PDA

View Full Version : Color Phase

wunderboy
05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
I am willing to give up the location of a color phase bear to the person with the best bear recipe. The location is near vernon.

boxhitch
05-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Bear steaks marinade in 1516, wash down with rest of 24.

wunderboy
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
bonus points for using a local beer

boxhitch
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Good beer, even though they have whored out to other labels

ufishifish2
05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey Boxhitch, notice wunderboys # of posts? The first one for this thread was also his first post, meaning it was probably the mandatory joke. You'll never find out the magical location of the color phase bear cause he was only pullin' our legs!!
Not a very good joke in my opinion!

cavebear
05-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I suggest heading out around 2pm find some nice southern facing slopes, pack some sandwhiches and some gatorade, bring your meatpack. sit watch relax glass that slope. This is my best recipe for finding a good bear without dogs:-D

wunderboy
05-19-2010, 10:25 PM
oh ufish you just put yourself out of the running:-D. I'll pick the winner tomorrow evening so they have time to get out there over the long weekend. Just as long as winner leaves the meat bears for me!

Bear Chaser
05-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I am willing to give up the location of a color phase bear to the person with the best bear recipe. The location is near vernon.

Wow!! Tempting!! A 1000 + km drive for a bear of undetermined color other than black of unsubstantiated size. I'd yawn if that wasn't so funny.
That truly is a joke.
Pictures of said bear would sweeten the pot not to mention the fact that if it is so special why not shoot it yourself?

BCBear
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow!! Tempting!! A 1000 + km drive for a bear of undetermined color other than black of unsubstantiated size. I'd yawn if that wasn't so funny.
That truly is a joke.
Pictures of said bear would sweeten the pot not to mention the fact that if it is so special why not shoot it yourself?

for sure...I don't know about the island but on the mainland those things are everywhere, sure they're nice, but certainly not in the least bit rare.

wunderboy
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
lol guys on this forum need a life. i asked for a recipe not your kidney. I only meat hunt and want to stop using all the meat for sausage.

Bear Chaser
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
lol guys on this forum need a life. i asked for a recipe not your kidney. I only meat hunt and want to stop using all the meat for sausage.

Hey you are up to 4 posts. Congratulations.
Seriously bear stew, bear shishkabobs, bear chili, bear ham, bear roast, bear stirfry, bear lasagna, bear goulash, bear steak, bear creole, bear sandwich...............I think that's about it.

wunderboy
05-19-2010, 11:07 PM
bear chaser your a pro, you can name several things people do with a bear. Why is it an insult to not have posted on this site? Is this an exclusive place where only the best can post? I thought this was were people who love the outdoors can get to together and share idea's and stories. Clearly I was wrong its for people like you to ruin the fun of seeing a pretty bear and wanting to hear some idea's on ways to cook them.

If you want you can teach me how to post properly on this site and I'll teach you how to make some friends so you can share your wisdom with.

Bear Chaser
05-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey nothing mean or serious meant here. Just trying to lighten things up a bit on a Wednesday night. If you've seen the movie Forrest Gump you will get the joke in my last post.
As for recipes there are more than a few in the Recipes section of this website. Take a look and give some a try is the best advice I can give.

Ambush
05-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Welcome to the site Wunderboy. Sounds like you can hold your own, which won't be appreciated by all.

My favoutite way to use bear is for jerky. Other than that, substitute bear anywhere you would use beef.

wunderboy
05-20-2010, 06:27 AM
thanks ambush