PDA

View Full Version : my first bear

mr7mm
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
i took my first bear last wed absolutley stoked and measired 6'2'' he is choclote unfort he was rubbeb a liit bad in the loins but chose to do a shouler mount

well it started out a great day it was my first day out and i have been waiting patiently for the bruins to really start moving we decided to head out about 2pm for the afternoon hunt on the way to the area we saw a sow and her cub we stoppped and took a couple pics sorry iam not sure how to post the pics it says the file is too big anyways the old sow got herself all worked up huffing and jumping up and down what a sight when we finally got to the area we wanted to be i immediatley spotted my bear about 250yards away the wind was in my face and he was feeding hard on dandielions and grass i managaged to close the gap to bout 80yards and lost sight of him thinking the worst now the wind was now at my back just then i could see his belly and shoulders so i took up a rest and no sooner rested he busted me and stood up on his hindlegs with a mouthful of grass offering a ideal so i put the hairs on his chest and the rest is history what a absolute rush taking my first bear and it wont be my last we figured he weighed about 320plus does this sound about right for his size of 6'2'' the taxidermiscalled and sayed he i 1/16'' of hitting the bc book realizing he is still green and shrink a little more but no doubt he will always be a trophy in my mind

RayHill
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Where are the Pics?

05-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Story please!

Congrats