PDA

View Full Version : no whitetail LEH?

huntergirl270
05-17-2010, 08:20 AM
There is no whitetail LEH this yr? Does this mean some more any WT seasons or no antlerless at all? Does anyone have the scoop on this?

MuleyMadness
05-17-2010, 08:23 AM
It will be all GOS in BC this year for WT does.

Not sure exactly if that means in every region, or only in regions that had LEH WT doe seasons before, but it definitely means more opportunity.

Darksith
05-17-2010, 08:50 AM
try using the search function, your about the 10th person to make this post

MuleyMadness
05-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh come on now Darksith....if it wasn't for duplicate threads this board would be devoid of active content 20% of the time.

Besides as useful as it is, the search function isn't exactly Google when it comes to effectiveness.

And my response probably took as long as yours did to type, while helping out a fellow hunter :? Like the man said, not such thing as a stupid question.

urbanhermit
05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
:? Like the man said, not such thing as a stupid question.[/quote]
x2

SVIR-Symon
05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
not everyone is as big as a HBC junkie as alot of us are.

05-17-2010, 12:05 PM
try using the search function, your about the 10th person to make this post

quit opening them up, She might have missed it.

oh ya Mulie madness is correct, they have gone General Open Season

martyonthewater
05-17-2010, 01:57 PM
my guess is that this would not include the small herd around herrling island in region 2?

noahs ark
05-17-2010, 04:08 PM
that herd would be murdered opening day

Fisher-Dude
05-17-2010, 04:43 PM
What? There are whitetails in BC?

martyonthewater
05-17-2010, 04:54 PM
that herd would be murdered opening day
invasive species, no room for them here

SteadyGirl
05-17-2010, 10:05 PM
i hope to see the gos for whitey doe, at least where i live .. clean up the herds a bit. alot of ratty looking , tick infested whitetails running around, and the highway kill is pretty brutal

GoatGuy
05-17-2010, 10:06 PM
no gos in regions 1,2,5,6, parts of 7a, parts of 7b. Every else open. Probably be Oct 15-31.

sawmill
05-18-2010, 05:23 AM
I see a hell of a lot of whities around here and they all look to be in pretty good shape,never saw any tick infested ones.They are just switching over to summer hair.
Of course there IS a lot of inbreeding around that Gold Creek area.:mrgreen:

05-18-2010, 05:45 AM

And it's not the deer......!!!!!:):)

GoatGuy
05-18-2010, 08:20 AM
I see a hell of a lot of whities around here and they all look to be in pretty good shape,never saw any tick infested ones.They are just switching over to summer hair.

And it's not the deer......!!!!!:):)

You're far better off naming watersheds then towns.

Rob
05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Ive never shot a Whitey. Do you need to use a magnum caliber like you do with Mulies?

Darksith
05-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh come on now Darksith....if it wasn't for duplicate threads this board would be devoid of active content 20% of the time.

Besides as useful as it is, the search function isn't exactly Google when it comes to effectiveness.

And my response probably took as long as yours did to type, while helping out a fellow hunter :? Like the man said, not such thing as a stupid question.

I googled whitetail leh in bc and got 10 pages of hits, lots from here.

goatdancer
05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Ive never shot a Whitey. Do you need to use a magnum caliber like you do with Mulies?

Yeh, they're tough suckers.

wolverine
05-18-2010, 01:24 PM
i hope to see the gos for whitey doe, at least where i live .. clean up the herds a bit. alot of ratty looking , tick infested whitetails running around, and the highway kill is pretty brutal

Yeah, riding a motorcycle through the West Koots can be a religious experience! Nothing quite like seeing one of those critters run across the road in front of you when you're clipping along at a 100 kliks. You know it's gonna hurt worse than that bumble bee you pasted to your forehead a few miles back.:mrgreen:

wolverine
05-18-2010, 01:26 PM

I hear they're going to put a calibre restriction on them too. Nothing under .375 H&H.

huntergirl270
05-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info from those that are able to maintain maturity on this site :)
Sorry there are still folks of high school mentality hanging around. I had used the search but typed in whitetail leh and got nothing. NOW when I type it MY post comes up!
Have a nice day :)

weatherby_man
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Ohhhhh yaaaaa. The largest magnum available. :wink:

Fisher-Dude
05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
I hear they're going to put a calibre restriction on them too. Nothing under .375 H&H.

I wonder if Jim Shockey will hunt them with an illegal muzzleloader? :rolleyes:

SteadyGirl
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM

i guess that would depend on what your definition of infestation is.. one I shot last fall had at least a hundred ticks but was in otherwise good shape. really good shape:mrgreen: ticks freak me out:eek: . and what is it with the tail hair and hair on on some of thier backsides falling out? what about the road kill?

also you do alot of your hunting in kimberly, slighty different climate with more snowfall. could be less ticks?

darrin6109
05-18-2010, 08:00 PM
magnum to shoot a deer? to each is own i guess.

bigshooter
05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I guess my bow is out now, unless I get the exploding broadheads.

sawmill
05-19-2010, 05:46 AM
[/b]

i guess that would depend on what your definition of infestation is.. one I shot last fall had at least a hundred ticks but was in otherwise good shape. really good shape:mrgreen: ticks freak me out:eek: . and what is it with the tail hair and hair on on some of thier backsides falling out? what about the road kill?

also you do alot of your hunting in kimberly, slighty different climate with more snowfall. could be less ticks?
I`m working out Gold Creek way,tons of nice healthy deer there.What about roadkill?I drive out there 5 days a week,haven`t seen hardly any this year.