PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo 3D Shoot

Caretaker
05-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey all you 3D shooters
One Hellofagood 3D shoot comeing up in Nanaimo on June 12,13, two courses on Sat. and Sun. Pot Luck supper on Sat. Eve. along with a great Salmon BBQ, might even be a few oysters on the barbi, lots of room for free camping.
hope to see you all there, allways a good shoot at Nanaimo.:mrgreen:

mikeinajeep
05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Club name? Address?

358win
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been bag shooting for 6 months now and I will find out if I
am ready for hunting after this shoot. I guess it depends on how well I do. I'll be there for Saturday only because of work schedules. HBC hat on.

Anyone else here going?

Bow Walker
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm finally going to make a shoot - YAHOO!!. I've been out of the "circuit" now for about 4 or 5 years.

See you all there - HBC hat on my grey-haired head.

Mike - Nanaimo Fish n Game Club. Google it and you'll get driving directions along with a map.

Bow Walker
06-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Just got in from the 2-dayer up in Nanaimo. Allergies were/are so bad that I couldn't shoot today. :evil: It was hell going out for the afternoon round yesterday (Saturday), but I was determined to see the full day through.

My impression(s)? GREAT SHOOT!!

Well setup, easy trails, plus some interesting and somewhat challenging shoots. Huge congratulations to John Noble (and crew) for working their butts off to get the 45 targets (split into "A" and "B" courses) setup and operational.

There were some very interesting shots, namely - a beaver at approx 27 yards across open water, the infamous NFG Moose setup at a deceptive (very hard to judge) distance across the stream and through some trees, a cougar laying on a log/branch that was up about 5 feet off the ground in the middle of the bush (that one was a proper "B" to judge), and an interesting bonus-points shot involving a coyote and a boar set out across (and down into) a ravine.

Obviously some extra thought went into planning the courses and the types of shots. Devious booger, is that Nobby :twisted:

All I know is that I enjoyed myself immensely and got re-acquainted with some old friends. Also met some new people as well. I didn't shoot worth mentioning - to be expected, I guess, but I didn't really care - although i tried my darndest. Rusty yardage judging skills - that's all I'll say about that.

The dinner on Saturday night was really, good. Elk, Whitetail, Blacktail, Salmon, Oysters, all of it was delicious. I'm going on hearsay about the oysters though. I can't (and won't) eat the things. Although whoever did eat them raved about them. They sure disappeared fast enough.

Well done to the NFG guys and gals.:mrgreen:

358win
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I enjoyed my first 3-D there too. The last on course B, down hill into the dark timber for a cat, and the last on A very steep into the 1/4 ing away deer were excelent. Although the 10 ring is close to the shoulder 'n low on them all, I was always aiming for the double lung shot and thus got allot of 8's.

I went for a walk at lunch to the fish pond. Man I was wishing I was 12 then. 2 lb plus trout :)