PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Big Game Super Raffle

David Heitsman
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure which Conservation group has put me on Arizona's mailing list but I received a flyer for the following raffle. It's likely because I buy an AZ hunting license every year.

www.arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com (http://www.arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com)

Anyway the short of it is that there are 10 species available with a 365 day season and the number of tickets you can buy is unlimited. The winners are automatically given a tag and AZ license.

I see there are a few Canadian ticket buyers each year. They make around $500K every year on this so it is quite well supported. They take credit cards so it's quite easy to order your tickets.

Tickets are cheap with $25 being the most expensive.

I wonder how much BC could make in the unlikely event that the same program was implemented here?

(Probably wouldn't even miss the Special Sheep / Elk funds.)

GoatGuy
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
According to the lawyers it would be against the law to raffle wildlife out of province.

David Heitsman
06-03-2010, 12:42 PM
against the law to raffle wildlife out of province.

Get the same lawyers to change the laws! Give them the first half million to get it done.

David Heitsman
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Just giving this a bump. Bought my tickets on-line again. I see in 2010 they sold 370K vs the 500K+ from years prior. Hopefully that improves my odds 20%. I also note that the elk tag generates as much revenue as the sheep tag . There is some interesting stats listed there not unlike the data that Goatguy posted last week regarding the BC tags and licenses. Anyway would be nice to get drawn for their desert tag. I do see tho that even with my $250 worth of desert tags, I'm still at 400 to 1! Oh well, a good cause I guess.