PDA

View Full Version : BARBARIAN SaGa pt III

BiG Boar
05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Barbarian saga 3

Continued from BARBARIAN SaGa Part II

The morning was bright and clear, and as bears don’t wake up too early I didn’t either. Besides camping with 3 girls and people who are here for a holiday, no one wants to get up early. I decided to hike up the same hill and see what might be feeding on the carcass. I was actually just going to pinch one off, so of course I had no gun in hand.

As I crested the hill something flashed only for a second past my eyes right near the carcass. A dog….some kind of wild dog! I didn’t stop to look. With a gut wrenching feeling of cramps I ran tight legged back to the camp. No time to crap. Where is the clip?!! Oh no…searching took some 20 seconds, which seemed forever! I SLAMED the clip into the 300 and raced half bent over toward the hill. As I crested the hill there was nothing there on the carcass except vultures. I sat down to wait. The devil beast might be in the bush feeding.

Looking through the binos something had dragged the carcass of the bear at least 10 yards. That carcass still had to weigh 100 lbs. I wondered what it might be as open-sights sat down with his gun to join me. We waited, waited, and waited. The wind was shifty and the sun was peeking over the power lines. I wasn’t sure it would be back out, but I thought with a tasty bear like that, there was a good chance. I moved 30 yards to my right getting a position, which could better look into the woods.

As I waited I watched the eagles and vultures sitting above in the trees and feeding on the now dead wolf and bear. I had my guesses of what had moved that carcass, but I couldn’t be sure. We decided on 10 more minutes, and then it would be breakfast. At about 9 minutes I caught a face and ears poking out of the bush next to the carcass. A coyote! Now for most people this wouldn’t be exciting. However for myself, I have never had the opportunity to shoot one. Actually, I had just last winter, but I missed at 260 yards because I forgot to zoom in the scope. You see the adrenaline that courses through my body when I am on a hunt and see a legal animal is indescribable. Most of my friends who have hunted with me can attest to the fact that they have never seen anyone get so excited about anything. I can’t describe the feeling, but I have planned out each hunt and shot in my mind on each animal that when it is go time I am ready, and ready quickly, the only thing that matters is baggin whatever animal it is. One time I actually left my truck in drive getting out to shoot a stinkin doe! Never heard the end of that one. Luckily my hunting partner was fumbling in the truck and thank goodness he was able to put it in park, as things could have turned sour really quick. But I was excited to cross another animal off my BC slam and so excited in fact that I didn’t wait to see if any more would show up for my friend OS to shoot. I guess they do travel together occasionally, but 5 steps out of the woods I was squeezing the trigger.

Nothing came of the squeeze though. I flicked the safety forward and took another breath. The gun was steady on my sitting position Harris bipod. The coyote took 2 more steps quartering slightly away and with the cross hairs on the heart I touched off a shot. Speeding through the air at 2930fps, the 200-gr TSX grizzly load caught the varmint cur in front of the leg and tore open a gash in its chest. Bang flop again.

I celebrated my fortune when the girls showed up with mimosas in hand! Skinned him out for a full mount and then I did what some members on here have only dreamed of. I drew the blade along his back and cut out a loin. Onto the fire it went on a stick. Since rishu had always talked about being the coyote chef I thought it might be time to beat him to the punch. Roasting directly over the fire seasoned with fresh ground salt and pepper, I wondered how the cat eater would taste to my pallet.

The coyote was skinned for a full mount and was absolutely beautiful fur. A tri color, It had no mange on it and looked absolutely terrific. With a huge bushy tail and a bright orange muzzle.

After a 30-minute roast he was done to a perfect soft medium. Not what I was about to eat, so I put him back on and basted him down with some franks red hot sauce. I will never think of a hot dog quite the same. Three of us, Open-sights, my sister and I indulged on the tasty morsels. I wouldn’t recommend it, and my sister did spit it out shortly after OS said it had a nasty after bite, but I can’t say, as it was terrible. Hey in this dog eat dog world, every dog has its day.

After 2 more days of sunning ourselves and hunting hard, we never got the girls a bear. It was time to pack up and hit the trail. And that’s where Open sights and I were headed. Trail BC. There are many animals in trail, but we were headed there for something specific….To be continued…..

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_7512.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_7502.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_2586.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_2583.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_2584.jpg

BiG Boar
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_2591.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_2592.jpg

05-20-2010, 12:35 PM
You have got to b kidding me................

Stone Sheep Steve
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
You're a born entertainer, Bigbore!!!:-D

Loved all three and looking forward to part IV!

SSS

05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Definatly need pt IV and a V

Brew
05-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Great story again. I cant believe you ate a that thing. This saga is gettin better. saga part IV is sure to be a good one.

MB_Boy
05-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Great stories and congrats!!

I really hope your junk is not hiding in the shadows of what appears to be your "skirt" in the second pic!:mrgreen: :-o

BCrams
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
You're hilarious. Looking foward to part IV.

BimmerBob
05-20-2010, 01:14 PM
You crazy hotdog you... Great story Dave!

I am just wondering though, did you hold the loaf until after the doggy was shot, I am starting to cramp up wondering? :wink::confused:

d6dan
05-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Woo ah,you've got more savvy than most here!!. Eating dog is just wrong!. I'll give you that Bigbore!!,and hope you didn't get the runs:mrgreen:.Thanks for sharing...You know, you do write an awesome story:-D. Looking forward to part 4..

open-sights
05-20-2010, 01:41 PM
LMAO!!! My new favorite thread! Love it buddy!

