PDA

View Full Version : solo stones

Ghost Stalker
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
well i am working out the logistics for a solo stone sheep hunt this year and need a few bits of help. i need to upgrade my sleeping bag for wheight and compactability are a problem with my current one. anyone have a good light compact and warm suggestion. i am also working on getting my food weight down aswell and have never been up there. was wondering about the availability of meat sources such as fish and chickens(ptarmigan). taking a whole month off and figure on spending 21 days in the back country. not sure if i am going to get a one way flight. another upgrade i am looking to do is my jacket and rain pants.. would like to find a coat that will be more of a multi-use coat. just trying to get my weight down as much as possible. gonna try and drop 20lbs on my body hopefully but eating salads for the next few months sound like no fun but will pay off around day 10 i figure. and any info on eddible plants and berrys would be good.. am looking up books now so if you have any good ones or read any lemme know please. every pond i don't have to take in will be that many extra miles i can cover.

bigwhiteys
05-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Sleeping Bag - Integral Designs (XPD0 or 1), Valandre (Bloody Mary), Taiga (1000 in 1 nights) or Western Mountaineering Antelope MF are all sleeping bags that are on my radar right now and would be suitable for most 3 season trips.

2-3lbs would be ideal bag weight... Take a good sleeping pad. Thermarest prolites, ridgerests, Exped downmats are all well liked.

As for meat to forage on I have never found much up high in sheep country, but in any of the rivers, larger creeks you should be able to catch Grayling/dollies at the very least.

I'd be packing freeze drieds if I were you. July/August there are usually abundant wild strawberries... I'll sit and feed on those for a few hours when possible.

Carl

dutchie
05-26-2010, 12:15 PM
There is a great book for doing your own freeze dried food. It is called "A fork in the Trail" by Laurie Ann March.

Also I would invest in a SPOT. 21 days out of contact is a long time... friends and relatives will be more comfortable knowing that you are safe.

Mountain Hardware makes a great bag called the Lamina. They are welded seams, not stitched, and you can get many different weights. I would go with a -15 to -20. I currently have the -7 and it is not warm enough for the zero degree temps.

I have a Downmat exped and will not part with it. I take my downmat and sleep on the floors of hotel rooms rather then the bed... I have a bad back and this is very comfortable.

I would recommend a Jetboil or the MSR Reactor for your cooking needs. (for a solo I would say jetboil for reduced bulk.) Both are great products.

Mountain Hardwere has a jacket called the hiker I think... It is made of E-Vent and is super light and more waterproof and breathable then Goretex. They are a little steep but not too bad. $235-$275 range. Same with thier pants($250). E-Vent is the new thing apparently... I love it.

I would look up some of Bigwhiteys posts on this topic as he runs a hunting blog and does tests and compares different products at a user level. Very knowlegable on his gear. He has grown up around sheep hunting, and is a good asset when you need info!

Dutchie

Ponderosa
05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
You could check out "Luxury Lite" they have a lightweight sleeping bag , sleeping pad and lightweight cot. I don't know what the sleeping bag or mat is like, but the cot is pretty nice.

Wild Images
05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I would talk with kennyj, he has done some great solo hunts

Ghost Stalker
05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
thx guys just wat i'm looking for.. got most other things as i do many solo or 2 man sheep hunts but for an extended 21 day hunt i would like to lighten up a bit. not a little fella and can handle the weight but every ounce counts. am gonna buy a dehydrator and have a good idea of dried foods to bring but fresh meat wakes for a happy tummy and a happy tummy makes the feet work better. been browsing the usual cabelas and MEC sites but hard to get a good guage on bags from their sites. thx agin for any info.

BCbillies
05-26-2010, 12:56 PM
For a 21 day solo hunt I would consider two airdrops in two locations in the high country each containing 7 to 10 days worth of food and salt. You would have to have your route somewhat established ahead of time. I wouldn't bank on finding sufficient food in the wild . . . I'd rather be hunting sheep than trying to figure out where my next meal is coming from. In the good ol days you would take a tender lamb early in the hunt and eat like a king . . . :-D Let me know if you want more info on airdrops.

