN reasons people arent going out as much as they used to. and bcaa sanctioning, and mandatory memberships is definately a stp in the wrong direction. imo. if some people are upset at the costs of provincials alone, i dont think that they are going to be overly excited to pay more at every 2 day they go to. again just my theory.

willyqbc
07-13-2010, 08:21 AM
As I understand it, if you are a B.C. resident you MUST be a member of the BCAA to shoot provincials.....yet if you are from out of province you may shoot in the guest category without bcaa membership.

Cost of the shoot was

Adult $40 if pre-registered, $45 if registering week-end of
Kids $30 if pre-registered, $35 if registering week-end of
$5 of every registration goes to the BCAA to pay for the medal

Given usual shoot prices of $35 for adult and $20 for kids the host club actually only makes a few extra dollars per shooter which is reasonable considering the extra costs involved in putting on a good provincials

The big extra cost would be for those having to buy BCAA membership at the same time which is Adult $44 and kid $34, family of 2 $75, family of 3 or more $95

For the sake of the clubs willing to take on hosting the Provincials I would suggest that perhaps the BCAA extends the guest category to include B.C. residents as well.

It's true that the BCAA needs membership numbers as the gov't funding is tied to member numbers.....BUT, if a local club buys its membership, all club members are not individually members for the purpose of shooting provincials etc, but they do count as participants for the numbers needed for gov't funding. At at cost of $90 to the club for its membership I think it mayt be a good idea for the BCAA to issue club memberships at little or no cost to every club in the province. It wouldn't solve the problem of individual memberships being needed for provincials but it would certainly help with the numbers needed for funding.

Chris

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 08:23 AM
60 dollar entrance fee? what were you expecting for a provincial event?:-|
well i was not expecting an extra 75 for a 9 year old to shoot

the costs of a bcaa membership is 50 bucks.(i believe) with that you get insurance incase of injuries, accidents, etc, at an archery shoot or in the field. the membership allows for funding for athletes to go to nationals and other high profile events.
So on a insured range such as WL one is insured anyway right

but as chris said, who wants to pay the extra membership just to shoot.? there was quite a few from williams lake alone that didnt want to have to pay for bcaa just to shoot provincials. sad to hear, but id be willing to bet that if this stupid idea of having to pay the bcaa wasnt there, the shoot could have had an extra 50-100 shooters.:-|

So we should make it that you have to be a bcaa member to shoot major shoots

[/quote]

Ruger4
07-13-2010, 08:29 AM
[/quote]

...and soon the numbers will be even less , see ya in Cherryville :mrgreen:

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
60 dollar entrance fee? what were you expecting for a provincial event?:-|
well i was not expecting an extra 75 for a 9 year old to shoot

So on a insured range such as WL one is insured anyway right

[/quote]

yes because then everybody who didnt want to pay for the bcaa membership for provincials wont want to go to the other 2 day events either.:-|

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 08:35 AM
My good friend went to the nationals in lethbridge planning to shoot non competitive. He couldn`t ..to join the bcaa at the nationals if i remember right was about 75 dollars. So mis jackel signed them you as an alberta member for 25.
Would not more members paying less each.. mean more money to the bcaa and more participation.

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
As I understand it, if you are a B.C. resident you MUST be a member of the BCAA to shoot provincials.....yet if you are from out of province you may shoot in the guest category without bcaa membership.

Cost of the shoot was

Adult $40 if pre-registered, $45 if registering week-end of
Kids $30 if pre-registered, $35 if registering week-end of
$5 of every registration goes to the BCAA to pay for the medal

Given usual shoot prices of $35 for adult and $20 for kids the host club actually only makes a few extra dollars per shooter which is reasonable considering the extra costs involved in putting on a good provincials

The big extra cost would be for those having to buy BCAA membership at the same time which is Adult $44 and kid $34, family of 2 $75, family of 3 or more $95

For the sake of the clubs willing to take on hosting the Provincials I would suggest that perhaps the BCAA extends the guest category to include B.C. residents as well.

It's true that the BCAA needs membership numbers as the gov't funding is tied to member numbers.....BUT, if a local club buys its membership, all club members are not individually members for the purpose of shooting provincials etc, but they do count as participants for the numbers needed for gov't funding. At at cost of $90 to the club for its membership I think it mayt be a good idea for the BCAA to issue club memberships at little or no cost to every club in the province. It wouldn't solve the problem of individual memberships being needed for provincials but it would certainly help with the numbers needed for funding.

Chris

i totally agree with you on the fact that a bc resident should be able to shoot the provincials without paying the membership if they choose to be non competitive. in a way they sorta trap ya. .:evil:
but as far as it being mandatory, has that changed recently? i coulda swore i heard someone talking about it a few provincials ago stating that they were non competitive and they didnt have to pay the extra bcaa because of it.

