PDA

View Full Version : Can I give a bear hide away head paws and all

log_roller
05-30-2010, 04:46 PM
shot a bear and was going to rug it out , but decided to keep just the meat for roni , skinned it all out today head and paws attached , not sure if its legal to give it away , it would be great to practice on or get done by someone else. it just seems like a waste to throw out located in chilliwack

Thanks guys someone took it off my hands

lilhoss
05-30-2010, 04:55 PM
We have a fur buyer here in mid-isle that buys them.$50.00 for as a small bear ,and up to $125 for a larger one,depending on shape,quality,etc.You'll need your cancelled tag number,and your licence.All legal.It is,as you said, a waste.Call a local taxidermist,they might send you in the right direction.From what I understand you legally own it once you have cancelled a tag and take it to your primary residence.You can give it to a buddy or neighbour,you just can't sell it to them,or they can't sell it for you.

Barracuda
05-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Is that the one in the picture?

Yes you can give it away ,if you want to save it for now throw it in the freezer.

I agree that it is a shame to chuck it but it isnt really any differnt to a deer. you could also just get it tanned?

log_roller
05-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I cant fit it in my freezer too much other stuff I was hoping someone would take it off my hands before it goes bad

bmw_hockey
05-30-2010, 10:39 PM
call jaime reynolds at high calibre taxidermy in chilliwack/agassiz he will buy if colour bear or one that is at least 6 ft.