Ghost Stalker
05-26-2010, 12:58 PM
can't find jacket dutchie. sure on the name?

Ghost Stalker
05-26-2010, 01:03 PM
ya need to talk to a friend about the air drop idea. he has been up there lots and knows the know.. the food thing is still a work in progress. if it is a total foot march would plan on 2 food drops along the way. don't want to depend on the land but if there is a fish along the way would be a lb i didn't have to carry. just in the beginning stages of planning. want to cover every angle i can and make the best choices with what i got to work with. always wanted to head up there and i ain't getting any younger and might aswell make a drean come true in spades.

boxhitch
05-26-2010, 01:13 PM
You'll want some kind of contact if you are successful in the first few days. Unless you can care for the cape to the finished dry stage, and dine on sheep as the days wind away.
Maybe make a cache at the drop off point, and use it as the hub for forays in different directions.

GoatGuy
05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
For a 21 day solo hunt I would consider two airdrops in two locations in the high country each containing 7 to 10 days worth of food and salt.

Smart guy.

I'd include a bottle of whiskey in each of the air drops. Just a suggestion.:wink:

Gateholio
05-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Smart guy.

I'd include a bottle of whiskey in each of the air drops. Just a suggestion.:wink:

I'd repack the whiskey in a steel or plastic bottle.

Speaking from hard earned experience.:(

GoatGuy
05-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I'd repack the whiskey in a steel or plastic bottle.

Speaking from hard earned experience.:(

It works in bubble wrap, but I agree steel or plastic bottle is probably best.

Nothing worse than wasting whiskey.

:cry::cry::cry:

rugeer
05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Lots of Alpine hunts end early for lack of water, make that a prioraty

dutchie
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
can't find jacket dutchie. sure on the name?

Sorry I lied, it is from Integral designs... I am getting the EV3 tent and Mountain Hardwear is on the mind from all the research I am doing.

http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=840&CFID=1943348&CFTOKEN=62321627

The pants are on that page aswell...

The hiker is nice because it has longer arms and a really nice hood as well as it comes down your bum so it is not so easy for your pack to have it creep up.

Dutchie

proguide66
05-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd probably not worry so much on loosing weight by dieting...go for building up your stamina instead...weight loss wil come along anyway.
I hit the sweat mill 4 to 5 times a week prior to guide season...(more to make sure my 34000$ hunter isnt waiting for his guide)...and I still loose 10 to 12lbs average from Aug1 to 15...EVERY TIME...each year....seems to be day 4 the ol legs kick in and I'm not sweating so much or hurting....
good luck !!!!!

Caribou_lou
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Nothing like training for a sheep hunt! Try to get out on as many hikes prior to the hunt as you can. Take a pack and put some weight in it.
I am in the same boat as you right now. Time to start thinking about it. I'm going for a jog tonight!

BCbillies
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
It works in bubble wrap, but I agree steel or plastic bottle is probably best.

Nothing worse than wasting whiskey.

:cry::cry::cry:

In addition to the bubble wrap . . . wrapping everything in duct tape really well is key to success.

bigwhiteys
05-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I've never been on the receiving end of an air drop but I've been the one doin' the dropping. Grandpa would open up the doors on the cub, back off the throttle and fly nice and low and then I'd toss out the box to the crew down below...

Booze was dropped many a time. I know he even lost his false teeth, trying to yell at the crew out the open door before they had a air-to-ground radio. This was after he'd already hand-written a note while flying and dropped it and they couldn't find it. They never found his teeth either Ha Ha!

Carl

Rubicon500
05-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Forget about cutting weight, id up the calories and exercise more. Last years late season hunt I lost close to 30 lbs in 13 days and I was Slim to begin with, looked like someone sucked the life out of me, that was after my dall sheep hunt in the summer as well. Hell im bulking up before this years hunt, the drive up is usually good for 7 lbs :mrgreen:

kennyj
05-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't try to loose weight. Train really hard and eat lots, your body will adapt.I find if I start out bellow my natural weight (too much salad not enough food) I'll feel weaker sooner.
kenny

southpaw
05-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Especially with your moms beef buns.:-D

BCrams
05-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Going solo for stone's will be quite an experience, especially for the planned 21 days.

