PDA

View Full Version : Moved to Elkford!

cowboy-up69
05-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey guys and girls. Just wanted to say that I am now living in Elkford, got a job at one of the mines and now I moved here for good! I love it soo much here! Anyone else out there thats from Elkford, and wanna get together and show me around in the bush or maybe have a drink or two and bs, let me know. I dont know anyone here, and would like to meet some ppl that would be willing to show me some good huntin areas, and all that fun stuff! Just send me a PM or write back on here!

Cliff

d6dan
05-15-2010, 01:12 PM
"some good huntin areas" ?. Hell man, your living with it all around you!. Look out your windows. I got some buddies that live there and if I get the coveted moose draw, I'll let you know..

riflebuilder
05-15-2010, 01:23 PM
You just moved to an outdoor paradise. anywhere around you is a good hunting spot. the fishing is not to bad either. you will love living there.

Jelvis
05-15-2010, 06:50 PM
If you work in the mine, how you going to have time to hunt huge bull elk and grizzly?
You'll be so tired working long shift, get my drift?
Jel .. Long hours .. Work has ruined many a hunter

Trapper
05-15-2010, 09:20 PM
If you work in the mine, how you going to have time to hunt huge bull elk and grizzly?
You'll be so tired working long shift, get my drift?
Jel .. Long hours .. Work has ruined many a hunter

Four days on four days off he'll have more time then most.
Cowboy
just head up the elk main and you'll be to do all the hunting you want,heading towards the elk lake park which is around 67km.

77hunt
05-15-2010, 09:43 PM
live in elkford 10 years now love it some great fishing and hunting. grew up in fernie but out grew fernie. i elkford small town and closer to work you will love 4 on 4 off lots of time to hunt and play. pm me some time to go for a hunt or fish

cowboy-up69
05-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Sounds good boys! Im really pumped for huntin this season!!! Just outta sparwood I came around a corner only to find a big bull in the middle of the road, and his new growth ALREADY had 5 points, he was freakin huge! Cant wait to be out chasin them this season!! And yes, the 4 on 4 off is a great shift, and there will be TONS of time to go out huntin! I dunno what your talkin about jelvis, a guy can never be too tired to hunt or fish!!! There 4 days to hunt, and thats enough time for me!!
d6dan, did you put in for the 4-23 (i think) draw?? I just mailed my cards off yesterday, hope I get it!! And deffinately let me know if you get drawn and come up here!

budismyhorse
05-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Hey Cliff,

Ya know those slides.....you can see them from your house likely?

come september, there are elk in them.

7 mag
05-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Guy's, settle down he said Elkford, not Elko. There's not much for hunt'in around Elkford. Buddys, you should know that!

Jelvis
05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Elkford MU 4-23

The Elk River road north from Sparwood on Hwy 3 is a road to drive up in the center of the MU 4-23 cowboy...
This MU is rich in game animules dig it ...Elk, moose, mule and whitetail everywhere.
In the high areas you got sheep and the grizz.
Try the mains along the Elk and Fording rivers and the roads all over this fabulous MU 4-23.
Lots of hunters because it's a hot spot to hunt.... good luck 69'er
Jel .. nothing could be finer for cowboy69'er

Lillypuff
05-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I am sure this can of soup has been stirred already but I heard Alexander Creek has the best hunting in the KOOTS

SteadyGirl
05-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Welcome to paradise:mrgreen: I have a place in sparwood now too. Pretty nice for a shift work shanty/hunting cabin

Darksith
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I goto elkford every year hunting, jaffery actually, see you on the roads