PDA

View Full Version : its not all about the kill!!!

ROEBUCK
05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
so after my early season bear with the 7mm.08.
I have been looking for another with the bow,came really really close last nite,but not close enough!
It was around 9pm and I noticed him to my left,in a clearing , he was not a big bear but with the bow any animal is a trophy!
He had no idea i was there.
I crept towards him and nocked an arrow.
I got to 30 yards and stopped,he still had no idea I was there.
I just did not feel comfortable with the high cross wind, or the fact that his legs were hidden behind the mound of dirt he was feeding over.
so i tried to get to 25 yards.were i stopped again .
I was just getting ready to draw my bow,when I got busted,and the bear turned and bolted away.
still had a great rush and a very memorable hunt,
bear hunting with the bow is absolutely awesome!!

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
05-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree...this is my first season bow hunting. With two nice rugs on the wall, I put the rifle away and am bow only. Had a stalk on a nice brown phase north of pg, but some anti's that happened to come down the road started honking to scare the bear away. sadly they succeeded, but it was still nice to have stalked him.

BromBones
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Indeed - if it were all about the kill, I'd have had so many dissapointing hunts I couldn't keep track.

Lots of fun getting up close like that. I don't bowhunt yet, but I like to put a stalk on bears I see just for the practice & fun.

thetackdriver
05-21-2010, 06:50 PM
I totally agree with you . I have more fun just putting the stalk on the animal then the kill itself. With over 72 bears spotted so far ive had more then my chance of killing one with the bow this year. Trying to find a big bear, get it on video and kill it with a bow is starting to become a challenge for me but boy is it ever fun.

ROEBUCK
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I totally agree with you . I have more fun just putting the stalk on the animal then the kill itself. With over 72 bears spotted so far ive had more then my chance of killing one with the bow this year. Trying to find a big bear, get it on video and kill it with a bow is starting to become a challenge for me but boy is it ever fun.

good luck on your quest!!

358mag
05-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Well if your part of the BCWF its all about the kill nothing about the hunt

ROEBUCK
05-21-2010, 07:45 PM

what??????????

Gateholio
05-21-2010, 08:17 PM
If it was about the kill, better to go buy a cow from a farmer and shoot it...

It's ALWAYS about the hunt.:-D

Gateholio
05-21-2010, 08:19 PM

Actually, the BCWF is more about conservation and the opportunity to hunt than killing anything, but that isn't relevant to this thread...

steepNdeep
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Right on Roe'! Sneakin' up close and personal on bears is good fun... it can get pretty intense once you stick'em... good luck.

ROEBUCK
05-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Right on Roe'! Sneakin' up close and personal on bears is good fun... it can get pretty intense once you stick'em... good luck.

your not wrong there its a buzz for sure!!
managed to take 1 at 15 yards last fall ,hope to get lucky again soon!!

good luck to you too!!!

Blktail
05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
That will make you feel alive!

hunter1947
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Stalking your asnimasls is tops on my list ,nothing more exciting then having then not know you are there :wink:..