I got my first Stone's ram on a solo trip. Needless to say, I'm also lucky nothing serious happened to me physically after a hard fall and as a result, I would be hard pressed to go for Stone's again on a remote trip solo.

Its not to detract from your goal as its a great experience and I know others who continue to go solo for sheep.

Start excersising now with your pack and build up the weight. I am already up to 50 lbs and feeling good and will be above my 'pack in weight' in a couple weeks and then a month of 80-120 lbs with the last 2 weeks before the trip taking it easy with long hikes and light 30 lb pack. The 'weight loss' will happen when you're sheep hunting .... build the strength and endurance right now (and in my case, I am trying not to lose weight right now).

whitetailsheds
05-26-2010, 10:06 PM
I know he even lost his false teeth, trying to yell at the crew out the open door before they had a air-to-ground radio. This was after he'd already hand-written a note while flying and dropped it and they couldn't find it. They never found his teeth either Ha Ha!
Carl

Sorry for the sidetrack......THAT is priceless! When's this book coming out Carl?

Ghost Stalker
05-27-2010, 02:26 AM
i agree not to loose weight before but i have put on a few more this yr than most. i too loose a bunch hunting and guiding. plus didn't get out for much shedding as i usually get out 50 or 60 days each spring and only got out a hand full of times. i drive rig and have been playing catch up for the last few months without much time for a hike, but now that my mind is made up the training will kick in. will be hiking most if not all weekends and a lil home work out regiment will help. any other ideas info tricks may help. i am quite expirienced but you can always learn something. only thing for sure now is that i am going. will continue to change plans for quite a while but i am going. the "solo on foot both ways backpack" really appeals to me cuz i already got my big horn that way and if i get a stone that way then cali and dall will have to be the same and that would be a bit of a rare accomplishment in my book, but the one way flight is still on my radar.

srupp
05-27-2010, 03:04 AM
I have done a bunch of solo backpack hunts..and the one for stones a couple -3 years ago was one of THE best experiences I have done hunting wise,,,,

Dont scrimp on quality..get THE BEST..Mountain hardware tents I have 2 both serve differnt hunts...quality sleeping gear...I get real 'sore" using anything but a quality sleeping pad..and find the bit more weight is worth it to me..having a totally bombproof/waterproof tent is sure a relief when those huge highwinds and rain come in.

A basic emergency first aid kit is a must...and good meds..

I agree with the SPOT comunication..small ,light, and very reliable...

TIP: when you want to pass a special message along with the older units..

pre-arrange a set of messages that are dependent on time..

for example when Tim and I need to be picked up by the float plane prior to our arranged end of a 10 day hunt ..we have it arranged with Susan(my wonderful wife ) that If I send a CHECK In message at EXACTLY 12 NOON...AND again at EXACTLY 1PM that means please contact the pilot and inform him we are ready to be picked up...we have several different messages that are all dependent on time...
If no special messages..we normally pick 6 pm to check in...

practice "extreme safety" never more than one foot off the ground, no climbing tall rocks jumping around..ever careful with knifes...giving thick treed areas plenty of room around..ie bear surprises at close range.

One only has to think of Len??the gentlemen who dissapeared a few years ago in Spattsizzi going solo..nothing was ever found of him...yet..

The food drop is a great idea..as 21days is a real long time and probably not doable by many to carry that much food, also plane the route/area with regards to water a couple of days w/o water and your plans WILL change..
Be brutal with the gear..only what you MUST have...take time to open those boots up and freshen up those feet...I even have washed the pair of socks Im not using..I like..well my FEET like those "silk" socks for wicking away moisture under my wool socks..I have not had much problems with my feet on any hunts..but I have exellent boots...the old Meindle Canadas'

As much as I loved the experience..I enjoy having soemone else there ..to me it makes it more fun...but compatability is a must...sometimes hard to find someone that shares the same goals, values, ethics, morals, and their idea of what the trip should go like is the same as yours...

