PDA

View Full Version : Clendenning Provincal Park

TIKA 300
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Anyone been in the Clendenning Provincal Park area ??? MU 2-6.Looking @ pics on Google Earth,looks like a pretty amazing place....... :mrgreen: even if only for hiking.

TIKA 300
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Anyone ??? On google earth,just south east of the park,there is a pic of a couple hunters crossing,what i believe said Simms Creek,looks like an old pic,but wondering if anyone has been in there ???

NorthShoreX
06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I've driven past it. It's quite a long drive to get in there, if I remember there's really no place to park, it's just the FSR running past the boundary of the park. It's a definite walk in only Provincial Park. I was there in 2006, so it's quite possible that there could be places to leave your vehicle now since the surrounding area is actively logged.

TIKA 300
06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
NorthshoreX,did you get in there via Elaho ???

NorthShoreX
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes I did. I came up from Squamish, as far as I know that's the only way in. When I was there the road dead ended at the beginning of the Stoltman Wilderness Trail that heads up to Meager Creek Hot Springs. Apparently that trail is only 24km but takes 4 days to complete. I hear it's well worth the trip.

But yeah, I took the Squamish River FSR then turned left on to the Elaho Main FSR. I just looked at my Back Road Map and there seems to be a road that accesses the West side of the river and goes to the South West side of the Park. The turn off for the road is the next main left turn after getting on to the Elaho Main FSR (according to the book).

TIKA 300
06-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks NSX,just looked it up in my backroads mapbook,described exactly as you said.....:mrgreen:

The wife and i are looking for places to explore this summer,so guess where that will be :wink: :wink:

EvanG
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.open-earth.org/document/readNature_main.php?natureId=286

I found this guys story on it last year and thought it was pretty cool.

EvanG
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
should give lots of info, truely untouched area and pretty unlikely you ll run into anyone

NorthShoreX
06-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks NSX,just looked it up in my backroads mapbook,described exactly as you said.....:mrgreen:

The wife and i are looking for places to explore this summer,so guess where that will be :wink: :wink:

I'm glad I could help. If you decide to check out the Stoltman Trail, there is a Douglas Fir tree that is named the Elaho Giant, I hear it's 10m diameter at the base. It's located near Sundown Creek, close to the start of the trail (there was a sign pointing to it's location when I was there). There is another one next to Last Chance Creek called the Grizzly Fir.