PDA

View Full Version : Blonde bears

gutpile
05-21-2010, 01:47 AM
I have heard that blonde bears don't get very big ,i have never seen a large blonde black bear. Has any one seen a good size blonde or different color ? at 6 foot or more.

Hotshoe
05-21-2010, 02:17 AM
AB & SK are hotbeds for colour phase Bears. They are highly prized so as a result fewer make it to maturity and with fewer to begin with there are few that become "big". Having said that there are "book" sized chocolate's and cinnamon phase bears taken every year, just not many. As far as a true blonde goes I have never seen a monster get taken that was blonde as a California beach bum but I also know coloured bears tend to get darker with age as well, so a young blonde may actually mature into a light cinnamon.

~T-BONE~
05-21-2010, 04:32 AM
They are there! Seen one this spring in the interior (on private land) and one local which I screwed up on and have never seen again! About 5 years ago.....

hardnocks
05-21-2010, 06:28 AM
i have never seen a real blonde. but lots of cinninons and chocolates. most of the big ones are females...that i see

05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
They say Blondes have more fun ....... and can kind of be dense or stupid at times ... somewhat uneducated. Easy to take while in the field and get in the bush. They love flowers too, great bait, works every time, they have wine too..... not growl .

CT

mark
05-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Ive seen one in my life, about 5 ft'. Then someone shot one in the same area, probably why they dont get big!

KB90
05-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Seen a Beautiful Blonde bear on the way home from work at the mine last night. We could see it wayyyy up the road, we originally thought it was an elk, but turned out to be a bear.

Too bad were not allowed to have rifles in the truck...

rocket
05-21-2010, 08:59 PM
seen a couple blondes in cariboo, bowhunting stalked one to under 50 yards, would guess he was over 6', (forgot my camera) just never know how big til they are on the ground but you always can tell big bears, usually say holy crap that's a big bear.

steepNdeep
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I have heard that blonde bears don't get very big ,i have never seen a large blonde black bear. Has any one seen a good size blonde or different color ? at 6 foot or more.

Blonde fur on a bear is like wearin' a target... I think you'd find a lot of blonde toilet lid cover-sized pelts in people's basements...:roll: I've seen one big blonde but he was fast...

TRACKnTRAIL
05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
My buddy took one last year that was 6'11. I will try and get him to post the pics. It is the biggest blonde I've seen, but I have seen bigger brown bears.

srupp
05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
My "Farrah Fawcett " blond bear..was blond with brown leggings and went 6' (squared 6'4" ) bout the best blond I have seen..and wasnt completely blond..legs were brown so that may not count??

Srr