PDA

View Full Version : Can You Take Deer In Multiple Regions??

Gunner Staal
05-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi guys. Quick question. Im from the Okanagan area and im just having a quick debate with a buddy. If I cut a tag on a mulie in Region 8 am I able to purchase a second tag and take another animal in say Region 3? The two border eachother very close to me and its something ive heard but cant find literature on. Thanks.

cloverphil
05-13-2010, 09:53 PM
yes I believe you can, bag limits are for each region, and it applies to all game with tags

blackwater
05-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes. As long as you don't exceed the regional bag limits and then the Provincial bag limit. It's in the Hunting Regs. Provincial bag limit is 3 deer...that can be 3 Whitetail, 3 Mule/Blacktail, or a combo totaling 3 from as many Regions as you need to reach the 3 deer limit. And of course QCI is different.

Darksith
05-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Yes. As long as you don't exceed the regional bag limits and then the Provincial bag limit. It's in the Hunting Regs. Provincial bag limit is 3 deer...that can be 3 Whitetail, 3 Mule/Blacktail, or a combo totaling 3 from as many Regions as you need to reach the 3 deer limit. And of course QCI is different.
almost, the provicial bad limit for deer is 3, the species bad limit is 2, so you can take 3 deer, but only 2 of 1 species, and the 2 of 1 species can't be in the same MU.

peashooter
05-13-2010, 10:26 PM
What darksith said.

igojuone
05-13-2010, 10:40 PM
This is from last years regs. Different for each region.

Region 3:
Deer:The aggregate bag limit for deer is 3.The bag limit for mule (black-tailed) deer is 2, but only one may be a buck. Antlerless mule (black-tailed) deer are under Limited Entry Hunting only.The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 1 buck.

Region 8:
Deer:The combined limit for deer is 2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one
antlerless deer of each species may be taken. The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless mule deer are available only through Limited Entry Hunting.The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, with only one of each sex allowed. Antlerless white-tailed deer are available only through Limited Entry Hunting or the late bow only season.

In region 3 two mule deer(only one buck) allowed but in region 8 only one mule deer.
In region 3 one white tail but in region 8 two white tail only one buck and one doe.
You can get three bucks if you split them between both regions and don't get two bucks of same species in same region.
Now all this may change if GOS is opened on white tail doe.

Gunner Staal
05-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks alot guys. Much appreciated.

Blainer
05-14-2010, 06:34 AM
almost, the provicial bad limit for deer is 3, the species bad limit is 2, so you can take 3 deer, but only 2 of 1 species, and the 2 of 1 species can't be in the same MU.not exactly true.
In the event you draw a doe tag in some regions,example region 3,you can take 2 mule deer,a doe and a buck.
Region 2 allows 2 blacktail
7b allows 2 mule deer,1 buck and 1 doe.
The answer to above question is absolutely,you can shoot 3 mule deer in the year if you harvest from different regions.:wink:

Blainer
05-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes. As long as you don't exceed the regional bag limits and then the Provincial bag limit. It's in the Hunting Regs. Provincial bag limit is 3 deer...that can be 3 Whitetail, 3 Mule/Blacktail, or a combo totaling 3 from as many Regions as you need to reach the 3 deer limit. And of course QCI is different.100% correct

cavebear
05-14-2010, 09:39 AM
almost, the provicial bad limit for deer is 3, the species bad limit is 2, so you can take 3 deer, but only 2 of 1 species, and the 2 of 1 species can't be in the same MU.

The bag limit in area 1 is 2 blacktails

Darksith
05-14-2010, 02:58 PM
does are the exception, yes, I forgot to add that since Ive never gotten a doe draw

Muledeerjohn
05-14-2010, 04:42 PM
From what i have heard for this years 2010-2012 hunting (2 year regs) that White-tail doe will be open for all regions. there is also chatter about 3 super regions. Coastal Mountain (islands, lower mainland), Interior (okanagan, thompson, caribou chilcotin) and Northern region (omineca, skeena and one other make up this). this is to my understanding and found it on the internet yesteday. so that may change the 3 bucks scenario! Guess we wait and see til the regs come out and that is.........................sometime after today but before christmas!

Fisher-Dude
05-14-2010, 06:33 PM

Only guy on this thread so far who knows what he's talking about. :wink:

To the OP, you can shoot a mulie buck in 8, one in 3, and another one in a third region. Region 8 bag limit is 2 deer, only one of which may be a mulie buck.

Jelvis
05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey F. Dude, how many mule deer and/or whitetail deer combination bag limit are we allowed to harvest in region 3 and region 8 combined in 2010 deer season?
Jel .. thanks in advance Lance .. need your expert advice ..

Fisher-Dude
05-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey F. Dude, how many mule deer and/or whitetail deer combination bag limit are we allowed to harvest in region 3 and region 8 combined in 2010 deer season?
Jel .. thanks in advance Lance .. need your expert advice ..

Three combined.

No more than one mule deer in region 8, no more than one mule deer buck plus one LEH mule deer doe in region 3.

Two WT in region 8, one buck and one doe, but if you shoot two WT in region 8, you can't shoot a MD in region 8.

They haven't finalized WT bag limits in region 3, as previously you could shoot one WT buck plus one mule deer buck plus one mule deer LEH doe. But with the new WT doe season, they may make it two WT (buck plus doe). Stay tuned.

Are you actually going to hunt this year Jeltail?

Jelvis
05-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Yah I want to go out for sure, for a huge muley buck up Jamieson I got a new spot where the place is hoppin with mule deer and some monster mules but it's all hiking and wondering through the beauty country...can't wait.
But I have to til September, but going to pre-scout in the rock bluffs...for big drops.
My old buddy showed me a fantastic spot he's hunted all his life and it is HOT!
Jel .. Walkin the ridge up J My Son .. There he is BOOM! .... HEY I got a MONSTER! Wholley Cow!