PDA

View Full Version : Bear in the rocks

BlacktailStalker
06-07-2010, 10:18 PM
A ten minute clip of a full day of bear hunting on the West Coast.

http://www.huntingfootage.com/videos?page=%3Dbrowser_content.videos.e2s%3Fupk%3D 72506&push=veep_browser_content_videos

digger dogger
06-07-2010, 11:00 PM
cool vid andy! how did you get up the mountain? must have cheated and got the dogs to haul ya up! lol always an adventure.
dave

cavebear
06-07-2010, 11:19 PM
i thought those days only happened to me!:mrgreen:

Barracuda
06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
great video . Alot of your cussing had me in laughing as we have all been there before.

Great job i really appreciated you posting it.:-D

BigBanger
06-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Dogs are easy my ass. Great video, thinking Ill stay in the truck.

pnbrock
06-08-2010, 06:08 AM
great vid you must have a little goat in ya .

BlacktailStalker
06-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Barracuda; Yeah its basically a glimpse for the nay sayers who are uneducated about what really happens with hounds, being it can be harder than ANY hunt they've ever been on and is by no means a sure thing.
Any of them who don't see the adventure in that has no true comprehension of what it is about and no appreciation of why we're out there in the outdoors to begin with.
A houndsman will walk away from more game in 1-2 years than most will in their whole life, stumble on more cool finds, sheds, new hunting holes, take more amazing pics, learn more about themself as a person, their physical and mental strengths etc and the list goes on and on.
I started in hounds because it enabled me to go where I enjoy being (most times!) at times when I wouldnt be there without hounds.
I've never had a hound ruin a hunt, argue, put a damper on a trip by bringing unnecessary b.s or any of the other things associated with people that can happen all too often on a hunt.

digger dogger
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
very well said andy! like you said. finding sheds and hunting holes is a wicked part of the hunt. getting to know your limits is another good thing about it..
i've learned recently that since i dislocated my shoulder. i don't think i'll do a solo dall hunt if i'm the only tag drawn. i said for years i would but honestly i don't think so anymore! irridium or not!

demlake
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Amazing footage.

The dogs' determination! Puts me in mind of sled dogs--born to run, and run all day and all night.

And it seems clear as an owner, you have to be just as determined.