PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Spray

urbanhermit
05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I am looking for a can of pepper spray for hiking, what is the best brand to get?

Shooter
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
The best way to figure out the most effective is to just try em out. Start sprayin people in the store. Whoever has the most convincing screem was sprayed with the best one. Simple really.

urbanhermit
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
The best way to figure out the most effective is to just try em out. Start sprayin people in the store. Whoever has the most convincing screem was sprayed with the best one. Simple really.

hahahhhahahaha. i think they are prepared for that at crappy tire, they keep it locked way in the back somewhere .!

landphil
05-11-2010, 10:22 PM

The one that gets ya tazered is the winner.

OObuck, OOObuck, now there's some good bear spray.:wink:

Shooter
05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Then spray the twerp that brings it out. Seriously tho I doubt it makes any difference for what brand to use.

urbanhermit
05-11-2010, 10:25 PM
The one that gets ya tazered is the winner.

OObuck, OOObuck, now there's some good bear spray.:wink:
yeah, but i dont own any guns, i just bowhunt, guess i could shoot them in the slingshot.

ahh i better pick up some pepperspray.

Allen50
05-11-2010, 10:27 PM
don't be like the guys on mantracker and leave the wraper on it, make sure you unwrap it and have it ready,, and you can get the stuff any place that sales sports stuff i think, just woundering if you know the diffrents between black bear dropings, and grizz dropings, well black bear droping have grass, bugs, etc in it, and grizz dropping have bells, and smells like pepper spray,,, good luck on your adventure,,,

urbanhermit
05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
the one at crappy tire only looked as big as a lipstick, not too confident with that one haha

Shooter
05-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Ya that one will barely make the cashier scream. Get one at an outdoor store. I have one and its about the size of a large bottle of pop. I haven`t tried mine out but have seen similar ones and they shoot a big stream also which would suck to get hit by.

urbanhermit
05-11-2010, 10:39 PM
doesn't Thomas from Canada in the Rough have a training video? haha

DGuest
05-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I've never tried mine, but I have a red can, I think it says "counter assault" on it. I worked in Alaska for a while in a remote mining camp, Grizzlies everywhere, they had us carry the counter assault brand. Either it was the cheapest or the best not sure which. Just make sure you get a big can, and get the holster, it won't do you any good at the bottom of your bag!

donnytooslow
09-19-2010, 10:55 PM
cheaper than pepper spray .use wasp and hornet spray! shoots farther and more concentrated spray . effective for home defence too. 7 or 8 dollars a can choose your own brand.

Martin_Hunter
09-20-2010, 12:10 AM
I am looking for a can of pepper spray for hiking, what is the best brand to get?

Buy any kind of bear spray.Any brand would be much stronger than pepper spray on bears!

Bow Walker
09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
I think that stuff has an expiration date - so be sure to check that when you buy.

Tie some bells to your shoe laces too.

Squamch
09-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I came across a small can of pepper spray...I think it actually specified dog spray on the can, when I was cleaning out a house once. It was about 1 1/4" X 5". I broughtit home and put it on the counter, intending to find a more appropriate place for it after getting cleaned up. When I got out of the bathroom after showering, I discovered I was living in a pepper spray hotbox. That little can of spray had some sort of locking trigger, and once my curious roommate had pressed it, it emptied the bottle, and filled our kitchen, livingroom and hallway with enough pepper spray to make it a VERY uncomfortable place.
There's a suprising amount that comes out of one of those little cans.

wos
09-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I think the 30-06 brand works the best. Just sling it over your shoulder and your good to go. Guaranteed to work on bears of all sizes!It also has a verry efctive working range:)

goatdancer
09-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Look for the one with the highest concentration of capsaicin.

urbanhermit
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Look for the one with the highest concentration of capsaicin.
whats the highest you have seen?