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
My good friend went to the nationals in lethbridge planning to shoot non competitive. He couldn`t ..to join the bcaa at the nationals if i remember right was about 75 dollars. So mis jackel signed them you as an alberta member for 25.
Would not more members paying less each.. mean more money to the bcaa and more participation.

yes i see what you saying with the membership. but in all honesty that is one more fee that alot wont be willing to pay just to shoot........ imo

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
So instead of a few paying 50 dollars . you have everyone that shoots paying 25 .

yes because then everybody who didnt want to pay for the bcaa membership for provincials wont want to go to the other 2 day events either.:-|[/quote]

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:55 AM
So instead of a few paying 50 dollars . you have everyone that shoots paying 25 .

yes because then everybody who didnt want to pay for the bcaa membership for provincials wont want to go to the other 2 day events either.:-|[/quote]

well then what money would go to the clubs putting on these shoots? 25 dollars instead of the 50 for entry fees?

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I have no idea how much the bcaa would take from a club to be sanctioned.
But our clubs two day is 35 bucks . I am sure if we raised it up a bit and not loose attendance

hardnocks
07-13-2010, 09:01 AM
well then what money would go to the clubs putting on these shoots? 25 dollars instead of the 50 for entry fees?[/quote]
nothing to do with the clubs entry fee. if everyone shooting 3d payed 25 dollars a year to the bcaa . It would be a hell of a lot better then a few paying 50.

and how many shooters would we loose at 25 a year .

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
I have no idea how much the bcaa would take from a club to be sanctioned.
But our clubs two day is 35 bucks . I am sure if we raised it up a bit and not loose attendance

when you say raise it up a bit, how much do you mean? on one of your last posts it sounded like you were thinking half of the revenue per shooter? that is a huge chunk of money that is coming out of the pocket of the clubs hosting.

losing money could kill a club really fast i would think. as was stated earlier im sure wl will lose money on this shoot now for sure. i will have to wait and talk to a few of the people on the executive, but i wouldnt doubt a loss. especially when you take into consideration new targets, dinner, etc. 101 shooters for a provincial event is very poor attendance. i believe that the regular 2 day in wl earlier this year had more shooters. actually if it comes down to it i cant remember a 2 day in wl that has had under 100 shooters. so to me, that tells me that the cost of the membership into the bcaa for people who "just wanted to shoot", was a huge blow to the attendance.

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
well then what money would go to the clubs putting on these shoots? 25 dollars instead of the 50 for entry fees?
nothing to do with the clubs entry fee. if everyone shooting 3d payed 25 dollars a year to the bcaa . It would be a hell of a lot better then a few paying 50.

and how many shooters would we loose at 25 a year .[/quote]

again, i understand what your saying, but again im going to say that if we throw in one more "mandatory" fee for someone to go shoot and enjoy the hobby they love, it will be a real bitter pill for some to swallow.

i dont know if implementing an extra membership or extra cost is going to do anything to help. what im trying to say is there is alot of people who enjoy going to these shoots on the weekends not caring about scores, winning, medals, etc. these are the people who may never go to a provincial tournament. so now we are talking about making things cost more for these people to in reality make things cheaper for the few that ARE going to provincials.

swamper
07-13-2010, 09:22 AM
So after all this discussion about fees and memberships, can someone post the results. Who won what and who qualified for the team?

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 09:23 AM
So after all this discussion about fees and memberships, can someone post the results. Who won what and who qualified for the team?

was curious myself.

willyqbc
07-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Folks on the team

Brock Patton won M50 TRAD
Samantha Wright - won FBO
Leon Meir (SP?) - won MBO
Darren Mulrooney - 3rd MBO
Bernie Van Gylswick - won MBR
Bruce harper - 2nd MBR
Kevin Reimer - 3rd MBR (2nd and 3rd decided in a shoot-off)
Al Campsall - won M50 compound

Chris

Bowzone_Mikey
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
I personally was taken aback from the cost ... which is my fault ... I was expecting about 75 bucks for the weekend (end cost was 145 including 3 dinner tickets)... I didnt have a bcaa membership because I didnt join my local club this year, (I cant justify joining my local club when I dont have alot of time and I dont use their facilities as I have plenty of distance to shoot in my yard) ... The thing that Pissed me off the most is that they wanted 35 bucks for a BCAA membership for my 6 Year old to shoot 1 round with me ...so she came for a walk with me and my group on Saturday aft. That might have turned alot people off ... That said I dont mind "donating" my 45 BCAA fee to "Big Al" and Sammy, I knew at the back of my mind that there would be a BCAA fee ... At the time I figured 45 bucks was a bit steep tho

BHarp
07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Had a great time this weekend. Williams Lake put on a great shoot. Good trails, tough shots. Put a lot of faces to names. Looking forward to next year.

Bryan

Folks on the team

Brock Patton won M50 TRAD
Samantha Wright - won FBO
Leon Meir (SP?) - won MBO
Darren Mulrooney - 3rd MBO
Bernie Van Gylswick - won MBR
Bryan Harper - 2nd MBR
Kevin Reimer - 3rd MBR (2nd and 3rd decided in a shoot-off)
Al Campsall - won M50 compound

Chris

oldtimer
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Glad you had a good time Bryan, enjoyed meeting you and Mike and Crystal and Rob and Bertha ( our neighbours ) Congrats on making the team, as I mentioned you will have a good time with that bunch. Mike

willyqbc
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
WHOOPS!!! Sorry about that Bryan....you can give Samantha crap about that in Halifax....she was the one who gave me the list:-D Congrats on making the team by the way and good luck out east!

Chris