PDA

View Full Version : blue tick pup worth

bushman69
06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Any one know what a blue tick pup is worth purebreed with papers or without ,as long as the mother and father have them.

Spokerider
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Worth and cost are two different things..........

Worth is in the eye of the beholder, therefore, a pup may be priceless to worthless, depending on your view.

Cost is another matter. Some pups a free, others cost anywhere from a few $$ up to several hundred or even more.

Thinking of getting a pup? The initial cost of the dog will be soon overshadowed by all of the other costs that a pup and dog ownership will incur, and is therefore pretty much irrelevant.

betteroffishing
06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
agreed , i have yet to pay for a dog , three were out of the park homers , only one was a foul ball. and while i didnt pay a purchase price for any of them , theyve left there mark on my wallet , thats for sure.

BlacktailStalker
06-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I'd pack those papers in your pack at all times, in case you need to start a fire on your hunt because thats as useful as they'll ever prove to be.
Pay what you feel it is worth, based on the abilities of the parents that you see.
I wouldn't buy a pup unless you have the opportunity to hunt with the parents (or know somebody knowledgeable enough to vouche for them)

SHAKER
06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Pup cost tend to vary on the demand at the time...... I've had litters that I couldn't give the pups away and other times they were all gone in days for decent hound pup prices. Grab a Full Cry magazine and see what the $$$ are down south.... often their is pups from good blood lines for less then $300. But a pup is always a gamble regardless how good the lines are.