05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
This is the only thread when i look at it to see whats goin on that i have to zip past the photo of the 'yote Q. That is just plain wrong

BlacktailStalker
05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Dude, get out from under the powerlines, the adverse effects of radiation is clear, eating coyote (they lick their own ass), affectionate sisters, man boobies on HBC...
Pretty wild getting another wolf though :cool:

huntcoop
05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Dude, get out from under the powerlines, the adverse effects of radiation is clear, eating coyote (they lick their own ass), affectionate sisters, man boobies on HBC...
Pretty wild getting another wolf though :cool:

I think the chunk of wood in the ear has finally started leaching gype into the brain :shock:

05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
so we all want to know....what did it taste like?

Caribou_lou
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
I was feeling a bit hungry.......Not so much after seeing those photos.
Good story. Bet it was tender. Taste alright
?

BiG Boar
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
It tasted like red meat to me. Nothing a cold beer wouldn't wash down. I wouldnt recommend it, but it is edible. It was heavily basted in sauce. And, people that is my wife kissing me, not my sister. Now I have to look up gype.

Phil
05-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Buuhuhaaa! That is nasty! Good on ya for trying it though. Nice shooting.

Kody94
05-20-2010, 03:49 PM
It tasted like red meat to me. Nothing a cold beer wouldn't wash down. I wouldnt recommend it, but it is edible. It was heavily basted in sauce. And, people that is my wife kissing me, not my sister. Now I have to look up gype.

About 20 years ago I cooked some 'yote over a fire and ate it. No sauce, or even salt/pepper.

I will only try it again if I am starving and have run out of rawhide to boil.

Kody94
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
And, people that is my wife kissing me, not my sister.

You can tell who was paying attention to all your Africa pictures, and who didn't, eh?

pg83
05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Great stories and pics. Were you camped up on the Malaspina powerstation road? I ran into a beauty Rosey there last fall while I was scouting for my Sechelt elk draw.

Albafly
05-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Is that a utilikilt you're rockin? They're sweet! Not a skirt at all- you can fit about a dozen beer in the various pockets!

Great pics and stories too- thanks!

pnbrock
05-20-2010, 05:44 PM
In The Picture Of Skinned Out Animal Is That A Leash ?

huntcoop
05-20-2010, 06:07 PM
... Now I have to look up gype.

I'm just jealous that 'ur hunting with 3 ladies, my hunting partners are harry dudes that snore and drink too much :( .

open-sights
05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
In The Picture Of Skinned Out Animal Is That A Leash ?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Come on Spot, now sit! Stay!!! O.k. Spot, fetch, go get it boy, go get it, good boy Spot, have a rest!
Will be the lore for many many campfires in years to come.

BromBones
05-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Not many people are brave enough to eat coyote.:mrgreen:

You got balls, man. Literally - I can see them hanging out from under your dress.:?

peashooter
05-20-2010, 08:47 PM
oh the old prairie oyster trick huh. i call photo shop. :mrgreen:

Ambush
05-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I think you been hanging out with THEWALKINGSLAUGHTERHOUSE for too long.

Coyote meat stinks when it's raw and it stinks even worse when you start cooking it. You got my vote as the 'Iron Guts' champ.

BigBanger
05-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Nice balls!!!!!!! WTF , I see nuts. Nice that you ate the yote and all but dude your balls are hanging out. Thats funny shit.

dutchie
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Not many people are brave enough to eat coyote.:mrgreen:

You got balls, man. Literally - I can see them hanging out from under your dress.:?

Nice balls!!!!!!! WTF , I see nuts. Nice that you ate the yote and all but dude your balls are hanging out. Thats funny shit.

Well Bigbore and Mrs Bigbore... it took till page 3 for someone to notice.

Dutchie

pnbrock
05-21-2010, 05:58 AM
holly cow it took three pages to realize hes wearing a skirt.brom bones hint wasnt enogh.

peashooter
05-21-2010, 06:36 AM
check out mb's post #7

BiG Boar
05-21-2010, 06:54 AM
holly cow it took three pages to realize hes wearing a skirt.brom bones hint wasnt enogh.

Its a kilt, if I wore something under it, THEN it would be a skirt.
Designed to store and hold 20 bottles of beer. It also sneaks 26's of whisky quite nicely. Got past a police check at the olympics with one in my pocket. However the night ended poorly for those involved. :icon_frow

Blainer
05-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Great thread Bigbore14.
You have had some great luck on wolves and this most recent one(1st thread) is a fine looking dog.
I just returned home from my grizz draw,unfortunately only seen a big sow with a couple 2 year old cubs,but the 100+ elk sightings a day was neat to see.
Look forward to the next chapter

Tikka270wsm
05-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Another entertaining thread man! Looking forward to part 4.

pnbrock
05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
are we going to see your smallbore in part 4?

05-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Well Bigbore and Mrs Bigbore... it took till page 3 for someone to notice.

Dutchie

That is a good thing. As it is not the first thing I look for. Actually its not any thing i look for.

pnbrock
05-21-2010, 08:25 AM
sorry Dave i couldnt resist teasing you,nice balls .anyone willing to eat a nasty yote is far more man than i.

pupper
05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I was going to ask what was just above the coyote's head and left of his ear, but i guess it is what i really hoped it wasnt. you have my permission to photoshop your junk out of your trophy picture.

abbyfireguy
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
I hope your rabies shots are up to date...:-D

Tenacious Billy
05-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Disgusting and equally entertaining!

BiG Boar
05-21-2010, 12:40 PM
I am just finishing part 4. Its really part 5 that things get awsome!

05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
post it! post it!

The Hermit
05-21-2010, 05:31 PM
A hahahaha I enjoyed this thread muchly!! Waiting on the next part!