PDA

View Full Version : Bear Sighting

mtm
05-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Coming home from Kamloops last night spotted a nice 6'+ Brown Bear about 5 Km north of the old toll booth site. Thick, blocky boar, couldn't tell what the hide looked like but a nice Bear.

3kills
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
that bear has been hangin around there for a few years now. he is a beauty bear

Slime green cat
05-31-2010, 01:23 PM
that bear has been hangin around there for a few years now. he is a beauty bear
I was thinking the same thing ... saw one like that in about the same spot 2 years ago . I guess it could be the same one :confused:

BearSniper
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
That sounds like the "Hope Bear":-D

I got a picture of him last year near the chain up area on the Coq hill. Couldn't touch him as he was munching grass 50 m from the pavement.

He's evidently been seen everywhere from Kakawa Lake , Hope , the pipeline trail up the snowshed hill, and all around the Coquihalla lakes.

He's a brute. He'a kind of light chocolaty brown and in the sun looks a bit like cinammon.

Lota of HBC'ers here would like to get the scope on him , but he just seems to evade us all.

NaStY
05-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Ya seen him and another black one there a few times....

ROY-alty33
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Seen him in probably the same area. It was between the coldwater exit and the tool booth about 50 ft from the north bound lane. A definite monster. Than seen the "Hope Bear" that same evening, about the same distance from southbound lane just before the Othello exit. Both Brutes of bears for sure.

3kills
05-31-2010, 11:57 PM
my step mom use to work at the toll booths and she seen that bear lots goin back and forth all the time