PDA

View Full Version : My little brothers 1st bear

bc_buckshot
05-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Last night went after work went to my spot to check on some bears. Picked my up little brother because he loves going out in the bush. Got to the area around 7ish un load the bike and brought (Sheela my 7mm) (Sheela-gonna-hurt). Slowly we drove around a corner we saw a little guy. It saw us and ran and we kept going. Got to the path I made by hand to this beautiful clearing I got one from last year. Told my brother is going to be a bear so be ready and walk slow. We walked on the path looking at the clearing and when we got near the end in the area where the sun is blocked I saw something black about 100 yards. I stop and tucked near some down trees. I took a peek and saw it was a bear. Look with my binos and told my brother its not buge, and not a cub. Maybe early last years or 2nd year bear but if you want it I will take another look and let you know. So I watched it for about 20 mins and its was just eating. He said yeah I want it. So I got him ready on some down trees and told him I will let you know when to shoot. So I waited till it got in the open and it was walking up the bank. He said he cant shoot because its back is facing us. So i said wait till it turns and then shoot if you want it. So I yelled “Hey turn around” and it did and turned its head and BOOM. It dropped right there and down. Waited for 10 mins and my brother just started crying. I gave him a hug and said you got one now work starts. We took a look and he was happy. Walked back got the bike and its was now around 8ish. Drove the bike as close to the bear I could about 25 yards away, took the guts out and put the bear on the bike and headed back to the truck. On the way back saw the same bear we did earlier and it ran back in the bush. Make the story short got to my uncles skinned the bear and done. Don’t know the weight but was 5’ 3 “ long nice first bear for him and is bigger than the one I got 2 weeks ago. How does that work?

05-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Way to go Bro!

Size only counts when you want it to. The memory is what is important.

d6dan
05-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Congrats to your Bro. Memories are for life,because the first bear is always special.

weatherby_man
05-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Very cool, congrats to the lil bro.

Dad and son
05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Great job. The first is always a great memory. I am glad he put his finger up so he can always look back on the picture and remember

bc_buckshot
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
sorry that i didn't state that he had his licence and tag but i made sure he did before he jumped in the truck. I thought that was a givin as being a hunter.

budismyhorse
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
congrats on the clean kill!

Camp Cook
05-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Great experience for both of you that neither of you will ever forget.

urbanhermit
05-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Nice job!!

peashooter
05-12-2010, 01:28 PM
good bear and great story.

PressurePoint
05-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Every first deer/bear is a trophy no matter what.

OutWest
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Love hearing stories like that. Congrats to both of you. Awesome memories for you guys to look back on together!

.308win
05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Awesome job guys!! Congrats to the little bro!!!

Perry

redthorn
05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
this'll be an awesome memory for the both of you,.... except for when years later he's bigger than you and remembers that you posted he started crying after he shot a bear....

Johnnybear
05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
this'll be an awesome memory for the both of you,.... except for when years later he's bigger than you and remembers that you posted he started crying after he shot a bear....

:lol:.

Congrats to your little brother and yourself. Great story. Thanks for sharing. I love stories about going back to spots that have been good in the past etc.:cool:

5 spike
05-12-2010, 08:21 PM
he will never forget that one nice bear guys and great story. congrats.