PDA

View Full Version : Hunting off of Dewdney Trunk Road?

Crazy.kayaker
05-21-2010, 10:46 AM
So the planned Spring Bear hunt got canceled due to 2 people quitting where my brother works as they are now short handed and need him to train the new staff and now we are trying to find a place where we can go hunting 1 or 2 days from around Vancouver since all the camping gear is in Kamloops where we were gonna go to pick it up before heading up to the hunting grounds I had picked.

My brother was thinking we should go hunting off of the Dewdney Trunk Road and I have no idea where to go so I am asking the locals who can point us in the right direction.

After the long weekend I still have the time off so I'm planning on going off to where I originally planned to hunt but I would like to give my brother 1 or 2 days of hunting instead of the original 9 days we had planned for and would like any help in places to go. I drive a Mazda B3000 so I have a small pickup so I can get around though I have left most of my gear including my boots at home so I just have my shoes here though I'm not against walking in them where as my brother will be fully equipped as he has his equipment here. I'll be using a TC 45/70 and he will be using a Marlin XL7 30-06.

With that information where would you all recommend we try looking for a bear or two? My brother will be the shooter First me Second.

CK

Popove
05-21-2010, 11:22 AM
This is a joke right?? Dewdney Trunk road, HA ha ha. I live of Dewdeny, and its a main road man, paved all the way. Unless there is another one with the exact same name, which i highly doubt. Why not hunt on lougheed highway. No dont that was a joke too.

Try the skajit valley, way better chance there and you can actually legally hunt there. If you wanted to hunt in the lower-mainland, you need special liability insurance anyway. So seriously try the skajit valley, you will see some bears.

Good luck

arcadia
05-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Come back to the the loops where you were last year. You saw 4 bears that day.

BigBanger
05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm thinking you are thinking about Halkinspickle road. Ive see bears up that way before. Lots and lots of ATVs up there so you would have to way in and up.

BearSniper
05-21-2010, 07:57 PM
All good points

I wouldn't hunt anywhere near Mission, Aggasiz, Harrison this weekend.

Lots of drunks, quads, and a combination thereof.

Likely 2 people will be killed in there this weekend, so you'll be passing the Coroners wagon all day.