PDA

View Full Version : 2010 - 2012 Hunting Synopsis

4 point
06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I just learned from the Fish & Wildlife website that the 2010 - 2012 Hunting Synopsis will be out in July. The more important fact is for the 1st time it will be effect for a 2 year period instead of only 1 year. What a great improvemnt this will be for planning. The fishing one was changed to the 2 year format several years ago and it realy makes sense. Took F & W awhile but they got it right now.

gutpile
06-03-2010, 11:41 AM
They will save alot of money that way.

Jelvis
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't wait to see the gos dates for hunting mule deer in 3, 5 and 8.
This could change in length of season for 5 and 8 and keep the deer hunters around home instead of coming to (my) ... Region 3.. lol .. good luck ...
Hi$ Jellyne$$

Steeleco
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
This could change in length of season for 5 and 8 and keep the deer hunters around home instead of coming to (my) ... Region 3.. lol .. good luck ...
Hi$ Jellyne$$

Jell, us LML'ers come out your way to meet the legend, the deer is just a bonus!!! :wink::wink:

The trouble with a 2 year book is all the potential changes that may happen. The fishing reg's change so often some time, I'm not sure why the print a book in the first place??

coquitlam
06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
They seem to be waking up and making some good changes this year. They also last year and I am sure this year had a App for the Iphone that I had the hunting regs and LEH on my phone. Blackberry probably does too

CanuckShooter
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
They will save alot of money that way.

If they want to save money they could start charging $$ for the books...or you could print your own from their website.

mfarrally
06-03-2010, 02:46 PM
If they want to save money they could start charging $$ for the books...or you could print your own from their website.

Ya good idea. I am definately guilty of grabbin too many of those things and ruining most of them. Funny though, my back road map books never get ruined

hillclimber
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Ya good idea. I am definately guilty of grabbin too many of those things and ruining most of them. Funny though, my back road map books never get ruined

Thats becuase the book cost's 25 bucks. I'm glad that it's for 2 years now... Do I hear whitey GOS for 2 seasons:)

sawmill
06-03-2010, 04:18 PM

SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
S.O B Gov. gets enough of my hard earned(and I DO mean hard labour)money as it is.If they want to save money cancell the stupid G-20 and the BILLION DOLLAR pricetag that goes with it.
Yeah I know one`s Fed and one`s Prov.Same shit,just a bigger pile.

igojuone
06-03-2010, 04:26 PM
If their for two years now I'll have to grab twice as many so I have enough to get me through two years.

igojuone
06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
S.O B Gov. gets enough of my hard earned(and I DO mean hard labour)money as it is.If they want to save money cancell the stupid G-20 and the BILLION DOLLAR pricetag that goes with it.
Yeah I know one`s Fed and one`s Prov.Same shit,just a bigger pile.

I agree, who are these people that just want to throw more $$ at the idiots in government. Throw it my way, at least you won't complain how it's spent most of the time.

mfarrally
06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=hillclimber;686761]Thats becuase the book cost's 25 bucks. I

that was my point

Darksith
06-03-2010, 05:22 PM
its good, unless you have a killer snow year and a lot of species get hit hard. Then what do they do? Send amendments?

OutWest
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi$ Jellyne$$

Jelly why would we want to come to region 3 when we have region 8 :wink:.

betteroffishing
06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
i think the book legally has to be made available free of charge due to its legal nature. it is the rules , they cant bust ya for not following the rules if they make it cumbersome to find them out . as it stands the co's in the province can make aeasonable assumption that everyone who hunts , has read the rules , their provided free of charge at the same place you bought your license and tags , remember we live in a province where judges throw out charges against grow ops that are busted due to the police not knocking on the door first. it doesnt have to make sence to be the way it has to be , it just has to make sence to our judiciary.

4 point
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I also found a free app for my Iphone that has the BC hunting regs. So if you don't have the book in the field you have it right on your phone where as I understand it the app is stored so you don't even need cell reception to access. Pretty cool.

EvanG
06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
its good, unless you have a killer snow year and a lot of species get hit hard. Then what do they do? Send amendments?

I assume it would be done much like it is now with any in season regulation changes. It would be your responsibility to double check online for and reg changes before heading out.

