PDA

View Full Version : BARBARIAN SaGa pt II

BiG Boar
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Continued from “the BARBARIAN SaGa”

As I peered back the 200 yards I saw what looked to be a bear looking right at us. It is illegal to shoot a bear standing over bait. However this animal wasn’t near the carcass from the animal we had shot the night before and clearly wasn’t feeding on it. Our meat was stored right at camp so I didn’t question that we were doing something illegal. “There’s a bear” I exclaimed…. my sister disappointed with her luck so far had her doubts and replied; “no….it’s a stump”. I said, “Lets go get you your first bear!” I extended my arms outwards and asked her to pass me the 22…Yes….the 22! As I drew the scope upwards towards my eye, what I saw between the crosshairs was no bear…. It was a wolf!

A pure black wolf…proudly perched atop a hill, looking down on a valley. I couldn’t believe my eyes, nor my luck. Most people do not get the opportunity to see one in a lifetime, and I had bagged a beauty not even a month earlier. The shot was too far to take with the 22, as I passed the gun to my sister and told her to keep the wolf in her sights I tore off back to camp to get my trusty 300 Winchester magnum.

As I approached camp the smell of bacon wafted towards me…breakfast was being prepared, there’s nothing better than bagging a wolf besides bagging a wolf knowing that there is a hearty breakfast being prepared for you back at camp…even if they have yet to slay an animal they sure know how to cook one! As my sister waited, watching through the scope of the 22, anticipating the possibility of a pack approaching I snuck back towards her armed and ready, ever careful not to scare away the prey.

Sitting on a small hill, 200 yards from the wolf I put the 200 win mag crosshairs on the chest of the wolf, eased the trigger back and let the 200 grain barns tsx hand loads hit the chest of the savage bitch. She dropped dead in her tracks, without so much as a blink. With a “Woooo!!!” let out like Ric Flair looking back at camp, I couldn’t believe my luck in bagging 2 wolves within 2 weeks. My sisters smile lit up the valley, beaming ear to ear….” Wow! I can’t believe it…did you see that thing drop”? Excited to see the dog up close, we dashed towards the black beauty.

There in a slump lay the jet black, lustrous she wolf. With a look of innocence on her face, my sister turns towards me and asked “What do you think she uses to get that coat so shiny? Herbal Essences? ” On approach one of her rear hind legs was tucked under her dead carcass. My sister then asked if we had shot a 3-legged wolf, just then we noticed that it was hidden beneath her body. We headed back to camp to pick up the truck. As we celebrated our way back to camp we notified the people at camp loudly of the take down. Then we drove the truck back up atop the hill, the fine ladies, one in pink pants lifted the remains atop a rock to get a photo of my prize. The mirrors and lip-gloss were making a second appearance and that was okay, I was just hoping they would make a third. I snapped a few shots, skinned the wolf for a pedestal mount and just then another friend from the web site showed up. A stand up guy by the code name open-sights.

We hunted hard that night for the ladies to bag a bear, and my wife did shoot at her first bear, though it was a clean miss. We saw more sign and found more new areas but luck wasn’t in the cards that night.

The next morning I woke up and headed for a short hike up the hill as now I was hoping for wolves. As I crested the hill something flashed across the carcass…..to be continued.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_7424.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_7417.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_7402.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/bigbore14/IMG_7437.jpg

05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
You most certainly have a flair for writing a good tell.
digging the pics too. Maybe when i get organized i'll put a thread of this epic perportion togeather.
Nice lookin wolf

luckynuts
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Congrats on the wolf!

Pure Blacks are hard to find. I have yet to see or shoot one, and I have shot 2 blacks. Though still not a bad coat for may. did she have swollen teats? Up here we have a season so no wolfies until August:evil:

srupp
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
hmmmm and WHY is Corey wearing YOUR boots....

SRR

Kody94
05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Holy Jeebus that is a huge muzzle brake on your 300 Winnie!!!!

Congrats on the woof, and great pics as usual!

BiG Boar
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
That is the three piece quiet brake from coraleens in dawson. I put it on there for my wife. We had her a 270WSM and sold it to fund a scope. So I put that on and she now shoots it just fine. Well she did miss, so maybe not so fine! The one really nice thing about that MB is that the gas escape holes are on top and to the sides so you can shoot it without getting a face full of dust.

Brew
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Great story as usual. Very nice wolf. Good job man.

BimmerBob
05-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Great story and a nice lead in to the next. Way to go Dave!

Darksith
05-19-2010, 03:42 PM
why is your sister kissing you? Kinda wierd don't ya think?

OutWest
05-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Great story fella. Sounds like you're having quite the success, congrats!

open-sights
05-19-2010, 04:36 PM
HA HA!!! Too funny, great story telling though man!

Mr. Dean
05-20-2010, 12:40 AM

What happens in Hunt Camp, STAY'S in Hunt Camp and we shouldn't question it. :lol:

Elkhound
05-20-2010, 08:28 AM
What happens in Hunt Camp, STAY'S in Hunt Camp and we shouldn't question it. :lol:

LMAO...........