Good luck

Steven:mrgreen:

Kody94
05-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Good for you Ghost Stalker. I've always wanted to do a 21 day solo hunt. A couple friends of mine have done it, and I've always been envious. The closest I've come was a 10 day solo trip (well, sort of solo, if you don't count my pack-dog!). It's one of the highlites of my hunting "career" so far, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat...although, one should heed BCrams caution...you need to play extra safe when you are by yourself.

BCHunterFSJ
05-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Srupp had excellent suggestions in his post. I have also done a few solo sheep hunts and most were some of the most satisfying experiences of my hunting career. However, on my last such hunt I came very, very close to dying. No more solo sheep hunts for me...my wife won't let me do it. (LOL ??).
Enjoy but be very careful out there!

BlacktailStalker
05-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Srupp had excellent suggestions in his post. I have also done a few solo sheep hunts and most were some of the most satisfying experiences of my hunting career. However, on my last such hunt I came very, very close to dying. No more solo sheep hunts for me...my wife won't let me do it. (LOL ??).
Enjoy but be very careful out there!

Care to tell the story ?

urbanhermit
05-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Care to tell the story ?
was it a bear encounter or a "cougar" encounter??

huntcoop
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
.... Hell im bulking up before this years hunt, the drive up is usually good for 7 lbs :mrgreen:

Great advice, I'm stating now as well...cheeseburgers, pizza and beer.....mmmmmmm burrrgers :wink: .

Twobucks
05-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Figure out the fuel consumption of your stove ahead of time -- and remember it takes more fuel at higher altitudes. White gas is really the only way to go if there's a chance of below freezing temps. And when you're calculating, don't forget how great a hot cup of tea/hot chocolate/coffee can be to warm you up and get fluids in you when you don't feel like drinking.

Good luck!

Ghost Stalker
06-10-2010, 05:23 AM
well i continue to work out the details and have a new question for yas. i am gonna be running a camera,gps and headlamps on AA's and will be documenting my journey on video and would like to trim down a few lbs in this department. does anyone know of a light weight solar panel or the like i could buy and charge batteries with as needed?

kootenayslam
06-10-2010, 07:36 AM
i'm also doing a solo stone hunt this year, can't wait, i am bringing my lab with me he just hit a year old so he's packing his own food for sure, i won't leave home with out the spot though it's got to be the best peice of equipment out there for peice of mind on a solo hunt. Good Luck up the Ghost Stalker maybe i'll bump into you along the way, and if i do maybe i'll be lucky enough to be at one of your airdropped whisky sites!

bighornbob
06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
well i continue to work out the details and have a new question for yas. i am gonna be running a camera,gps and headlamps on AA's and will be documenting my journey on video and would like to trim down a few lbs in this department. does anyone know of a light weight solar panel or the like i could buy and charge batteries with as needed?

How many batteries do you intend on using on the trip that will weigh more then a charger?

Your headlamp should last the whole trip on one set of batteries. If not get one of the new ones that uses AAA batteries, mine lasts a whole season on one set of batteries.

How are you using your GPS that it will drain batteries? Do you leave it on the whole time? If so why??? I maybe turn mine on 10-15 times a trip. I only use it to mark locations so I can get back to something in the dark (like my camp, trails, dropped pack, glassing points etc.) I never have it on for more then a few minites at a time. If I need to find something I have marked, I turn it on, see what direction it is and how far then shut it off. I turn it back on when I want to see how much farther.

The only thing I dont know about is the video camera, do they suck up a lot of batteries. Maybe look at getting one that is not on AA's. I had a point and shoot camera that took AA's (bought it so I only needed 1 extra set of batteries for either the camera or the GPS). I found the point and shoot sucked up the batteries pretty good and would need at least 4 extra just for the trip. I bought a new camera with the square lithium battery and it will take pictures all week with the same battery, no need for a backup.

I now only take 2 extra AA's just for the GPS.

BHB

bigwhiteys
06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah your charger deal would be hokey... Just take some extra batteries...

I have a:

SPOT (2AA)
GPS (2AA)
Headlamp (3AA)
Camera (2AA)

Headlamp as BHB says will last forever on one set, same with the GPS and SPOT providing you don't leave them on all the time.

