PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Bears around this year

eaglesnester
05-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Have been out a few times, lots of scat on the roads and lots of bears in the clear cuts and on the logging roads. All are on the small side and not what I am looking for. Only the 7 footer once in a lifetime shooter bear will do for me. I probably will never see one like that, that I can shoot and that means I will pass on lots of bears. I have seen one bear that seemed to be the one on private land but I could not take him as I did not have owners premission to hunt or shoot on his property. He were a magnificant bear for sure. His belly was almost on the ground, he was a chocolate browney and he had shoulders that were wide and powerful and he was big and round like 4 55gal oil drums.
I watched him for about 20 minutes feeding in the middle of a field on grass totaly unconcerned as he new he was untouchable. I guess I was less than 100 yards away from him. It was a pure pleasure to watch this old boy and I am sort lf glad that he was safe and I did not shoot him.

NitwiT
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
eaglesnester, where abouts are you hunting? I have been out a few times but always seem to end up to high. Hailing out of the lower mainland, I'm keen on finding areas to hunt, burnt up nearly 300 km of logging road today, saw two bear on the way home in manning park of course.

NitwiT
05-08-2010, 08:48 PM
and before anyone else says it, yes, I am getting out of the truck and looking around, :P.

leadpillproductions
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
ive seen over 30 bears but nothin worth a tag

SHAKER
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
If you want a really big bear, keep you finger off the trigger. It can take allot of bears before you see the right one. A few springs ago we kept track and I passed on over 75 bears before settling on a 6'7 black (squared hide). Too bad his head was so narrow.... he only went 18 12/16.

deeks1989
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I have seen officially 35+ bears this check out my hunting 2010 album on my face book....http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=369135&id=651515424&l=e430498f34

eaglesnester
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Try the Vanderhoof area Prince George area, big country and thousands of miles of logging roads. Bring good maps and a GPS is almost a must as you can get lost in the maze back in there. Lots and lots of bears in that area. Went out today (Sunday) in the AM and did not see one bear, which is kind of unusual.

Cheers & TIghter Groups: Eaglesnester