RayHill
06-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I heard that soon you will be buying your licences and tags online too. Big stores like Can tire and walmart are starting not to sell licences and tags for hunting and fishing. LOL you can buy all the gear you need just not the licence. The can tires in Richmond and in Squamish some in stores in Van don't sell them, it's so dumb

buck nash
06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I heard that soon you will be buying your licences and tags online too. Big stores like Can tire and walmart are starting not to sell licences and tags for hunting and fishing. LOL you can buy all the gear you need just not the licence. The can tires in Richmond and in Squamish some in stores in Van don't sell them, it's so dumb

I think thats cause they dont hire anyone over sixteen at can tire and don't pay anyone more than min wage. ends up taking 45 min to fill out a tag even when you walk them through it step by step. I guess the stores don't want all that high paid help wasting time with paying customers.

Fisher-Dude
06-04-2010, 05:47 AM

Yet you crusade against the HST. :? And you realize you'd be charged HST on the booklet too eh?

The LAST thing we need is more costs for new hunters, and hunters who plead ignorance of the law because they couldn't afford a booklet.

I think they should start charging Indians for licenses and tags, thus raising enough money to pay for some fuel for the CO's trucks. At an average of 6 moose tags each...

mfarrally
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
I think they should start charging Indians for licenses and tags, thus raising enough money to pay for some fuel for the CO's trucks. At an average of 6 moose tags each...[/QUOTE]

Thats an awesome idea! yet somehow i would still feel like i'm paying for it.

GoatGuy
06-04-2010, 08:28 AM

It will be online and likely in the media if it's a big change. They already do it for cougars in the Koots when the female quota has been reached.

Thing with our seasons now is they're pretty much fail-safe. There's very little in terms of GOS that would keep a population down even with a significant die-off.

Benelli FanBoy
06-07-2010, 11:30 AM

...The LAST thing we need is more costs for new hunters, and hunters who plead ignorance of the law because they couldn't afford a booklet...

Exactly, I think it should be required for anyone buying their hunting license to be given one, even if they don't want it.

But that doesn't work for the guys buying their license in April for the Spring Bear season.

yukon john
06-07-2010, 01:39 PM

I dont think that it is the books that cost the money its probably the 100's of hours sitting around the table arguing with GOABC, BCWF, natives etc, now they print a 2 year regulations and everybody has to live with it for 2 years saving 1 year worth or arguing. Rumor has it that they are thinking of a 5 year regulations in 2012

GoatGuy
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I dont think that it is the books that cost the money its probably the 100's of hours sitting around the table arguing with GOABC, BCWF, natives etc, now they print a 2 year regulations and everybody has to live with it for 2 years saving 1 year worth or arguing. Rumor has it that they are thinking of a 5 year regulations in 2012

When you look at how small the budget is after salaries are paid the synopsis are relatively expensive. Doing a re-run would be much more expensive so we'll have to do one run and hope it lasts for 2 years.

There are several good reasons to move to a 2 year regulation, one of them being the consultation process and response.

CanuckShooter
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Yet you crusade against the HST. :? And you realize you'd be charged HST on the booklet too eh?

The LAST thing we need is more costs for new hunters, and hunters who plead ignorance of the law because they couldn't afford a booklet.

I think they should start charging Indians for licenses and tags, thus raising enough money to pay for some fuel for the CO's trucks. At an average of 6 moose tags each...

I don't mind paying extra IF it goes towards enforcing our fish and game laws [HST goes into gen. revenue]....I don't like paying extra so Gordon Campbell can give his assistant another raise, or go on another junket to China.

The last time I checked pleading ignorance of the hunting laws isn't a valid defense??:mrgreen:

They cannot charge Indians for licenses and tags...it's unconstitutional. Besides there are so few of them [in the grand scope of things] that it wouldn't raise much extra money anyways! Gotta wonder why they would go to all the work of shooting six moose when your government will give them free beef??? Must have some sort of twisted work ethic???:mrgreen:

ve7iuq
06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Since they started putting paid ads in the regualtion books, the books are probably at least self supporting.

UncleJesse
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
They're online now!

Evolution
06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I also found a free app for my Iphone that has the BC hunting regs. So if you don't have the book in the field you have it right on your phone where as I understand it the app is stored so you don't even need cell reception to access. Pretty cool.

What is the app called, I couldnt find it

Evolution
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I already printed off the Region 4 regs which they did take away a specific hunt I had already booked my holiday for.

leadpillproductions
06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
reg 7b looks about the same little more time to hunt wt deer looks good to me

boxhitch
06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Reg 3 expands the wolf season, and reg 8 can't get one ? Or won't, til they reach the target numbers.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
reg 7b looks about the same little more time to hunt wt deer looks good to me

More time and no counting points....or was that in place last yr?