Camera lasts quite a while if not using the flash...

Damn... I take a lot of batteries!

Carl

BCrams
06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah your charger deal would be hokey... Just take some extra batteries...

I have a:

SPOT (2AA)
GPS (2AA)
Headlamp (3AA)
Camera (2AA)

Headlamp as BHB says will last forever on one set, same with the GPS and SPOT providing you don't leave them on all the time.

Camera lasts quite a while if not using the flash...

Damn... I take a lot of batteries!

Carl

Now there's some weight saving opportunity for you Carl!! :-D jk

I just pack one set for GPS, one set for headlamp and 1 set in camera plus spare set (I take alot of photos / video footage).

stoneguide
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Big thing with your camera is to take pics then dont veiw them lots on the veiw finder. If your worried on batteries take a few extra pics and do less veiwing. The reviewing of your pics draws your battery way more than taking pics. Set the time it shows your pic after the shot to the absolute minimum.

As for the spot units, last year was the first year with one and it lasted a full stone guiding season(Aug. to mid Oct.) and my Alberta hunting season and is still on the same batteries.

And like was said your head lamp should last the season or use one set of replacment batteries at the most if you use it lots.

boxhitch
06-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Bite the bullet and buy Lithium AA's and AAAs. a few more bucks but they will last you two seasons, no spares needed. These truly have incredible lifespan, especially in electronics that only use the top ~15% of an alkaline battery before giving the low-power signal.
An alkaline that doesn't drive a camera or gps will have lots of life left for a light.

Ghost Stalker
06-10-2010, 01:03 PM
well the camera takes 4 AA's an is not replaceable as it is the only modle that i've found that can do what it does anywhere near the price range( i'm sure Dana will agree) Olympus 590. and i would never trust just one headlamp even on a weekend hunt. as for the GPS use would be minimal, but the video and hundreds of pic's are the kicker. i know it will be overkill but how many times in a live time does this type of hunt happen! i know nothing about solar pannels and hoped some one would know.

sako_300
06-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Not to be a negative nancy but if you can't trust a headlamp for a weekend trip I wouldn't be going on an extended solo sheep hunt in Northern BC... just me.

BCrams
06-10-2010, 05:43 PM
well the camera takes 4 AA's an is not replaceable as it is the only modle that i've found that can do what it does anywhere near the price range( i'm sure Dana will agree) Olympus 590. and i would never trust just one headlamp even on a weekend hunt. as for the GPS use would be minimal, but the video and hundreds of pic's are the kicker. i know it will be overkill but how many times in a live time does this type of hunt happen! i know nothing about solar pannels and hoped some one would know.

Look no further than a Brunton backpack solar panel.

Here's a start.

http://www.bluepacificsolar.com/solar-backpacks.html

jml11
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Look no further than a Brunton backpack solar panel.

Here's a start.

http://www.bluepacificsolar.com/solar-backpacks.html

Rams, did you guys use those solar panels to charge the sat phones when your worked for AW that year? We did but not sure if they had a universal port of not.

Ghoststalker, several years ago we used solar panels to charge sat phones on a 100 day project in the Muskwa-Kechika. They were just a bit smaller than a regular sheet of paper I believe, maybe 9" by 6" or something. They weren't all that heavy but would certainly take up a bit of space in the pack, a lot more than a few extra batteries. So they do exist and as quoted, BCrams has provided a link to some.

Someone stated lithium batteries already, they are quite expensive but you would probably not need to bring any spares. I believe a couple of AA's will run you $10-15 bucks depending on the brand.

Visle
06-10-2010, 08:49 PM
In 73 three of us went on a fly-in 2 week trip for stones.We used a GAZ single burner stove and used a lot more fuel than we thought we were going to.If we didn't find a solution it would have meant camping in the timber rather than the alpine for fuel but what saved the day was a part roll of aluminum foil.By making a cone around the stove shielding the heat from the open air we cooked our meals in record time , and had the best holiday (successful too) that I ever had.Foil is reusable and doesn't weigh much.

bridger
06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
how times have changed!! we have been on lots of three to four week trips sheep hunting in very remote areas; no headlamps, no gps, no sat phone, no spot just a lot of it doesn't matter we are going anyway attitude. not a criticism just an observation

Rams, did you guys use those solar panels to charge the sat phones when your worked for AW that year? We did but not sure if they had a universal port of not.

