PDA

View Full Version : Bow Stabilizer

TIKKA TIGER
05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
I got my new Hoyt Maxxis 31 recently and put my Sword Twilight Hunter Sight on and the new Ripcord Code Red Rest. I've got a few different stabilizers kicking around the house, but I'm looking at putting on a new B Stinger ProHunter. Anyone here use one of these stabilizers before and if so, what pros and cons? I'm wondering what length would be best and what weight - the 8 oz. 11 oz or 14 oz??? I'm mostly using the bow for hunting and some 3D. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Cheers... :-D

Bow Walker
05-19-2010, 04:07 PM
IMO one stabilizer is just as good as another - as long as it does the job for you.

Weight? Hold your bow up (in your bow hand) at arms length. How much does it want to tip forward? How flexible are the B Stingers? If it's really flexible and you're bow is front heavy then I'd not go for a long, heavy stabilizer. Vice-versa would also apply.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-19-2010, 04:32 PM
with a newer bow ... Stabs are pretty close to a Moot point ... they are there for for balance .... in the past Stabs have been a vibration absorbsion and therefore a sound dampening tool ... Todays bows .. Like you Maxxis .. arent gonna get much quieter than it allready is unless you are shooting real light arrows .. in which case a heavier arrow will quiet you down. I personally prefer component stabs ... where i can add or subtract weights on the end ... I use an older Golden key Tranquilizer (witch is super light) but with a 4oz weight on the end of the 9" lenth ... I am almost as stable as my 30" X-ring target stab with a 2oz weight. otherwise all stabs are in my opinin are wrist strap holders on the newer hunting bows ... ... If yoy have good balance without a stab ... then I doubt you need one at all

Muledeerjohn
05-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I use just a basic stabilizer. B-stingers are apparently not bad. I had ordered one but they were backed up at B-stinger in the US and never showed so cancelled it. By the way I bought a Maxxis in February awesome bow!!