SSS

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
06-28-2010, 09:02 PM
pink mt elk 3 point and cow season!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yummy yummy i want elk in my tummy!!!!!!!!

leadpillproductions
06-28-2010, 11:03 PM

SSS
more time elk and moose shot in sept now i can hunt deer

J_T
06-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I would have to say the regs we see (reg 4) are certainly not the regs of hours of face to face consultation. Politics rules.

Steeleco
06-29-2010, 08:19 AM
I would have to say the regs we see (reg 4) are certainly not the regs of hours of face to face consultation. Politics rules.

Ain't that the truth. Lots of talk, with little to no results it seems?
Now with a 2 year span in the reg's, I don't think you'll see any significant changes till 2012 :neutral:

J_T
06-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Ain't that the truth. Lots of talk, with little to no results it seems?
Now with a 2 year span in the reg's, I don't think you'll see any significant changes till 2012 :neutral:
HAHA, we'd BETTER see some change before 2012. We have our advisory meeting tomorrow night and "I'm not ready to be nice".

bighornbob
06-29-2010, 08:48 AM
One thing people may have missed by just looking at their region and not the whole book from the start is the new ban on deer, elk and move from other provinces.

From the 1st page:

MAJOR REGULATION CHANGES FOR 2010-2012

It is prohibited to possess the head, hide, hoof, spinal column,
internal organ or mammary gland of any animal of the family
Cervidae (deer, elk, moose) that was killed outside British
Columbia. Possession of an out-of-province Cervidae hide that
has been treated in a manner that removes all tissue, or antlers
or parts of skulls that have had all tissues removed is permitted.
See page 24 for details.

BHB

d6dan
06-29-2010, 09:28 AM

SSS

No points is new this year.Only the 7-20a antlerless is the same..:-D

BlacktailStalker
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Reg 3 expands the wolf season, and reg 8 can't get one ? Or won't, til they reach the target numbers.

They'll wait til its too late to even put a dent in them.

d6dan
06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
They'll wait til its too late to even put a dent in them.

Maybe they want the wolves to clean up on some over populated whiteys?:wink:

behemoth
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM

In what way?

J_T
06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
In what way?Simply that the proposals discussed, voted on and sent on to Victoria are not the regulations we see.

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
One thing people may have missed by just looking at their region and not the whole book from the start is the new ban on deer, elk and move from other provinces.

From the 1st page:

MAJOR REGULATION CHANGES FOR 2010-2012

It is prohibited to possess the head, hide, hoof, spinal column,
internal organ or mammary gland of any animal of the family
Cervidae (deer, elk, moose) that was killed outside British
Columbia. Possession of an out-of-province Cervidae hide that
has been treated in a manner that removes all tissue, or antlers
or parts of skulls that have had all tissues removed is permitted.
See page 24 for details.

BHB

For CWD...

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 11:57 AM
HAHA, we'd BETTER see some change before 2012. We have our advisory meeting tomorrow night and "I'm not ready to be nice".

Wasn't your region so be nice to them.

Hopefully this opens some eyes.

J_T
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Wasn't your region so be nice to them.

Hopefully this opens some eyes. Naw, I'm holding out for an apology and admission they F__ked up. Collaboration has failed. Time for politics.

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Naw, I'm holding out for an apology and admission they F__ked up. Collaboration has failed. Time for politics.

Apologies don't drive change, results do. :wink:

J_T
06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Apologies don't drive change, results do. :wink:
No, but I'm a man of integrity and I'll provide others the opportunity to show their integrity. Integrity starts with accountability. Accountability can start with an apology. Anything less and any remaining desire I might have to be a part of change is gone and I feel, I'm the right kind of guy to be involved. I do see both sides and I am collaborative. But what they have done in Region 4 is so blatantly obvious a slap in the face of progress, there are just no words to describe it.

Gateholio
06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
What did they do in Reg 4 that is a slap in the face to progress?

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
No, but I'm a man of integrity and I'll provide others the opportunity to show their integrity. Integrity starts with accountability. Accountability can start with an apology. Anything less and any remaining desire I might have to be a part of change is gone and I feel, I'm the right kind of guy to be involved. I do see both sides and I am collaborative. But what they have done in Region 4 is so blatantly obvious a slap in the face of progress, there are just no words to describe it.

It wasn't 'your region', so unless you go to Victoria you'll never run into the 'they' whoever 'they are' and in any case don't expect an apology. It really doesn't matter, this isn't about 'you' so you're gonna have to get over the personal stuff real quick.

Integrity, accountability and transparency are feel good words that are used strictly out of convenience.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but seriously open your eyes. You aren't even scratching the surface here.

behemoth
06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Simply that the proposals discussed, voted on and sent on to Victoria are not the regulations we see.
Like what? What proposals were discussed by who and voted on by who?

