PDA

View Full Version : Boston Bar area

cwocarsten
05-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Thinking of going to Boston bar area for may long wknd for a bear hunt. Have not hunted there for 20 + years. Any tips would be great.

Bobby Jr
05-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Just spent all saturday up on the east side of Boston Bar. Drove and Hiked around all day and saw 2 bears. 1 nice sized brown coloured one, and one cub/yearling.

Covered alot of territory and really didn't see much.

Spoke with a few others that day and they hadn't seen much. We were told that the west side of Boston Bar (across the bridge) is the place to be, but apparently theres been a slide on the road which makes it impossible to get to the good spots.

BCBear
05-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Just spent all saturday up on the east side of Boston Bar. Drove and Hiked around all day and saw 2 bears. 1 nice sized brown coloured one, and one cub/yearling.

Covered alot of territory and really didn't see much.

Spoke with a few others that day and they hadn't seen much. We were told that the west side of Boston Bar (across the bridge) is the place to be, but apparently theres been a slide on the road which makes it impossible to get to the good spots.

I was quite disappointed when scouting in early May and found no access on some roads on the western side. After running into 3 major slides on 2 roads I hiked in around only to find both roads had been completely washed away down the mountainside. Lurking around the edges on one of them I turned back after a few hundred meters since it soon became impassable and there were some danglers up above looking way tooo ripe. I guess all the warm temps this winter melted everything too fast and half the mountain came down.

cwocarsten
05-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the advice. Hope I get to post some pics next monday.