Ghoststalker, several years ago we used solar panels to charge sat phones on a 100 day project in the Muskwa-Kechika. They were just a bit smaller than a regular sheet of paper I believe, maybe 9" by 6" or something. They weren't all that heavy but would certainly take up a bit of space in the pack, a lot more than a few extra batteries. So they do exist and as quoted, BCrams has provided a link to some.

Someone stated lithium batteries already, they are quite expensive but you would probably not need to bring any spares. I believe a couple of AA's will run you $10-15 bucks depending on the brand.

Rubberfist
06-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm envious of you Ghost Stalker. I did a 5 day solo goat hunt (a very rewarding experience) and my family still gives me grief over it...a 21 day solo hunt would probably land me on "Intervention"...

Not sure what model/type of camera you're planning on taking, but for my 2 cents, I found the Sony Handycam to be invaluable: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-handycam-sdhc-camcorder-dcrsx43l-blue-dcrsx43l/10138735.aspx?path=aa63326f6ce652bab3e7f51d5efa4b9 een02

Reasonably priced ($300ish), 60x optical (not digital) zoom, tons of memory for video or stills, and you can buy a rechargeable battery that has in the neighborhood of 600 hours of life. The HD version yields higher quality video/stills, however you sacrifice optical zoom and storage.

Two other things that I found very useful:
http://nuun.com/index.php
I was initially skeptical of these, however I found them very useful for rehydration and staving off leg cramps (I sweat a lot). They also have a "cola" version (kona cola) that has a pinch of caffeine, if that floats your boat. Keeps water interesting.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=MRdYLkybqpTFcMhTgpcp 9y4YZvbp1KhRn8p09QDHMyTMPFstV321!-622010668?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443296303&bmUID=1276239256348
I'll never hike without these in my pack. I used them to ignite damp poplar in below zero weather, when I really needed a fire.

Best wishes on your trip!

Ghost Stalker
06-11-2010, 03:56 AM
thx so much so far and i wll have many more questions... but sako.... a headlamp for a weekend and 21 days is a little frigging different. i hope u meant a headlamo that last a year cuz if it fails after a weekend i am..... how you say? f...!" in trouble." like i said at the beginning i am open to all avenues but do have limitations and "goals". i want a BIG ram.. i want to document it.. wouldn't mind surviving it.. but most of all i want to make sure i leave no stone unturned in my research.21 DAYS ALONE IN THE BUSH... EVERY FOOTSTEP HAS TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR. never know when a suprise will jump out at ya and i wanna make sure i got my bases covered as best i can. thx bc rams for link. might have found my unicorn there.

Ghost Stalker
06-11-2010, 04:01 AM
oh ya. my cam is an olympus 590. 26X optical zoom with an 1.7X teleconverter lense. you have no idea of the capabilities of this cam... it is unreal. if you can find one buy it. with converter lense it is about 44x optical zoom.. plus the digital zoom it has. unbeleavable.

Ghost Stalker
06-11-2010, 04:02 AM
thank you so much again fellas

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
how did this trip end ...... a lot of good tips in this thread

The Dude
06-30-2012, 10:14 PM
yeah, I'm curious now too.......has anyone heard of him since then?

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
maybe he dident make it........ :-0

Krico
06-30-2012, 11:19 PM
maybe he dident make it........ :-0

Looks like he was on the site 5 days ago, I'm guessing he lived. Who knows if he made the trip or not...

The Dude
06-30-2012, 11:24 PM
My guess is he didn't, and kinda wanted the thread to die........ :-(
Until SOMEONE resurrected it!

schilly101
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
after reading this..I too am curious of how the trip went..

ActionJackson017
07-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Just adding my $0.02 with respect to batteries .. I order a couple dozen AA and AAA Sanyo Eneloop's off Amazon.com Might have cost a few bucks up front but they outperform standard copper tops like crazy in my electronics.