I'm just trying to understand :confused:

J_T
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Like what? What proposals were discussed by who and voted on by who?

I'm just trying to understand :confused:Well, I don't mind having this discussion, but it would hijack the thread. I'm also not really in favour of being attacked by everyone which is normally the case on here.

J_T
06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
It wasn't 'your region', so unless you go to Victoria you'll never run into the 'they' whoever 'they are' and in any case don't expect an apology. It really doesn't matter, this isn't about 'you' so you're gonna have to get over the personal stuff real quick.

Integrity, accountability and transparency are feel good words that are used strictly out of convenience.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but seriously open your eyes. You aren't even scratching the surface here.
Well, you can choose to live without integrity and accountability if that's what you are saying. They mean more than just words of convenience to me, they are a lifestyle. This isn't about me, so please don't make it so. This is about all hunters and specifically about all the hunters and groups that I consult with as stakeholders during the process.

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Well, you can choose to live without integrity and accountability if that's what you are saying. They mean more than just words of convenience to me, they are a lifestyle. This isn't about me, so please don't make it so. This is about all hunters and specifically about all the hunters and groups that I consult with as stakeholders during the process.

I'm done, you don't get it.

behemoth
06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Well, I don't mind having this discussion, but it would hijack the thread. I'm also not really in favour of being attacked by everyone which is normally the case on here.
I think the thread is already pretty hijacked, but I would like to know what the issues are, perhaps you can start another thread?

J_T
06-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm done, you don't get it.
I think I understand it clearly. I just didn't like you diminishing personal values such as accountability and integrity. I understand decisions clearly. What you're saying is the work that advisory members do and the consultation we put in with our members is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. That the direction is cast in Victoria and it's Victoria who chooses what happens. Unless an interest is represented in Victoria there is no influence.

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I think I understand it clearly. I just didn't like you diminishing personal values such as accountability and integrity. I understand decisions clearly. What you're saying is the work that advisory members do and the consultation we put in with our members is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. That the direction is cast in Victoria and it's Victoria who chooses what happens. Unless an interest is represented in Victoria there is no influence.

They might be personal values but those are not values that government has, or is really able to possess, nor do other 'stakeholders' - you need to come to terms with that.

Representation in Victoria does not drive change either.

Clint_S
06-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Just say it JT
The bow only seasons took a shiit kicking :evil:

Steeleco
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Now back to the regularly scheduled programming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

J_T
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Just received word the late season region 4 bowhunt will be back in. Dec 1 -20th.

There are other issues as well though. Clint said it. Shows a lack of understanding and respect. Oh yah, that probably fits in with integrity and accountability. Not useful.

Elkaholic
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Well that is good to hear JT keep giving them hell.

Stevem63
07-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Well the new regs are out online http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/ :neutral:
But no late season bow in region 4 :cry:

d6dan
07-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Well the new regs are out online http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/ :neutral:
But no late season bow in region 4 :cry:

Really?. Read post #61.:wink:

Stevem63
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
He may well have heard that but there is no late season bow hunt in region 4 this year see for yourself: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/region4.pdf

d6dan
07-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I know. Apparently its a typo error..PM Fisher-Dude..He'll give you the info..

Stevem63
07-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks I'll look into that. Only aloud one whitetail Buck as well :icon_frow

paul
07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
is the printed reg book out yet?

leadpillproductions
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
yes they are

fuzzwilkens
09-24-2010, 02:05 AM
The iPhone app is called BC Hunting if you haven't found it.

J_T
09-24-2010, 07:05 AM
We still don't have the regulations for a late season whitetail hunt in Region 4. And the reg amendment to increase the late season whitetail hunt in Region 8.

The reg has been written. As I understand it, it is in the Minister's office.

Leaving it much later will make it irrelevant for many that need to make plans.

Mountain Hunter
10-16-2010, 11:04 AM
They have officially re-instated the late season archery season for whitetails in the Kootenays.

Announced yesterday:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/news/

C.Groves
02-28-2011, 01:46 PM
I just learned from the Fish & Wildlife website that the 2010 - 2012 Hunting Synopsis will be out in July. The more important fact is for the 1st time it will be effect for a 2 year period instead of only 1 year. What a great improvemnt this will be for planning. The fishing one was changed to the 2 year format several years ago and it realy makes sense. Took F & W awhile but they got it right now.

Well here is the 2010 - 2012 regulations. Just incase you didn't see them on there.

Click this LINK (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/) and scroll down